Tempted:38:

*Bella*

I hugged my books to my chest, staring at the building in front of me, swallowing as I took a step forward.

I was so nervous. I'd been to the campus a couple of times, and I came yesterday just so I knew where all of my classes were.

I made my way through the parking lot up onto the sidewalk, tucking my hair back behind my ear.

There were a lot of people here. A lot of people - and I knew that because it was a big school, but wow.

I made my way through the doors inside, looking around to see a few groups here and there talking, but not me.

I went straight to my first class, happy I wasn't the first one in there and sat down in an empty seat, feeling my phone buzz in my pocket.

Justin: Good luck. Love you ;)

I smiled to myself, looking around quickly to see if the professor was watching - or if anyone else was staring at me, but class hadn't started yet.

Bella: Thanks :) Love you too.

I waited for it to send before I turned off my phone, slipping it in my bag and pulled out my notebook. I hadn't forgotten anything. I had checked my bag at least three times last night to make sure everything was there.

I started looking at the textbook on my desk, glancing up every ti me someone new filed in,

"Alright," My professor stood up from where she had been sitting, going over to the door and shut it. "I'm just going to do a quick roll call before we go ahead and start."

My hands were slightly clamy, and I wiped them discreetly on the front of my skirt, opening up the little pencil case I had gotten and grabbed the first one I saw.

I looked at every person as she read off there name, lifting up my hand when my name was called and let out a here.

I knew people were staring at me as much as I was staring at them.

I don't know how I felt about that.

"And Trent Sadowski?"

"Here." A boy with dark brown hair lifted up his hand, but instead of looking at the professor, he was looking right at me.

I quickly ducked my head, letting my hair curtain my face.

I didn't need anybody looking at me like that.

I had Justin.

Just keep your eyes forward, and everything will be fine.

______________________________

*Justin*

1:14 PM

As soon as I opened the door to my apartment, I tossed my keys on the table with my books, letting myself collapsed on the couch.

I forgot what it was like to actually go to school.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...but people did stare...I just ignored it and didn't talk to anyone.

I had enough on my plate, and I was thinking about Bella all day.

We'd just exchanged a text and that was all.

It had been weird these past few nights sleeping without her, just without even knowing she was around.

I miss her so much and it's only been a few days.

At least going to Mom's tonight would help me take my mind off of it, I'd love to go out, but I can't.

Not tonight.

What if Bella finds out about the other nights? How mad would she be?

Maybe she'd break up with me...maybe she'd see that she deserves better.

I just hope she's ok...I mean she seemed perfectly fine to me.

Better than I wanted her to be...and that was so selfish.

But I knew she'd love it there, a part of me just wished she wanted to come home, that she'd want to come back and be with me, but I'd never ask her to do that.

Maybe she'd get used to not having me around a lot faster than I'd get used to her not being here.

Maybe she has.

__________________________________________________________

7:49 PM

"Mom, please." I whispered, holding up the glass of water. "You have to."

"I can't Justin."

"Mom, yes you can. You have to. You'll get dehydrated."

"I can't even hold it down."

"You have to try. Please Mom, please?" She sat up barely, just enough for me to tilt the glass into her mouth and take a sip. "Just take it easy."

After that she relaxed back into the covers, closing her eyes - frightening me for a moment, but she moved, rolling over on her side.

"Aren't you hungry?" I asked, sitting down beside her.

She slowly shook her head, my stomach twisting a little.

"Mom, you said the same thing this morning. You have to eat too."

"Not now."

I kissed her forehead, standing up and walked out of the room, scooping up my phone from the table and called Dad.

"Hey Justin? Is everything ok?"

"Mom isn't eating again...I don't know what to do. I got her to drink a little, but I think she's sleeping now."

"I'll be over. Jaxon can stay with Jazzy, and I'll get her something to eat."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, and you just started your classes. You have to be tired. Did they give you homework?"

