𝟔𝟗: 𝐈𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫

AUGUST 2018

Brian sat on the staircase that was earlier occupied by Letty. He traced his fingers over the image of his family that he always carried in his wallet. He had just got off the phone with Mia and she informed him that everything was okay with Jack.

Letty took notice of the man sitting alone away from the team trying to control his thoughts. She walked over to him and took a seat beside him. The two sat in silence before Brian spoke up.

"She said she felt nothing for me Letty." Brian said as he kept his eyes on the picture in his hand. "She looked me in the eye and aimed a gun at my face." He added before looking over at Letty.

"She shot you." Brian added before looking back down at the picture in hand.

In just two weeks, Cipher had managed to turn their whole world around. Brian felt broken from within as the image of Valentina's emotionless face haunted his mind. He somehow felt the pain that Valentina carried herself with ever since Cipher took her.

All he wanted was to be with Valentina and the kids, far away from all of this as possible. Yet, he knew that was far out of reach at the moment.

"Don't worry. We'll get her back." Letty said as Brian sighed deeply and blinked the tears away.

"What do we do then?" Brian quickly asked shaking his head. "How do I bring her back without having guilt break her?" He said as Letty brought her hand up to rub his back.

"Hey, look at me." Letty said getting Brian to turn to her. "We will get her back." She repeated before bringing Brian in for a hug.

"I think I can help with that." A voice said making its way over to the two.

Brian quickly looked over at the man making his way over to the two. He slowly removed himself from Letty's hold as Mr. Nobody went to stand in front of them.

"I researched into the chemicals that could fit the description of Valentina's state." Mr. Nobody said as Brian wiped away his tears. "From what you've told us, there's a cure that would clear her blood stream from any weakening serum that Cipher is using." He added as Brian nodded slowly.

"Lucky for us, I happen to have that cure." Mr. Nobody said bringing a smile onto his face. "We get Valentina, and we jam that cure into her blood stream. Although it will take her out for a couple of hours but that'll give us enough time to transport her over to a black site prison." He said getting Letty to quickly shake her head.

"We're not putting her in a prison." Letty quickly said as Mr. Nobody sighed.

"She won't be a prisoner. Yet she will have to be in a secluded room to clear her head from anything that Cipher has inflicted into her. She would have to be isolated from all of you, because right now, from what I've heard..." Mr. Nobody said looking between the two as he shook his head slowly.

"She's the weapon Cipher has to take us all out one by one." Mr. Nobody added as Letty simply turned to Brian who also looked at her.

 Nobody added as Letty simply turned to Brian who also looked at her