Tempted:28:

*Bella*

8:57 AM

"Wake up, buttercup." Justin mumbled into my cheek, kissing it softly a few times as I groaned.

"Why? Isn't it early?"

"No. It's like nine and I got bored."

"I snuck in here last night only to get woken up in the morning."

"Oh come on. I know you're dying to go outside to the beach and let me pull you into the water with me. All you talked about was having an excuse to see me shirtless."

"Are you kidding? You are right now." I laughed, peeking on eye open and looked over at his chest.

"And you're not. There's something wrong with that."

"No! Stop it!" I laughed as he tickled my sides, holding onto his while he shifted weight so I could breathe, my laughter filling the whole room.

It took me a minute to remember we were alone in the house.

"You're laugh is so cute." He cooed, kissing my cheek.

"Mine? Have you heard yours, it's like..." And I imitated it, seeing his cheeks flush. "See! You're cute!"

"Fine. I'm cute."

"It's such a miracle!" While giggling, I slid my arms around his neck, staring at his lips for a moment before I looked back at him. "Look at your hair."

"Sex hair."

"But it's not."

"It can be."

"Shut up." I took my turn to blush, trying to hide it, but he shook his head, preventing me from tucking mine into his neck and kissed me, making a smile curl on my face for a moment. "Did you already smoke this morning?"

"Maybe..."

"You're quitting."

"Bella-"

"It's bad for you, and I'd like to keep you around for a really long time. You'll get cancer."

"I tried to quit."

"For like a few days."

"How do you think I'm going to quit? Hmm?"

"If I had an idea, would you do it?"

"Depends..." He winked, letting himself hover over me. "What'd you have in mind?"

"You'll just have to see, won't you?"

"I guess I will."

"Where are they?" I ducked under his arm, standing myself up and rested my hands on my hips, raising an eyebrow as he watched me.

"Why?"

"Because I want to know. Where are they?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Fine." I walked over to his jacket, reaching in the pocket and pulled them out. "Say bye."

"Bella, Bella no-"

"Bye." I grinned, running out of the room and down the stairs where I heard him coming after me.

"Bella no! Those are mine!"

"You sound five."

"Give them back!"

"No." I said flatly, holding them to my chest while he tried to reach over and snatch them.

"This isn't funny."

"I'll give them back on one condition."

"What?"

"You have to give me one."

"Fuck no."

"And why not?"

"Because you don't need one and you're not getting one." He hooked on arm around my waist, pulling me back against him, but I held the box out, waving my arm around while he tried to catch it.

"I will get one if I have to. If you're going to smoke them then there has to be something good about them."

"No Bella. You're not-"

I managed to open the box, pulling one out for myself and then sat the box on the counter by us, managing to get out of his grip and ran back upstairs, finding his lighter and in the process burnt my thumb, but I lit the cigarette.

"Isabelle Rose Knowle! I said no!"

"Too late!" I smirked, taking it and went out on the balcony, sticking it between my lips.

"You're honestly pissing me off, give me that right now."

"No," I coughed, catching a wiff of smoke - remembering why it was such a turn off in the first place.

"See? You're not getting started on this stuff." He took it from me, snatching one of his shoes by the door and through it down, smashing it with the shoe.

"You don't need to stay on it. It's gross. Would you like to kiss me now?"

"No."

"Exactly. Before we go to the beach, we're going to the convenience store and you're quitting."

"Or what?"

"I won't kiss you anymore."

"That would leave us with a couple of very frustrating weeks, wouldn't it princess?" He smirked, tilting his head as he looked at me.

"For you. My needs haven't really kicked in." I shrugged, pushing past him and went to my bathroom, finding my toothpaste to cover up the smoke I had just inhaled.

"You and I both know that's bullshit." Justin appeared in the doorway, his hands tucked in his pockets.

"No it's not."

"We'll see about that." And then he walked away.

What the hell.

_______________

"What'd you get?" Justin asked, eyeing me as I walked out of the store from where he stood waiting.

"Here." I had already opened up the bag of DumDums, holding them out for him. "Pick one, and every time you want your cigarette, you'll have one of these instead."

"That's it? You're just going to give me a lollipop?"

"Maybe," I shrugged, watching him stick his hand in the bag and pull one out. "Should I slip a hand full in my bag? Hmmm?"

"If you want to." He mumbled, trying to hide his excitement as we walked back down the road and I held onto his free arm.

"I will." I giggled, kissing his cheek, grabbing a handful and slipped them in my bag, putting the candy inside the house while he waited for me on the path, taking my hand when I came back.

"Jackie was right, I'm drooling."

I rolled my eyes, smiling as he took a break from the lollipop and kissed my temple, walking out to a non-crowded beach, because it was all people's houses.

"This is nice. I'm not going to have to punch someone in the face for staring at you."

"Nope." Giggling, I shook my head, skipping out onto the sand and dropped my bag. "If it's cold I'm-"

"You're getting in. I'll drag you."

"Justin-"

"We both know I'll do it."

