Tempted:00:

*Isabelle's POV*
2:02 PM

I'm Isabelle Knowle, a 17 year old senior in Washington D.C. My dad is a politician who's currently running for congress, and my brother is away at an Ivy league school. Classic for a politician's son, am I right?

Myself on the other hand...I guess you could say I'm popular, not by choice really. I've done cross country and track and field, but I didn't this year so I could really focus on my music - NYU is my goal, hopefully. Besides track and field...I'm pretty quiet. I love to read, I love tea, and any kind of crime or mystery shows on tv. I might be popular in school, but I never really go out. I don't party, I don't do drugs, I don't drink...I stay at home, do homework, write my music, watch Netflix, and read, and that's about it.

Currently, it was the end of another school day in January, one of the coldest days of the year, and I was freezing, clutching my sweater tight to me as I managed to shove all of my books I needed into my bag.

"Please Izzy, I don't want to ride with Mark." Jackie, my best friend whined, leaning her head against her locker while holding onto her bag.

"And why not?" I asked her, slipping the last of my folders into my purse, hanging onto the door of my locker as I raised an eyebrow at her.

This is one of the things I disliked about Jackie. She always ran away from her problems and then tried to use me to get out of the situation - especially when she was annoyed with him.

That's another thing about me. I haven't dated anyone in so long...I've had a bunch of short relationships, and I've talked to guys, but it's been a few years since I've actually committed myself to someone.

I don't want a bunch of relationships - I don't want to play games with guys. I want it to be meaningful, and I want to be in love.

So I'm waiting...the games and short-term relationships just aren't worth it for me.

"Because he's getting on my nerves. I don't want to be around him all the time 24/7 and that's what is happening." And there it was. Bingo. I already knew the answer.

"He's your boyfriend." I pointed out. "Maybe you should talk to him, or you know that nothing is ever going to get solved."

Mark is amazing, at least with her. He was so in love with her. He always took her out, surprised her with things. He never took his hands off her.

I wanted that. Someone that never got enough of me - but apparently, she got enough of him.

"I've tried..." She trailed off, resting her head against her locker. "...and then I feel awful. I can't do that. I don't know how to talk to him without upsetting him."

"It's never going to get better if you don't try to fix it."

As I was talking, Mark came up beside her, sliding his hands around her waist and kissed her cheek.

"Hey, babe."

Sometimes, it really wanted to make me puke - and that was my cue to leave.

"Have fun." I said sweetly, skipping away to the doors before she made up some excuse for me to drive her home.

I looked around me, no sign of Troy as I made my way my car.

I guess now would be the time to talk about Troy.  I've grown up with Troy. We've known each other for as long as I can remember, and he's the guy that my dad wanted me to end up with, which was never going to happen.