Tempted:04:

Monday:
11:21 AM

"You've been so happy ever since Saturday." Jackie laughed, opening up her locker beside mine.

"He texted me yesterday. We're not doing anything today because of my dad, but probably tomorrow. I'm just going to do all of my homework tonight in case."

"Doing all your homework in one night? You really aren't ok."

"Yes I am, it's just- I'm still curious...about him. I thought he would have tried something on Saturday."

"You mean like," She made a face, "or like?" This time two fingers, pretending to smoke."

"The first one." I rolled my eyes, grabbing my lunch and leaned against the lockers. "But he didn't. What really freaked me out was his boss."

"Yeah, that sounded sketchy."

"I was honestly so happy I wore pants."

We walked side by side to lunch, sitting at our regular table with Mark, Lexi, Deanna, Bradley, and of course - Troy.

"Damn, you sure are smiley." Mark said as I sat beside Jackie, but looked at me, making my smile curl up even more.

"That's because she's got herself a little boyfriend." Jackie teased, making me blush, quickly looking down as I felt Troy's hard gaze.

"He's not my boyfriend, we've been on a couple of dates."

"Does he go here?" Bradley asked, his sandwich held up in both hands.

"Umm, no," I shook my head, opening up my bagged lunch and pulled out my PB&J. "You remember Justin, right?"

"Yes," He said with a swallow, both of his eyes widening.

"Wait, the guy from Friday night?" Troy snapped, now sitting up straighter.

"Yes, the boy from Friday night," I snapped back. "Speaking of Friday night, remember when you had me pinned up against that wall and you were trying to kiss me? Yeah...how'd your girlfriend take that?"

My table erupted in "Oooo's," he didn't blush, but he glared, standing up from the table and left.

"That was pretty good." Jackie laughed, her forehead rested in her palm.

"Mark, did you know he had a girlfriend?" I asked him, raising up my eyebrows.

"I knew he was seeing someone else...he didn't talk much about her."

"Manwhore." I mumbled under my breath, staring down at my food before I looked up again in the direction Troy went.

________________

Chemistry:
12:42 PM

"I'm pretty sure that you add that last." Jaxon said to me as I lifted up on of the test tubes.

"Oh, right."

"So, how'd it go Saturday night?" He asked me while wiggling his eyebrows and nudging my arm.

"Good, it went really good. You haven't talked to him?"

"No, I have, I just wanted to know if you had a good time too."

"He did? I mean have a good time?"

"Yeah, he did." Jaxon laughed, causing me to look away as I blushed.

To hear he had had a good time sent my stomach swirling.

"Well we've done a coffee and movie... What else could we do?"

"There is plenty. We have all those museums and shops, you guys haven't even gone out to dinner."

"I'll let him pick, he wants to do something Tuesday, so we probably will."

"I'm surprised he didn't suggest a party."

"He has mentioned it, but not for Tuesday."

"Do you think you'd go?"

"Mr. Bieber, Ms. Knowle, are you actually doing your work?" Mrs. Williams asked us.

"Yes ma'am." I nodded, sitting myself up straighter and pretended to write down data as Jaxon fiddled with the test tubes. "And yeah, I probably would go with him."

"You'd have fun, that's for sure."

I smirked at that, our attention turned back to the experiment.

At least one of us was good at Chemistry.

___________________

2:24 PM

"Hey, Dad, I'm home!" I called out, dropping my bag and keys on the counter.

I heard his voice in the living room, a smile curling on my face, only quick to fade as her turned around, his cellphone up to his ear as he held out his hand and silenced me.

"Cool." I mumbled, grabbing my bag and walked to my room, shutting the door behind me to change my clothes.

Why was I so surprised? Him being on his phone all the time was nothing new, whether he was in pajama pants or in a suit, someone was always calling him.

'Hey, we need you to fly to New York on Thursday', 'Hey, if you want the votes you have to be here, there.'

Sometimes I even wondered if I should call him 'Dad.'