"Hold on. I have to take my shorts off. Chill." I smiled again, doing that little dance to get them off, then Justin snatched me up, holding my legs under my thighs and walked towards the water. "No! It's going to be cold!"

"Oh no it's not, and if anything you can cuddle up to me. I'm not letting you lay out in the sun the whole time and leave me alone."

"I wouldn't do that! I wasn't going to!"

"Sure princess, sure."

"I wasn't!"

"You're really funny." He grinned, kissing my forehead. "Want to go to the boardwalk for lunch?"

"Sure. I love it there. They have a Ferris wheel and stuff, if we want to go one night."

"Yeah, that sounds fun. We can go maybe tomorrow for a date."

"Really?"

"Of course. It's summer, and I want to take my baby out a few times while we're here."

"Aw, I think I should be allowed to take you out. I know the town."

"So? I like taking you out."

"You're so sweet." I cooed, holding onto his face, the tips of my toes in the water.

"Can I put you down? My shoulders starting to hurt."

"Of course. Don't hurt yourself." I let him sit my down, waist in the water with his hands catching my hips, holding me against him.

"I like you in blue."

"That's because it's a bathing suit."

"But not just any bathing suit. A bikini."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, ruffling his hair and stood up on my tiptoes.

"I don't have to. I've seen everything."

"Stop it!" I whined, letting go of him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You stop, there is no need for that. I like it. I like it a lot."

"M-hm." I nodded once, laughing as he wrapped my arms back around his neck by my wrists, planting kisses from my cheek down to my neck.

"I love everything about you."

"Is that so?"

I only felt him nod, his hands giving me a gentle hug.

"I would like to remind you we aren't behind closed doors and my mother has neighbors." I mumbled, pulling myself back a little.

"Screw them."

"It's also illegal and I'm not going to jail for that when you can just learn patience."

"I don't want to be patient."

"Sorry baby." I grinned, pecking his lips, turning to look out at the water.

"I love you." He smiled back, pecking my cheek and made me step farther with him out into the ocean.

"I love you too."

"Ready?"

"Ready for what?" I raised my eyebrow, but he picked me up again, this time by my thighs, wrapping them around his torso and threw us into the wave ahead, my arms tightening around his neck so I could press my face into it, hearing his laughter as we came up for air. "I hate you!"

"No you don't, you just you loved me. I know you love me." He was laughing at me, repeatedly kissing my cheek.

"Not right now."

"Hey! Yes you do, be nice. We're having fun."

"You made me wet."

"I don't understand why you girls love the beach so much but don't like the water."

"Instinct." I mumbled, fixing his hair.

"You're like a cat."

"How is that?"

"You're feisty and don't like water."

"I'm feisty?"

"Mhm. Like when you raise your eyebrow like that and put your hands on your hips with your head tilted to the side. Yup, you're like a cat."

"I never realized how observant you are."

"You can call me Sherlock."

"No." I giggled, shaking my head and kissed him with a smirk on my face.

___________________

*Justin*

"Anything?" I asked into the phone, pacing with a towel wrapped around my waist, my voice lowered to keep Bella from hearing me where she was a few feet away in the shower.

"No. I'm looking though. We haven't heard anything else, and nothing else is weird around here besides the usual. Don't worry yet."

"Of course I'm fucking worrying. I don't need her to find out that he's still on the move. Not now while she's so happy and thinks she's safe. I told you I'm not breaking that promise."

"I told you I'd take care of it. We're all watching here. If anything we point them towards California. He's going to figure out that you're both gone at some point. We'll send him there."

"I don't know what to do. I can't -"

"Man, enjoy your vacation. Take her out, go to the beach, have sex or whatever you guys are doing, but stop worrying. That's only going to make you miserable and you're supposed to be having fun."

"I am having fun."

"Not enough fun. Where is she anyway?"

"Shower."

"See! That's fun! Go! I'll call you later!" And with that the line went dead.

I ran my hands through my hair, letting my phone fall onto the bed beside us and lifted up my head as the door opened from the bathroom.

"I forgot my clothes." She blushed, her towel wrapped around her with damp hair a little ways below her shoulders.

"Forgot them, hmm?"

"Shut up."

"No, come back." I tugged her back by her waist, brushing my lips against her ear. "Do you still want to go out for lunch?"

"If you want."

"I asked if you wanted to."

"Justin-"

"Bella, I mean it! Stop! Do you still want to go?"

"Yeah, I want to go."

"Then - you know I should say get dressed, but I don't want you to."

"You're not even dressed. What were you doing?"

"I was on the phone with Hunter." I shrugged, kissing her cheek again.

"Again?"

"Mhm. He's my buddy."

"I know...just - you're sure nothing's going on?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Alright."

"You got a little tan." I grinned again, still holding her back on me with my hands on her hips, trailing my lips down from her cheek.

"So did you. Your hair is going to practically blonde by the end of the summer."

"Basically." I nodded, pecking her shoulder, looking up to see her eyes closed.

"We should get dressed. I won't be long." She pulled away, squeezing my hands and ducked out of the room, leaving me standing there with my eyebrows frowed and my mouth hung open.

What the hell?

____________________

*Bella*