Tempted:29:

*Justin*

Thursday:
8:19 PM

"You look so pretty." I said in Bella's ear, hugging her waist in my arms while kissing her temple.

"Thank you."

"Mhm. What should we do first?"

"The ferris wheel." She leaned back into me, smiling down at the tickets in her hands. "It's my favorite."

"Alright, whatever you want princess."

"Hey, Justin? Why do you call me princess?"

"Because you are my princess." I smiled into her cheek, kissing it before I took her hand and pulled her toward the ferris wheel, not leaving her any time to respone as I gently pulled two tickets off of the roll in her hands, ready to hand them off to the employee as we waited in line. "You know, since you're almost always in your heels, I don't get to see you at your real height that often."

"Stop it. I hate it."

"Why?"

"Because it's inconvienent."

"Not to me." I thumbed her chin, tilting up her face to softly press my lips on hers. "I love you, and your height."

"I love you too."

We were next in line, and I handed over the tickets, helping Bella into the little car and sat beside her, slipping my arm over her shoulders.

"See, look." She smiled as we went up a little, leaning over to look out at the water. "It's beautiful."

"But still not as beautiful as you." I smirked into her cheek, letting my hand fall to her waist and tug her back into me.

"Smooth."

"You know it."

"When we've walked around a little more and stuff, we should sit down and eat a funnel cake."

"That sounds really good." I broke my gaze from the water, resting my forehead against her temple, circling my thumb on her waist.

"Breathing on my neck like that shouid be illegal."

"I didn't even know I was."

"Lies."

"Why? Does it make you want to kiss me?"

"There isn't a moment I don't want to kiss you."

"Then why aren't you?"

"Because you're doing that."

"Oh bullshit." I chuckled, turning her face so our lips met, kissing her gently while my hand traveled up her waist to her neck. "Was that so hard?"

"Yes." She grumbled, fighting a smile as she bit on her lip.

"Whatever." I teased, pecking her lips again.

"I want to get one of those air brush tattoos. Nice and painless."

"Wimp."

"I'm sorry I'm scared and don't already have a sleeve forming. I can't pull that off, and I don't want that many."

"Are you insulting me?" I pretended to be hurt, holding a hand over my heart.

"What?! No! Not at all!"

"I'm kidding, relax." With a chuckle, I hugged her back to me, looking out at the water. "What would you get?"

"A rose, right on my shoulder. I want that for real too, but if I get one you're coming with me becauses I'm too scared."

"It's not that bad."

"Say you. You probably couldn't feel a pinch." She pinched me, making me jump where I sat.

"Um, ow!"

"Ok, I was wrong. Sorry."

"I should pinch you back, but I won't."

"Good. I am kind of a baby when it comes to that."

"I know."

"Hey! You're supposed to say no you're not, you're so strong and not a wimp."

"You are strong, you're nerves are just a little sensitive."

"They won't be after you teach me how to fight." She grinned, crossing her arms over her chest.

"No. That would require us physically fighting and I'm not doing that."

"No it doesn't! You wouldn't have to touch me! That's not how you did it!"

"Yes it is," I nodded my head, widening my eyes. "That all Hunter and I did for a while when we weren't working."

"Fine, then Hunter can help me and hit me since you won't."

"Fuck no. There is no way in hell I am allowing that."

"Well somebody has to teach me!"

"Fine. I'll do it. But fair warning: there will be a lot of wrestling and kissing."

"That's fine with me."

"It has to be." I winked, looking around again as the ride stopped, then took her hand to help her back up.

"Tomorrow can we? Please? I'm actually excited."

"Alright, tomorrow. After I eat my breakfast."

"Ok." She smiled, kissing my cheek and then let me help her out, swinging our hands as we started walking again.

_____________________

*Bella*

"You're so cute, I don't care what you say anyomre, you're cute." I laughed, leaning over and brushed powdered sugar off Justin's lip, watching as he quickly ducked his head down to try and hide the fact that his cheeks had turned a faint pink.

"Funnel cake?" He asked, shaking off what I had seen and held out a piece for me.

"Thank you."

"Welcome buttercup."

"Did you have fun?" I asked after I swallowed, letting my feet sink into the sand as I leaned my body into his.

"When don't I have fun with you?" He questioned back, pressing his lips to my cheek.

"I don't know. Ever?"

"Lies!" He laughed, kissing my cheek again. "All the time. Especially at night."