I pulled out my homework, sitting down on my bed and stared at the chemistry problems, blanking on everything I was taught earlier in class before Jaxon and I started our experiment.

That was one thing about having a smart lab partner, not that I am stupid, but chemistry wasn't my strong subject. I was good at English and U.S History, but Math and Science? No.

I laughed out loud, shaking my head as I started solving the problems, knowing I should probably get it done before I had to write a short story for creative writing.

I already had a pretty good idea for that.

There was a knock on my door, then my dad peeked his head inside, softly smiling at me.

"Hey Iz, sorry. Brian called."

"It's fine." I tried to smile back, meeting his eyes for a moment before I looked back down at the chemistry paper.

"Don't you want to put that down for a minute so you can hug your dad? I love that you're focused on homework, but come on now..."

I looked up again, a smirk on his lips as I playfully rolled my eyes and got up, wrapping my arms around my dad, laughing as his arms squeezed me and lifted me off the ground.

"I missed you."

"I missed you to." Dad laughed, pulling back and looked at my room. "I was expecting a mess."

"Are you kidding Dad? Josh is the messy one not me." I laughed, my arms crossed over my chest.

"Speaking of your brother, I thought we could go out to dinner on Friday, since we'll all be here. Sound good?"

"Err, yeah." I nodded with a shrug. "That's fine."

"Why, did you have plans?"

"No, I don't. It's ok, really. Don't worry about it."

"Ok, I'm going to order dinner. Want chinese?"

"Yeah, chinese sounds good. I have to finish up tonight and tomorrow's homework."

"Why tomorrows?"

"I'm, um, going out."

"On a school night?" He raised his eyebrows, his hands now in his pockets.

"Yeah, right after school. I'm not going to be out late, he's just picking me up right after school, so I'm going to do all of my homework tonight so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow."

"He doesn't go to school with you? It's not Troy?"

"No it's not Troy dad, and no, he graduated last year."

"And I haven't met him?"

"No. He's not my boyfriend Dad, it's not like that. It's hard to explain."

"No, I got it. It's ok, but you know how I feel about that."

"I know, and I promise if it turns into anything else, you'll meet him. I just don't want to throw the idea of meeting my dad out there yet, especially when he knows you're a politician."

"Very true." He laughed, pulling me forward by the back of my head and kissed my forehead. "Finish up your homework."

"Alright." I smiled back turning to walk away and sat back down on my bed.

"Hey, I love you."

"Love you too, Dad."

He shut my door then, leaving me alone with my homework.

I couldn't even imagine Dad meeting Justin, at least not yet.

____________________________

*Justin*

11:38 PM

"Where is it?!" Manny shouted, a gun held up to the guys head as I stood behind Manny with Hunter, my hand held tightly onto my own gun at my waist.

"I told you, right there in the drawer!"

"Justin, go look in the drawer." Manny told me, nodding his head over to the desk, and I walked over, pulling the drawer open and dug around.

"There isn't anything here." I told him, still holding tightly onto my gun.

"What!? No! That's where I put it! It was there!"

"Obviously not!" With that Manny knocked him out, letting him hit the floor as he looked back at us.

"Search it again, then clean it up. We don't leave messes. Check the book shelf too."

"Here, Hunt, you check the desk again, I'll check the books."

"Got it."

I fixed my gloves, pulling each book down, then stopped at the 8th one I opened, seeing cut out pages and a wad of cash.

"I found it." I told him, taking it out and tossed it over to Manny.

"Alright, let's clean up and go. Before he wakes up."

And that's what we did, leaving quickly before the victim woke up, climbing into the van and drove away.

He wasn't dead, I knew that much...but something always died a little inside when I did jobs like that.

But I did what I had to do, I had to. I had rent to pay, my own house was the only place I was welcome, at least family wise.

Hunter and I both looked at each other in the car, my hands slowly pulling the gloves off, one hand with two bloody knuckles, the rest of me didn't have a scratch.

