Tempted:40:

*Justin*

I ran my hand over my face, sitting up slowly and looked around.

Shit.

Oh my god...my head.

I looked down quickly, all of my clothes were still on...that was a good thing- and I wasn't in a bedroom.

But still...

Shit, shit, shit.

I was not supposed to stay the night.

Hell I wasn't supposed I do probably half the things I did last night.

"We'll look who woke up."

I turned, looking in the direction where the voice came from, and I saw Angela at the end of the stair case, wearing- oh my god- she was just in a shirt.

I need to get out of here. Now.

"Um, yeah." I mumbled, standing up and ran a hand through my hair. "I should really get home."

"You're sure you can drive?"

"Yes." I nodded, feeling for my keys. "I really have to call my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?"

"Yeah...erm, thanks for inviting me."

"You're welcome." She watched me as I left- I felt it.

Now I remembered that Bella and I had fought last night- about that fucking douche bag.

Going out to explore the city? What am I? She didn't suggest we do that. Instead she went with him.

I was still mad.

I unlocked my car, hoping inside and opened my glove compartment, finding my phone where I had put it last night.

She had called twice, and had texted me too.

The last text was just to make sure I was ok...and I was already feeling guilty.

God now she probably felt bad. Really bad, and that was my fault.

While she was feeling bad I had just left and gone to a party, completely ignoring her - which I knew she didn't deserve.

But she was in class now, so I couldn't call.

Justin: I'll call later. love you too.

There wasn't really much else to say in a text message...

I didn't even know how to explain THIS to her. I couldn't. I definitely couldn't.

I was already screwed as it was.

I started my car, pulling away from the house and sped off to my apartment.

I probably shouldn't be driving, but I'm not drunk anymore, I'm just hungover...

I wanted to go home and sleep off this damn headache- before I got sick.

I heard my phone buzz in the passenger seat, and I wanted to check it, but I couldn't. Especially now.

I parked my car once I got to the garage, sighing as I grabbed my phone and pressed the home button.

Bella: K.

Yup, she's still pissed. Great.

Well who's fault is that? Mine. All of it was mine.

By the time a slept and fought off this hangover - I'd be able to call her.

Great.

______________

*Bella*

"Are you ok?" Trent asked me, leaning over from where he sat next to me.

"Yeah, I am." I shrugged, staring at the lyrics I had written.

I hated them. I hated all of them.

I scribbled quickly before he saw anything, letting out a sigh.

"You're sure your ok?"

"No." I mumbled, resting my palm in my chin. "I'm frustrated."

"Why? Boyfriend?"

"Bingo."

"What happened?"

I hesitated, biting down on my lip and turned to look at him.

"...Justin- my boyfriend- got mad that I went out with you yesterday in the city. I didn't really do that with him, and he was jealous. We fought about it, and he hung up on me."

"Damn...I'm sorry, I didn't think-"

"Don't you apologize. It wasn't your fault. I had fun. He just has a lot going on...but that doesn't mean he has to take it out on me. It's irritating."

"I'm sure it's different for him with you being gone too. It's probably just a test for you guys."

"Well it's stupid, and I'm mad at him."

"You can be. Us guys all have our moments."

"Yeah well so do we, and that adds to it. He's just...I don't know. He worries a lot about me, and he has reasons too. I know that."

"So he's protective?"

"Yeah, he is...but that's not a bad thing. It's nice to know he cares like that...because he loves me..." I whispered, feeling guilt brewing in my stomach.

He was just showing that he cared. I knew that.

"I'll call him when class is over and I'm walking home or something."

"Has he called since last night?"

"Yeah - I mean he texted, so I know he's ok, but that's it because all I said was 'K' back."

"Ahhh, so you're one of those people."

"Not all the time!" I laughed, pretending to be doing work, but I wasn't. "I was just mad."

"Remind me to never piss you off."

"Ok, you guys are free to go." Professor Reynolds told us, and I gathered up my notebook, slipping my pencil into my bag.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I told Trent before ducking out of the classroom, pulling my phone out again and called him.

If anything I'd just stay on campus to talk to him.

