𝟕𝟑: 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐆𝐨 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

JULY 2023

Valentina sat on the warm sand as the wind blew the hair away from her face. She looked at the water in front of her and let her mind wander. Her husband and her kids were the first thing to enter her mind as she traced her hands over the warm sand beneath her.

She knew she would never be fully ready to return home but she had to. She missed her family way too much to not go home. She was only torturing herself even more by staying away from them.

"What you thinking of bonita." The voice of a woman said as she went to sit beside Valentina.

Valentina turned to her and sighed before bringing a small smile onto her face. She turned away from Gisele before looking back onto the water.

"I think it's time to go home." Valentina said as she wiped the sand from her hands.

"You've tortured yourself enough. I also think it's time." Gisele said with a small nod as Valentina turned to her once again.

"Thank you for being there for me the past five years." Valentina said reaching for Gisele's hand. "I don't even know where I would've ended up without you." She said getting the girl beside her to give a smile.

"You helped me when I needed someone. Plus, I wouldn't have left you alone. I promised Brian to look out for you." Gisele said getting Valentina to smile widely.

"God, they might hate me for leaving them for so long." Valentina said before tossing herself onto the sand.

"Don't say that." Gisele said before getting up from the sand. "Now come on. Don't think about that. Your family loves you, they don't hate you." She said as she extended her hand out for Valentina to take.

Valentina took a hold of her hand and got up. She removed the cover she had over her swimsuit before taking a hold of her surfboard. Gisele took a hold of her own before running towards the water. They went for one last surf before returning home.

 They went for one last surf before returning home