"You cool?" He whispered, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm cool." I nodded, letting out a breath I had been holding in as we drove back to the warehouse, following Manny inside and up the stairs to his office.

"Here, I'll pay you now. Good job tonight."

He handed me and Hunter two stacks of cash, both of us saying a quick 'Thank you,' before we went to leave.

"Hey Justin, will you stay for a minute?"

"Yeah..." I nodded, rubbing the back of my neck with my hand.

"So, that girl of yours, what's her name again?"

"Izzy...why?"

"I'm just curious, she's a very pretty girl. I don't think I've ever seen you with a girl."

"I've been with girls, but this time is a little different."

"I'd just keep her pretty close if I were you, and you better keep your mouth shut. You know what happens."

"Manny," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I know the rules. You don't have anything to worry about."

"Good," He smirked, one that made my stomach twist. "You can leave now."

I nodded once, turning my back and went down the stairs where Hunter was waiting.

"If he starts watching her I swear to fucking god," I mumbled, shoving the money with my hand still on it in my pocket.

"He's just doing that to scare you."

"You're honestly telling me that after what happened with Grace?" I asked softly, watching his eyes harden as he looked forward.

"That was my fault, and I can't leave."

"It was not your fault."

"I don't want to talk about her," He snapped, then let out another sigh. "Just be careful with Bella."

"I don't even know if anything is going to happen with her."

"Oh really? Who are you going out with tomorrow?"

"Shut up," I let out a low chuckle, giving him a shove with my arm and opened up my car door. "I'll see you later."

"Hey, clean up the cuts."

"I got it. Goodnight Hunter."

"Goodnight."

I slipped inside, wincing as I stuck my keys in the ignition, then pulled away, speeding through the empty streets to my apartment.

It had been a long night, after all that I just wanted sleep, but I had a feeling I wouldn't be getting very much after that.

I parked as far up as I could in the garage, locking my car as I got out, then went to the elevator, hitting the button for my floor and walked groggily through the hall.

I fiddled with my key, shutting the door lightly so I didn't wake anyone up, straight into the kitchen and opened up the cabinets, opening up a bottle of Benedryl, getting a glass of water and then downed it with the pill.

It helped me sleep, and it was what I had.

Pulling my closet open, my hand pushed back my clothes, then found the safe I had, pulling my gun off my waist band and then the cash in my pocket, locking it away before I tore my jacket off, draping it over a chair and tossed the rest of my clothes in my hamper, then fell onto my mattress, my blankets hugged tightly around me.

After everything I have dealt with in my life, this was ok. I know it's not the best, but I made do with what I had, I was able to pick stuff up for Jazzy and Jaxon every now and then.

It was hard, not seeing them, living on my own.

I hadn't spoken to my mom in months, my dad clearly didn't want me around, Jazzy hardly recognized me the other day.

That in itself was a slap in the face.

I'd do anything to have not left the house that night, to have just put up with it one more time. I wouldn't be like this, I wouldn't be by myself. I'd have a family, I wouldn't be so lonely all the time and upset - not that I admitted that to any of my friends, but I knew it was true.

I couldn't stand being alone, so I went out, or I got Mike and Hunter to come with me.

Maybe Jazzy and Jaxon were better off without me though, even my parents.

Who am  I kidding? Everyone is better off without me.

_____________________________________

*Isabelle*

Tuesday
2:06 PM

"Hey, have fun with my brother. Try to make him laugh a lot, ok?" Jaxon came up behind me, a hand on my shoulder as I ducked out of my locker and looked back at him.

"Yeah, I will." I smiled at him, looking out to the double doors that led out of the school. "Why, is he ok?"

"Yeah, as far as I know. Just whenever I see him he's - I don't know. Not all there, he doesn't seem like the joyous Justin Bieber he used to be at home."

"You know he's said the same thing about you." My tone was quieter, leaning up against the lockers.

"Really?"

"Yeah, he asks about you, or has. You're the same way Jaxon. At least some days. I just think he misses his brother."