"Hi." He said softly, making my heart melt just a tad.

"Hi." I whispered back, walking along the sidewalk outside.

"I'm sorry...about last night."

"Mhm." I nodded, walking over to a tree and sat down under it.

"I know you're mad at me. That's fine. I overreacted. I'll work on it- I just...I don't know."

"It's like you don't trust me. That's what bothers me."

"I do Bella- I just don't trust him. That's like me hanging out with a girl when you're not around. You'd be mad."

I bit down on my lip, looking down at my shoes and sighed.

I'd be more than mad - I would have reacted the same way he did.

"I know...I'm sorry. I won't go out with him anymore."

"I'm not asking that of you. You're allowed to have friends. I want you to be happy there. It's ok. I shouldn't have gotten jealous."

"But you're also right about the other thing...about you hanging out with another girl, I wouldn't like it at all - especially because I'm not there. I trust you though."

"I know..." He said softly, sighing while I picked at grass beside me. "I trust you too, and I didn't mean to yell at you or make you feel like that."

"It's ok. I know you're just trying to look out for me."

"Of course I am...I love you..."

"I love you too." I closed my eyes, leaning back farther on the tree.

"Do you still want me to come on Friday?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know...because you're mad."

"I'm not mad, just frustrated."

"I'm sorry Bella."

"It's ok...but I do want you to come."

"I'll be there. I promise. I'll pick you up."

"Ok, if you want to."

"I do. It reminds me of when I got you from the high school."

"I remember that. I liked that."

"Me too. Are you walking home?"

"I was about to. I'm still at school now in the park."

"Do you want me to call later before you go to sleep?"

"Yeah sure. That works."

"Alright...I love you."

"I love you too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up after that, sighing to myself and stood up, starting the walk for home.

It wasn't that bad, I was close.

I just hated that I was going home to an empty apartment. I missed home.

He'd be here Friday at least.

______________

Friday:

4:38 PM

"Hey Isabelle." Trent came up beside the piano, leaning on it, making me jump in my seat.

"Oh, Hi Trent." I blushed from the jump, letting my hands fall from the keys.

"That sounded really good, did you write that?"

"Yeah, I did." I nodded, quickly hiding the lyrics, the lyrics I had written about Justin and I. They were secret, something I planned on showing him later.

"Oh don't worry, I'm not going to steal it. I wouldn't do that."

"It's just not finished yet."

"Ahhh, I see."

"What are you still doing here anyway? You're last class was like an hour ago. I mean I've been in here since mine ended..."

"I was doing the same thing you were, but I didn't have much luck. I fiddled around in the studio."

"I'm kind of stuck too."

"Did you want to go get some coffee or something?"

"Trent...I can't - Justin-"

"Right, your overprotective boyfriend."

"He's not overprotective." I shook my head, picking up my bag and slung it over my shoulder. "You don't even know him."

I got up, quickly leaving before he said anything else, clutching the sheet music while I stopped in the hallway and dug for my phone as it buzzed.

Justin.

"Hi," I smiled, biting down on my lip. "I'm coming down."

"Good," He chuckled as I started walking, "I'm here, and we're going out to dinner tonight."

"Oh are we?"

"Yes, we are. Now get your pretty little ass down here."

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I laughed, then hung up the phone, pushing open the double doors, smiling down at the car that waited for me.

"Wait, Isabelle, I'm sorry-"

"Trent," I turned around, my eyes wide. I hadn't realized he'd followed me. "You should really go. Like now."

"I didn't mean to-"

I heard the car door then, and I looked back, Justin had gotten out, whipping off his sunglasses, staring at both of us.

"Trent, now." I urged, but he didn't budge, neither of them did.

Instead I walked down, folding up the sheet music in half and slipped it in my bag, ready to open up the passenger side door when Justin started walking around the car.

"Justin, stop." I turned back, catching his arm, but he shook it off, glaring at Trent.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Boyfriend, huh?"

"I asked you first."

"Justin, stop it." I grabbed his hand, holding it in both of mine so he couldn't use it. "It's not a big deal, he's my friend, and he was just leaving school too, right?"

