𝟑𝟖: 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬

AUGUST 2013

In a prison in Los Angeles, in a solitary cell laid Brian. He made a Unicorn horn with some newspaper he was provided, it reminded him of his daughter. His mind was filled with images of his wife and his daughter. He also couldn't help but think of the baby on the way.

A smile came onto his face as he laid on the hard bed with the thought that he and Valentina would have another baby soon. He sat up in bed with the paper Unicorn horn in his hand.

"Brian O' Conner." A man said from behind his door as he opened the small window. "That was quite an entrance." He added as Brian caught a look at him before placing the horn down and making his way over to the door.

"You put a lot of these men in here. What? You didn't think one would recognize you?" Braga said as Brian looked at the two men behind him.

"I've kept tabs on you, you know. You've been having a lot of fun out there. Good cop gone bad, Rio de Janeiro. It's exciting when you go criminal, isn't it?" Braga said looking straight into Brian's piercing blue eyes.

"Too bad you didn't do it earlier; you could have worked for me." He added getting Brian to nod with a fake smile.

"Like Letty Ortiz?" Brian quickly asked. "So, tell me something, because my wife buried her sister." He added getting Braga to have a huge smile form on his lips.

"Oh, yeah, bonita. The one that killed my boy Fenix." Braga said shaking his head slightly. "Yeah, see she buried something, but I couldn't tell you who or what it was." He added getting the fake smile to remove from Brian's face.

"I know she's running with Owen Shaw." Brian said getting Braga to nod slowly.

"Still playing cop, huh? Trust me, this is way above your pay grade." Braga said not taking his eyes off of Brian.

"Humor me, please." Brian said with a sarcastic laugh.

"Well, you're a dead man walking, what does it matter'? I ran everything for Shaw. Drugs, guns, money, women. He taught me to think global when I was just local. He made me a wealthy man." Braga said getting Brian to sigh.

"And this guy didn't just have the cartels working for him. He had the CIA, DEA, everyone in his pocket. He knew what was going to happen before they did. In fact, he even knew when some wet-behind-the-ears FBI agent decided to put some informant in my cartel." Braga said as Brian started balling up his right fist.

"The minute you put Letty undercover, she was dead, bro." Braga said as Brian started to grow mad.

"But she survived." Brian said as he kept his fist balled up.

"That girl is one tough bitch, just like your wife." Braga said as Brian's nails started carving into the palm of his hand.

"Shaw found her in a hospital two days later. He went to finish the job." Braga said as small tears of rage started forming within Brian's eyes.

"And he didn't kill her. Why?" Brian asked as a smile formed on Braga's face.

"She had no memory. Perfect girl, huh?" Braga said not taking the smile off his face.