"I miss him too. I've tried to get around the whole thing with Dad, I really have. I just don't want to make the problem bigger. I don't want to never be allowed to see Justin again, or screw things up with everyone else."

"What exactly happened?"

"Um..." He rocked on his heels, pursing his lips as he ruffled his hair. "My parents divorce really got to him. They were always fighting, so he took care of us. When they broke up it really broke him I think, not that it didn't hurt me, it did, but Justin...it would be easy to hear from him."

I nodded, shutting my locker and fixed my purse on my shoulder.

"He'd like to see you, maybe we can work something out where you can come with us one day and I'll take you home. Or I'll cover for you and you guys can go out."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I know my brother is annoying and all, but not being allowed to see him would drive me insane."

"Maybe a little later, if everything goes good with you two, which I really want it to."

"We'll see." I smiled at him again, looking out the double doors and saw the familiar Range Rover parked outside with Justin leaning against it. "He's here, so I'm gonna head out. Do you need a ride?"

"Nah, I'm at Mom's today, so she's coming to pick me up."

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow Jaxon."

"See ya."

My stomach flipped as I looked up again, taking in the fact that that boy was waiting for me outside. I saw people staring, and I couldn't help the proud little smirk on my face.

Just as I was about to push the doors open, I saw Troy walking up to Justin, Justin's hands clenching at his sides as he straightened himself up, both of them exchanging words as I quickly walked outside.

"Oh yeah, you think you're just hot shit don't you?! How about minding your own god damn business!" Troy shouted, everybody staring as Troy went to hit Justin, but Justin ducked, catching his hand and twisted it back  behind Troy, making me gasp, reaching for Justin's arm as he shoved Troy away.

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Ok, sorry." Troy winced, looking at me, feeling Justin's muscles stiff under my hand.

He hadn't even bothered to notice me there, he just stood and glared, watching Troy walk away.

"Hey, come on. Let's go." I said to Justin, his eyes meeting mine, the anger I saw instantly draining from his eyes.

He didn't say anything, he only nodded, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, letting me catch a glimpse at it, two cuts on his knuckles that had barely scabbed over.

I got in the car, watching him closely as he started it, not even giving myself time to think about it before my hand went out, touching the top of his hand on the steering wheel.

"What happened to your hand?" I asked softly, watching him wince from my touch.

"Work, I, uh, cut it accidently. Packing up some stuff."

"Oh." I whispered, pulling my hand away. "I'm sorry."

"Nah, its ok. Happens all the time."

"So what would you like to do today?" I asked him, smiling in hopes of getting one back, and I did.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure. Do you like mini golfing?"

"Yes, I love mini golfing, I'm not very good at it, but I like it."

"There is that indoor one like 10 minutes away, then I thought maybe we could get dinner."

"Yeah, as long as you want to. You don't have work tonight or anything?"

"No, Just yesterday and this morning. It's not really an hourly thing where I clock in and clock out. I do it  job by job from my employer, who you met Saturday, Manny."

"Right..."

"I'm really sorry about that again. I wasn't expecting that, He just came off - really badly. I didn't mean for you to get uncomfortable or anything."

"It's ok. It wasn't your fault. I had a really nice time on Saturday."

"Me too." He smiled at me, letting go of the steering wheel with one hand and took my hand into his. "Is your dad home yet?"

"Yeah, he came back yesterday."

"Oh, I didn't know that. I didn't mean to steal you away today."

"No," I laughed, shaking my head as I tilted my head down, curtaining my face with my hair. "It's quite ok. He'd be working anyway."

"Really? He'd be working during the time that he's home?"

"Yeah," I said softly, nodding my head as I looked up again. "That's part of the reason why my mom and him split."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's ok, they were kinda like yours, fighting all the time. I left the house sometimes, just to the park across the street."

"The one with the swings and the giant slide?" He asked, a smile curling along his lips.

"Yeah, that one."

"I used to go there to."

"It was quiet, it gave me a place to think." I whispered, looking out the window.

"Yeah, same. My parents didn't even notice I was gone anyway."