"You're honestly trying to defend him? Trent, right?" Justin snapped, giving me the same look, then looked back at Trent. "What did you do?"

"Nothing, he didn't do anything!" Taking a small step in front of him, I tried to block him from doing anything stupid - from hurting Trent mostly for no reason, for possibly getting the police involved, so many scenarios were going through my head right now.

"Shut up Bella, let him talk for himself."

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrow, letting go of his hand.

"You heard me."

"Look, this really isn't necessary. I was just apologizing to Isabelle...we're just friends, tr-"

"No, you're not friends."

"Trent, it's ok. Go home. I apologize for my rude ass boyfriend. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to be walking home."

And with that I turned around, slightly bumping Justin as I went down the stairs and started in the direction of my apartment.

"Bella, stop it. It's too far for you to walk."

"You're not the boss of me." I said over my shoulder, walking faster, yelping as Justin threw me over his shoulder, then opened up the passenger side door and sat me inside, slamming the door behind him. "You too!"

Yeah, sure that didn't make sense, but to me it did.

I looked back up at the steps, expecting Trent to still be there, but he wasn't, he was gone - probably intimidated by Justin and ran away as soon as he could.

I'd be surprised if he ever talked to me again.

Justin got in beside me, my arms crossed tightly over my chest, keeping my eyes forward as the engine roared to life, then let them flicker over to his hands on the steering wheel, white knuckles from gripping it so hard.

"Are we going home then?" He asked, his eyes forward like mine had been a minute ago.

"Yes." Was all I said, turning to look out my window, letting myself rant in my head again.

Maybe Trent was right, maybe he is overprotective, I mean after that little stunt out there that's what everyone would think - I basically proved Trent wrong. Justin should have just stayed in the damn car and let me worry about it, I would have just said a simple 'It's fine,' and then skipped right down to the car. I had actually been excited for dinner - but not now, and I certainly wasn't giving Justin the satisfaction of winning, of me forgiving him right away - or being the one to apologize. I hadn't done anything wrong - but I did call him a rude ass boyfriend, which sometimes he was. Even I wasn't afraid to admit he could be a complete douche sometimes, but that doesn't mean I didn't love him.

So maybe I did owe him an apology for that.

But he told me to shut up. That's not ok. You don't tell a girl to shut up.

So fine, no dinner. He can make himself something at the apartment for all I care right now.

"Are you going to tell me what he did?" Justin asked, looking up at me in the rearview mirror for the first time since we had gotten in the car.

"He didn't do anything."

"Obviously he did."

"Oh, so you don't believe me?"

"Did I say that? No."

"Oh that sure is how it seems to me, prove me if I'm wrong, but you were totally about to lunge at him - for no reason! That is so fucking stupid! He didn't do anything to me or you!"

"Really? Then why was he apologizing to you? Because usually when people apologize that means they've done something wrong."

"Because he asked if I wanted to go get coffee with him and I said no because of you! I can't even go out with a damn friend without you getting all jealous and protective. You don't own me."

"So he was asking you out? On a date? For coffee? And you're trying to tell me that isn't anything!?"

"It's not! It wouldn't have been a date! But I knew you'd be like this so I said no!"

"Not a date my ass. Where'd we go for our first date, huh?"

"That was us." I said flatly, looking back out the front window.

"Oh, so because it was us it's different? I got it, loud and clear."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Whatever the hell you want it to."

"Justin, you can't do that."

"I can do whatever the fuck I want, you don't own me." He spat the last words in a growl, gripping the steering wheel tighter. "I'm just a rude ass fucking boyfriend."

"You were being rude."

"Obviously I had a reason to if he asked you out."

"It wouldn't have been like that Justin!"

"It's the same damn thing!"

I stayed quiet, sliding my arms farther around myself, closing my eyes, counting in my head as I took deep breaths.

Don't make it worse. Stay quiet and let him cool off while he's driving. You only have the weekend with him, and fighting like this would just end in a terrible week for both of you.

A part of me now felt incredibly guitly, because Justin and I had gone out for coffee on our first date, at least technically.