"I mean a little," I shrugged, rubbing the back of my neck with my hand. "But I don't want to leave her. It's nothing that can't wait. I did most of it earlier."

"Just wait for me to get there. Don't start putting things off the first day. You don't need to get behind. How was it?"

"It was alright. You know...school, but I was really excited, and four classes isn't that bad."

"I really hope it all works out for you. I'm glad you like it."

"I thought maybe after two years here...I could transfer to somewhere in New York to be closer to Bella. It's just a thought, and we'll see how everything works out...I was just thinking."

"Just see how everything goes here first. One step at a time Justin."

"Yeah." I whispered, looking down at my shoes.

Today was the fifth day without her. Sure I wasn't necessarily around her every day before, but I can't go to her house to sneak in just to sleep with her for the night, and I was alone in my apartment. I'd call her tonight before I went to sleep, and we've talked every day, but she wasn't here.

I was missing her like crazy. I missed snuggling my nose into her coconut hair, holding her tiny figure against me while she slept, and those lips...

At least when I tried to keep her safe earlier I knew she was here, now she's just gone, a couple hundred miles away to where I couldn't run if she needed me. I wouldn't know.

And I couldn't run to her either.

"I'll be over in a few minutes kiddo. Just keep your eye on her."

"I will." I waited a moment before hanging up, peeking my head back into the room.

She hadn't moved at all, and I felt my stomach lurch, my heart speeding up as I walked over to her, then let out a breath as I saw her chest rise and fall.

She's fine. Just sleeping.

She had to eat something.

__________________________
.
8:23 PM

"Hi Justin."

I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear at the sound of that voice. It was the sweetest thing I've heard all day.

"Hi buttercup, how are you?"

"I'm ok, I'm tired. What about you?"

"Tired. Did you have a nice first day?"

"I did. The lectures have begun, but Justin, we got to go see where we were allowed to write, or even go after school sometimes to work on our pieces, and the piano was gorgeous."

"There was only one piano?"

"No, there's a few different rooms, but that one was the best...but what about your day?"

"Oh, well it wasn't all that interesting. I got homework already, math stuff that I already did and that was it for today. I have my science classes tomorrow and it sounds like we're already going to be working on a project...so that'll be fun." I said the last part very sarcastically, running my hand through my hair where I laid on my bed.

"With partners?"

"Yeah..." I trailed off, nibbling down on my lip. "I'll work with a guy Bella. It's not a big deal. I'm sure I can find someone-'"

"Justin, it's fine. You can work with a girl if you want. It's not a big deal."

I felt my heart sink a little bit at that, a frown curling on my face

A part of me had wanted her to say no, that she didn't want me working with a girl and that a guy wouls work better anyways.

But she didn't.

"We'll see what happens."

"How's your mom?"

I stayed quiet for a moment, turning over on my side, trying to think of the right words to say that wouldn't make Bella worry, but you couldn't really sugar coat this...

"She's...not great. She wouldn't eat anything for me, but Dad got her something and I think she decided not to fight it. Dad told me he's staying with her while I'm at school, and then he goes to work when I get back...I don't know how much longer this arrangement is going to work out."

"I'm sorry Justin. Maybe she could move into your Dad's house."

"He's thinking about it. I think he probably will make her come...and she'll see Jazzy and Jaxon more."

"Exactly. Are you ok?"

"I guess." I shrugged, staring up at the ceiling. "There isn't much I can do."

"I know..."

"And Bella?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't think I'm going to be able to come up this weekend...with her like this I ju-"

"Shhh. It's ok, don't worry about it. I'm going to have a lot of homework anyway. Who knows how much time we'd get to spend together...and I know you'll have homework too."

"Yeah, I will. But I'll try and make it up next week, ok? Hopefully I can get Dad to stay with her, or maybe we can even convince her to move in by then."

"I hope so...I miss you."

"I miss you too." It came out so softly I wasn't even sure she heard it for a minute, the palm of my hand resting against my forehead. "I miss you so much Bella."