"Yeah..."

He parked the car, my eyes on the double doors that led inside.

"So, you said you're not good at mini golfing?" He asked as we got out of the car, his hand rested on the small of my back.

"No, not really. I always lose."

"I can fix that." He winked, opening the door for me, making me blush as I stepped inside and looked around us.

This would be interesting.

_____________________________

*Justin*

3:27 PM

"You're not terrible." Chuckling, I leaned closer, sliding my hands over her arms, watching her cheeks turn a faint pink. "Loosen up, that's why."

"Ok," She chuckled, letting me set her up as I looked down at the golf ball, then brought her arms back, lightly tapping it and prayed silently that it would go in.

"Just like that." Whispering in her ear as it fell in the hole, letting my hands fall to her hips. "Not so hard, eh?"

"No," She shook her head slowly, biting on the corner of her lip.

I think I just died a little inside...in a good way.

I let go of her completely, clearing my throat, and reached down for our golf balls in the hole, hers blue, mine purple.

"And that was pretty smooth by the way." She told me, rocking on the heels of her feet.

"Thanks." I laughed, letting her walk in front of me, my eyes traveling down the length of her jeans, then back up before she caught me.

"You can go first this time."

"Are you sure about that?"

"We both know you're going to get a hole in one again, so you go."

"Aw no, you don't know that."

"Yes I do."

"Do I have to show you again?" My cheeks were starting to hurt again from laughing and smiling so much, setting my club off to the side by a bench.

"Maybe." In the same tone, she teased me back, my eyes stuck on hers as I walked forward again.

"Ok." I put my hands over hers again, grinning slightly into her cheek. "Just a gentle tap.

I brought our arms back, gently hitting the ball and watched it go into the hole again.

"Maybe you should just teach how to play golf."

"Maybe I do," I spoke lowly, still holding onto her hands. "I'm just giving free lessons."

"Oh really?" She turned her head, looking up at me from her tiny figure.

"M-hm."

"And how many other people have gotten these free lessons?"

"Just you buttercup." I said in her ear again, then pulled myself away, dropping my ball from my hands and set it up, hitting it a little harder than normal, watching it bounce into the little river beside us. "Shit."

"You did that on purpose!"

"Me? Psssh, no I didn't. Why would I do that?" I felt her watching as I picked it up, dropping it back onto the course, tapping it lightly again into the hole. "See?"

"Uh huh."

"You know Bella," I stood in front of her, tilting my head down so we were eye level. "You're very lucky you're cute, because another thing I've noticed, especially with you tonight and your teasing, is that you are very sarcastic."

"I figure that out about you the day we met."

"Is that so? I'm that readable, huh?"

"No actually," She shook her head, leaving me standing there in confusion. "You're very hard to read, which is why I've gone home the last few nights curious."

"You? Curious?"

"Yes? Is that hard to believe?"

"Not necessarily. I mean you could ask me anything."

"What I'm most curious about is what you can't tell me, but that's ok."

"There has got to be other things."

"Ok..." We were walking again, making our way to the next course. "Why aren't you living at your dad's?"

"Um...well I got into some stuff, I had been for a while, and he just decided he'd had enough, so that was that. He told me not to show my face around there anymore, so I didn't."

"That's terrible."

"It's ok, I deserved it." I shook my head, waving a hand dismissively and dropped the golf balls again. "I'm not really all that average."

"I know, I like that."

Smiling- this girl always seemed to make me smile when I was with her.

"Ok, another question."

"Shoot." I laughed, knocking my ball into the hole- again.

"Why Bella? I mean I know you think Izzy sounds like itchy, but I'm Isabelle, not Isabella..."

"You want an honest answer?" I leaned back on a pole, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yes, please."

"Because Bella means beautiful, and when I saw you that's what I thought."

"Oh," I saw her blush again in front of me, her hair falling to the sides to curtain her face.

