𝟓𝟖: 𝐀 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐨𝐭 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐨

FEBRUARY 2016

The team stood in a parking lot that overlooked the city of Los Angeles. The sound of birds chirping and the crazy traffic ahead of them was the only thing that could be heard.

"I'm all for winging it, but this is crazy, man. We got mercenaries with some real heat on us. I mean, I ain't scared or nothing, but..." Roman said breaking the silence as he turned to look at the group standing in a line looking over at the city.

"Man, I don't even have a gun!" He said getting everyone but Dom, to smile at his words.

"Gun?" Dom asked from his position between Tej and Letty. "We got a whole city." He added pointing over at the city ahead of them.

"And we may have more than that. If they use God's Eye, it'll tap the cameras around town to find our location. Which means we could plant a virus." Tej said from his position between Dom and Ramsey.

"And then break in when they access it. So, you're talking about hacking my hacking device. It's brilliant." Ramsey said looking over at Tej who simply nodded.

"Yeah, but there's one problem. The signal strength. We can't start a hack on them until they're within a two-mile range." Tej said getting Valentina to inhale deeply from where she stood between Brian and Letty.

"That's really close." Letty said looking at Dom.

"Close? These guys are military. If they're within two miles of us, we're already dead. I don't know about y'all, but I didn't really plan on dying today." Tej said looking down at his watch.

"Only one way to stay alive." Brian said from where he stood at the end. "We play keep-away with Ramsey." He added getting Valentina to nod as she turned to her husband.

"What?" Ramsey quickly said turning right to the end of the line.

"Brian is right." Valentina said gaining everyone's attention. "They can't hit us if we keep moving." She said as Dom took a step forward.

Brian and Valentina left the group and made their way over to Brian's car. Valentina sighed as she leaned against the side of the blue car.

"What are you going to do if Javier is there?" Brian asked coming to stand in front of her.

"If?" Valentina said shaking her head. "We all know he's going to be there." She said before crossing her arms over her chest looking off to the side.

"But to answer your question." Valentina said before releasing an exasperated sigh puffing out her cheeks in the process. "I don't know, baby. I honestly don't know." She said shaking her head before looking over at Brian.