But I said no, so he didn't have any reason to be mad at me, I guess.

But he told me to shut up, so no.

We got out of the car in silence, me walking ahead first, letting the momentum of the door keep it open as I went over to the elevator and pressed the button to go upstairs.

"You're going to be like this? Really?"

"I wouldn't have been like anything if you would have just let me handle it."

"Handle what? There wasn't anything to handle."

"Not until you made a big scene."

"Whatever."

"Ok."

"Fine." He shrugged, while I pretended to ignore him and got in the elevator, pressing the button to my floor, crossing my arms over my chest - it was the only thing that kept me from holding his hand.

It was one of those things where we both knew we were mad, and no one wanted to say anything.

I guess it seemed like a stupid reason to be mad, which it was, but sometimes I was more than ok with taking care of myself, he didn't have to get jealous over every single guy.

Then again, it was Trent. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think he was attractive, and he definitely knew what to say and how to act - he was really good at flirting, but he knew I had a boyfriend. I tried to show disinterest, and sometimes I'd say something back that I probably shouldn't have, and I'd feel really bad about it and avoid him for a bit.

People thought I was crazy for that, but I loved Justin, and I would never even in a million years cheat on him.

"Justin, why did you get so mad?" I asked after I unlocked the door, sitting my bag down on the counter.

"Why are you even asking that question?" He retorted back, his arms crossed over his chest like mine had been.

"Because you honestly got worked up over nothing and we ended up fighting - over nothing."

"It wasn't over nothing. Nobody looks at you like that - me. Only me."

"He's just my friend Justin. He wasn't-"

"He was. I saw him. He's a dude Bella, I know how we work, and you're my girl."

"I know that, but I said no. I've made it clear that I'm not interested like that because of you. There is no need to get worked up over it Justin, because then we fight."

"You, not interested? Bella come on. He looks fucking European - or some fancy shit like that, you know what I mean. There is no way any girl wouldn't be interested in him, but obviously he picked you."

"But I don't see him like that." I took a step forward, holding onto the base of his neck with his palms. "That's you to me, alright? Yes, I'll admit he's good looking, but he's not you. It's like one of the girls you've met at college or something, because I know there is some girl over there eyeing you up...but if I found out you went out with her as friends I'd be upset too."

"Exactly." He whispered, trying to hide the fact that he was swallowing.

"Justin, you know I wouldn't do that. We've been through so much, and you're amazing. Trent doesn't even compare to you. Nobody's going to ever compare to you Justin, and I don't want him or anything else to be the reason why we're fighting when you come over on the weekends. I don't want to fight with you."

"I don't want to fight with you either." He sighed, pressing me back so I was against the wall. "I'm just stupid and insecure."

"You have no reason to be insecure." I said back, running the back of my hand over the smoothness of his cheek.

"Yes, I do."

"Why do you think so?"

"Look at me Bella, look at us, our relationship, the things we've been through. Here, do me a favor, close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Close them," He whispered, leaning closer to my ear, and I did, smiling slightly from his hands on my hips. "Now keep them closed, got it?"

"Mhm."

"Now I want you to go back to the day we first met, when I was yelling at Bradley."

"Justin, what does this have to-"

"Please, just do it."

"Ok." I sighed, rested my head back on the wall, absentmindedly running my fingers through the back of his hair.

"Ok, now go to the moment before I turned around. I want you to see yourself get in the car and drive away. We never talked, you don't know me. You go home and curl up to your favorite book, you go home and write some new music, go shopping with Jackie. The days pass, winter turns to spring, you're so excited for prom, you're so excited to graduate. You're Dad is doing so well with his campaign, Josh and you are getting along. You're still innocent, you're still too scared to go to a party because you don't want to get caught, you're not afraid walking to school. At prom you have an amazing time with Jackie, just you girls, you're gorgeous. You know you're going to New York to live your dream, nothing is holding you back. Maybe you'll even meet a nice boy that can completely make you fall off your feet. You're performing throughout the city, you're so in love, there isn't a single scar on your body, there's no fear. It's just you living out your dream. Maybe you record an album and get exactly where you want to go, you marry that guy, you have kids....it's the life you had imagined."

