Tempted:02:

*Isabelle*

Friday

12:26 PM

"Hey," Troy came up behind me, one hand on my waist as I was pulling some of my music out of my locker.

"Hi." I blushed, embarrassed that other people could be looking, and gently pushed his hand off my hip. Again.

"Where are you headed?"

"I have my independent study now."

"Want to skip with me?"

"I'm not skipping class Troy." I sighed, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Well there is party on Friday. We could go."

"Maybe." I shrugged, not meeting his gaze. "I have to go, I'll be late."

"I'll see you after school then."

"Ok."

Walking as quickly as I could away, I shuffled through people so I couldn't be seen.

The guy couldn't take a hint, no matter what I did.

I always felt uncomfortable around him, like he was pressuring me to be interested, how everybody thought we were talking, but we're not.

Nor will we ever be.

He's the type of guy that every girl would kill to make out with, but me.

But if I was drunk, I probably would.

But you have made out with him...

I just hated that I was looked at as a goody good, I'm not. I have priorities. My dad has an important career, and I'm supposed to support him- I guess. It would help more if he was around.

"Hi Mrs. Martin." I smiled, setting my books off to the side and sat down at the stool of the piano.

"Hi, how was your weekend?"

"It was good, same as usual."

"And your dad?"

"Still super busy, trying to put the campaign together, plus work on all his other stuff. I get it."

She simply nodded, sitting in a chair by the me.

"I rearranged this," I smiled at her, pulling out the music from my folder and sat it on the stand. "I wanted to slow it down, and added some more notes. Put a spin on a modern song."

And that song was One More Night by Maroon 5.

"Go ahead and play it, I'd like to hear it."

I went through all of my pieces for the period, working on some new ones with her, and then the bell rang.

I made my way to my locker, fiddling with the knob to do my combination, then grabbed my books, putting them in my bag as Jackie came up.

"Did you see Troy today?" I tapped my fingers on the door, her eyes lifted up to meet mine.

"Yeah, why?"

"He won't leave me alone." I groaned, getting everything I needed to do my homework.

"I can say something to Mark if you want, to try to get Troy to back off."

"Maybe he'd listen to him. He hasn't taken a hint from me."

"You say that now."

"But it's true. He makes me so uncomfortable."