"You know, it's actually kind of quiet here, without you. I dont have that laugh in my ear every five minutes."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, chuckling as I turned on my side. "I haven't felt your lips in almost a week."

"I'll give you a nice kiss when I see you again."

"I'm going stir crazy."

"I'm glad I make you that way." She giggled, making my heart twist a little in my chest.

"So you know, I'm thinking about getting a rose on my arm to fill in the space."

"You're sure about that?"

"I'm pretty positive. Why? You don't like it?"

"No, that's not it. I just don't want you to make a decision that you'll have the tattoo for the rest of your life and...you know."

"Bella, I love you, alright? Please stop worrying baby."

"I love you too."

"Come on now, you better be smiling. If I could I'd be tickling you right now."

"I'm really not surprised."

"What are you doing?" I asked her, staring up at my ceiling.

"Laying in bed. I'm tired. What are you doing?"

"Laying in bed," I chuckled, rolling on my side. "I told you we'd probably end up doing this."

"I know you did." She giggled, an image of her blushing popping up in my mind.

That's my Bella.

_________________________

*Bella*

Tuesday:

12:48 PM

It's only the second day. The second day and I'm exhausted, my chin propped in my palm just to keep my head up.

I looked around, tapping my pencile lightly on my desk, and to my surprise, we were being dismissed.

Class was over.

I really had to get more sleep.

I gathered up my books, hugging them to my chest and slipped my bag over my shoulder.

Maybe I'd go for a walk today...and I could call Justin...or maybe I should do homework first before I call him...he might still even be in class anyway.

"You're Isabelle, right?"

My head shot up, looking at the brown haired boy from my Psychology class.

"Yeag...and you're uh-"

"Trent Sadowski."

"Nice to meet you. It's nice to see a familiar face in a class."

"Yeah, tell me about it. Are you from here? New York?"

"No actually, I'm from Washington D.C." I smiled as the words left my mouth, walking with him out of the classroom.

Gosh, it was so nice that people didn't know who I am here, that I wasn't known for being Sean Knowle's daughter. For once in my life, I was just me.

"Oh wow, I'm from Virginia. Virginia Beach actually...so the same coast."

"I've never been there."

"Ehh, it's alright." He shrugged. "And D.C?"

"It's ok." I shrugged with him, pushing open the door to the school. "I'll see you tomorrow in class."

"Ok, I'll see you."

I headed down the steps just like I did yesterday, starting the walk back to my apartment.

I'd kill to have my car now, but that would be too much money for gas...and so much traffic.

It's probably just easier to walk...just not for my arms.

By now I had gotten used to all the noises of the city, figuring out when to walk and when not too, there was also a nice little market place in the city by my apartment, and I know soon I'll have to work...

Hopefully I can get some gigs somewhere soon, even if it's small places - after I got into school...getting used to everything.

Gosh I had to figure out what to eat tonight, and my homework.

Odds are I'd eat cereal. I was living the true life of a student.

I wanted to do some exploring...but I didn't want to go around the city by myself...

I'd probably wait for Justin. I felt safer with him around anyway. I just wanted to get home.

I could use a nap anyway.

It took me ten minutes from where I was to finish the walk back to my apartment, and I unlocked the door, dropping my books by the door and went straight for me bed.

Oh my gosh that felt good. Cold pillows and the fact that my feet weren't on the ground was enough for me.

I looked at my phone that I still had in my hand, frowning at the time.

Justin was no doubt still in school...I wonder if he liked it...I hope he does. I'm glad he's finally going to school. I'm sure it's helping take things off his mind with Pattie.

I miss her...and I needed her to make it. Justin needed her.

I couldn't imagine what would happen if he lost her.

I'd definitely have to go back home if that happened.

____________

SO WE MET A NEW CHARACTER IN THIS CHAPTER. MWAHAHAHAHA. ANY THOUGHTS?

Poor Justin though :( my heart.

Comment and vote!!