I reached up with my hand and tucked it back, and that's all I planned on doing, but I couldn't take it anymore, it was killing me-

So I pulled her forward, one hand on her waist and the other on her neck, pressing my lips on hers, but gently, like she could break under my grasp.

"And you rejected me the first time." I laughed, shaking my head. "You caved."

"Well you did give quite a first impression if I do say so myself."

I just winked, taking her hand from her side and pushed her to the start of the next hole.

"Your turn."

__________________

*Isabelle*

"I'll call you." Justin told me, pulling up in  front of my house.

"Ok, I'll answer, I promise." I smiled at him for the thousandth time tonight, leaning in and kissed his cheek. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I got out of the car, tucking my hair behind my ear while I walked back up to the house and pushed the door open, hearing the tv on in the living room.

"Hey Dad." I wrapped my arms around his neck from behind, sweetly kissing the side of his head.

"Hey, did you have fun?"

"Yeah I did, a lot of fun."

"Good. What's his name by the way?"

"Justin, why?"

"Just wondering. I'm glad you had fun though."

"Thanks. I'm going to take a shower and put on my pajamas. I'm getting quite sleepy."

"Alright."

I practically ran to my room, shutting the door behind me and let out a squeal, touching my lips with my finger tips before I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and called Jackie.

"You're home already?" She laughed into the phone, the image of her shaking her head out me etched in my brain.

"What do you mean am I home already? I was gone for five hours."

"I don't know, where did he take you?"

Everything about the night poured out of me, squeals heard out of me and her as I explained.

He didn't seem to be that scary boy I met the first day, that's for sure.

________________________

*Justin*

"I like her." I shrugged, walking with Mike and Hunter down the street.

"When are we going to get to meet her? That's not fair." Mike whined.

"I don't know man, I don't even know if I should bring her around here."

"You're not going to show her where you live? Or introduce your bestfriends to your girlfriend?"

"My girlfriend?" I asked, nearly choking on the drink in my mouth before I could swallow. "We don't have titles yet."

"When you date somebody and only one person they are your girlfriend or boyfriend, Justin." Hunter said, shaking his head at me. "Have you actually ever had a girlfriend?"

I thought for a moment, looking up at him once, but I think my answer was shown on my face.

They just laughed at me, my speed quickening to get away from them.

"Hey, hey, come on. That's not a bad thing?"

"Then why are you laughing at me?" I snapped, my eyebrows frowed together.

"Because just a few days ago and these past few years we've had the impression that you were the charmer of the group, that you weren't a virgin!" Hunter laughed, holding onto his knees.

"What makes you think that I am?" My eyes hardened, glaring at both of them as they laughed. "Just because I haven't had a official girlfriend doesn't mean I'm incapable of sex. Don't you remember Casey Mathews?"

"The stalker chic?" Mike laughed again, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Screw both of you!" I spat, turning on my heel and walked across the street.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" Mike called out again, my arm lifting up to reveal my middle finger.

I kept walking, holding my jacket tightly around my body to keep it protected from the crisp air, their laughter fading away with every step.

if anybody knew how to piss me off, it was those guys.

I had a good ten minute walk from here, my eyes checking my back every few seconds for trouble.

I had trained myself to think that way.

"Hey! You! You stole my money!" The man's house I had been at yesterday said to me, only a few feet away, not giving me time to react as he landed a punch in my jaw.

I shoved him up against the wall, the blade I kept in my pocket now out against his neck in the alley.

"You broke the rules, you owed Gonzalez money and you didn't pay up, so he took it fair and square. I'd say that better than going to jail for obtaining drugs, isn't it?" It came out as a sneer, part of my lip curled up as I talked.

"Y-Yes."

"Then be happy he didn't kill your scrawny little ass and take a hike. It would probably be better if you didn't show your face around here at all."

I closed the knife back up with the flick of my thumb, shoving him over as I walked away down the street and popped up my collar, pulling a cigarette out of my pocket and held up my lighter, lighting the end, inhaling deeply to get that first breath, my muscles instantly relaxing.

A great night turned shitty, that's what it was.