"What about you?" I asked, feeling tears pooled in my closed eyes.

"What about me?"

"Yeah, tell me what happens to you."

"Well," He was still whispering, holding me body tightly in his arms. "I go home that night after work with Mike and Hunter - at Mike's place. We do the usual, smoke a few joints before I head home for the night, and I fall asleep in my bed...the next morning I get up for Manny and do the same thing, except this time I go out to the club and drink some, then I walk home and pass out in my bed...I wonder about my family, how Jaxon and Jazzy are, I'll walk over to the school and watch Jaxon leave with my dad in the car to pick him up, but I don't go down. I do the same thing for a few more weeks, you know - the usual. For my birthday I go out with Hunter and Mike, a few more joints - maybe even something worse, I stay there for the night...A few days later Manny calls me, so I drive down to the warehouse. He's yelling at me about Aaron, how I said I had killed him and he's still there, but I make up something to try and get out of it. It's me or him - How could I kill somebody? I can't...I don't have anything to live for, I've lost everything, so instead of holding up my own gun and pulling the trigger, I let Manny do it to me...I proved my dad right, Manny, I had lost everything. There is no reason for me to be here anymore, so I'm not. That's what happens to me."

"Justin..." Was all I managed, hugging him as tightly as I could, feeling tears roll of my lashes. "Even with all of your mistakes and flaws, you're still perfect to me. I don't want anyone else. You turned around that day for a reason."

"You'd have everything Bella."

"You are my everything, I don't have anything if I don't have you."

"I'm sorry I got so jealous and told you to shut up....and the other night...I'm so sorry."

"I'm sorry I called you a rude ass boyfriend."

"I forgive you."

"You too." I pulled back, quickly wiping my eyes and ran my finger under them for any loose mascara. "Now don't ever do that again. I don't ever want to have to imagine that again."

"I won't, but we needed to." He said against my cheek, pecking it, sliding his hands under the edge of my shirt to my bare skin, making my breathing unsteady.

"Do you still want to go out for dinner?" I mumbled, feeling his lips make their way to my neck.

"Yeah, but maybe a little later."

"Sounds fine to me."

"Oh does it?"

"Mhm." I turned his face then, feeling his lips for the first time since last week, a soft moan escaping me as his hands ran further up my sides, then back down, lifting me up so my legs hooked around his torso, his thumbs now circling my thighs.

Yup, dinner could wait.

_______________

*Justin*

"You're a dork!" Bella giggled from between my legs, my lips pressing a gentle kiss to her shoulder.

"I've gotten used to you calling me that." I chuckled, trailing up to her cheek.

"You are, but I love it."

"You better, because I could turn over right now in this bathtub and make sure your face was wet."

"No! Don't do that!" She shook her head, leaning back farther into me.

"I'm kidding, baby, kidding." I whispered, closing my eyes as I rested my nose in her cheek.

"You're hair is all floppy."

"That's what happens when it gets wet."

"I like it. It's cute."

"There's that word again."

"It is!"

"You're cute." I whispered again, pecking her cheek.

"Am I?"

"Yes, you and your little self."

"I hate being little."

"Why?" I frowned, taking her hands under the water and wrapped both of our arms around her.

"Because I have to look up at you sometimes, and then I'm just short. Also getting stuff when I need it is a problem."

"But I like you little. You're perfect."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are, don't say that." I kissed her cheek, squeezing her in my arms.

"No."

"Yes."

"Oh hush." She giggled, playfully rolling her eyes.

"Make me."

And she did, both of us laughing into the kiss.

Maybe I should tell her about everything...about the partying. I mean it was only a couple of times, but still...

No. I can't. She'd be upset...and the weekends here is for us both to be happy, so no. I'm not telling her.

It'd cause more trouble for both of us, and she deserves to be happy here.

I just wanted Bella to be happy
.

_____________

I hope you guys like it! I'm going to start the next chapter now.

WHAT DO YOU THINK HUH. TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS PLEASEEEEE AND VOTE. WE'RE GONNA GET TO 200K SOON. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!