"Oh my god shut up!" I smacked his chest, covering my cheeks with my hands, completely mortified, but he just kept laughing, thorwing a wink in the middle of it all.

'You do too."

"One of these days I'm going to get you back for every time you have made me blush and you're going to regret it mister."

"I like where this is going."

"Perv." I mumbled, but scooted closer, taking another piece of the funnel cake and popped it into my mouth.

"You know that you're not going to stay i nyour room tonight, but instead you'll come in a sneak in mine."

"Of course I will. Why would I stay in a room by myself when you're right next store...unless maybe I don't sneak in. You can suffer."

"Me? Suffer? I've been alone plenty."

"So have I."

"Are you suggesting something?"

"I'm suggesting that we just see who caves first," I shrugged, leaniing in so our lips were a few inches apart, watching as he fought to keep his eyes open. "Because I don't think it will be me."

"Bullshit."

"I guess we'll see, won't we?" I smirked, gently pecking his lips, giggling as he leaned in for more, but I shook my head, holding up my finger and held it to his lips. "Nope, once you cave you can have more."

"B-But-"

"Sucks, doesn't it?" I cocked my head to the side, trying not to laugh as he sat the now empty paper plate aside while he fell back, groaning when he hit the sand.

There was no way I was losing this one.

______________________________

*Justin*

11:24 PM

I laid with my hands behind my head, letting my eyes flicker back and forth between the ceiling and the door.

I wanted her to come in, I was waiting for it, but with every second that passed, I doubted she was coming in.

I was already 11:30, my mind was racing, maybe she was asleep already, and it wouldn't be so bad to give in so I could sleep.

Sighing out loud, I pushed myself up, opening up my door and shut it behind me, knocking lightly on Bella's door before I opened it, sneaking inside to see her sat up, smirking over at me.

"I knew it."

"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes, crawling in beside her and hugged her waist. "You would have come over in a minute anyway."

"I was about to, but I win."

"You can win as much as you want as long as I can kiss you." I grinned, nestling my face into her neck, opening up my lips and tugged on her waist, pulling her closer.

"You're going to do it anyway, so why bother asking me? Hmm?"

"I wasn't really asking." I mumbled, sliding my hand up her shirt to her skin, skimming the edge of her bra.

"When do you."

"All the time!"

"True."c

"Exactly. I was patient." I smiled at her, propping myself up on my palms. "And my was it worth it."

"I know." She laughed, throwing my off from her usual blush.

"I love you." I told her, cupping her cheek, softly kissing her, feeling her hands slide down my chest.

"I love you too."

"Are you tired?" I questioned, kissing her cheek a few times.

"No, not really." She shook her head, biting down on her lip as her hands slid to my back, moving her nails up and down my skin. "But we can't-"

"I know, I know." Sighing, I leaned down again, holding myself above her face. "It's fine."

"It has to be." She giggled, running her hands through my hair.

"No it doesn't, but we're not there yet." I grinned at her mischievously, sliding my hand behind her back and down to her butt, squeezing it in my palm, laughing at the small squeal that emitted her lips.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Oh nothing." I chuckled, watching her as she lifted herself up enough to my lips, pulling me down with her, sinking her teeth into my lip.

Aren't you glad you came over?

___________________

Next Morning
*Bella*
10:11 PM

"I don't think I can do this." Justin muttered, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Come on! Please?! Just a little bit! You don't have to hit me!"

"I am going to be so mad if you get hurt . I will be done for forever."

"Alright - but I won't."

"For this one, just don't actually hit me."

"Ok." I nodded, nervously laughing as he stood in front of me, placing both of his hands on my neck.

"This is the first one Hunter taught me. Basically you're going to go down on my arms where my elbow is to push them down, and you bring up your knee to hit me in the groin, but don't really do that. Got it?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, then try doing it slowly first. You know, so I don't keel over."

"Got it." I nodded again, pushing down on his arms like he said, slowly lifting up my knee before it made contact and looked at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Good. Now try it again, but quicker - just be careful."

And I did it again, grinning when it was over.

"And who didn't want to teach me?"

"That one is easy." He said with an eyeroll. "But sometimes you won't be able to get away with just that. Go to do it again."

"Kay."

"This time instead, go to push my face away. You might have to keep going because the other thing isn't always enough. Instead you fight. Stomp on their feet with your killer heels or go for the gut, then run. Try it."

So I followed what he said - once again without really hurting him, and he let go.

"Good job."

"Thank you." I laughed, slightly blushing as he winked.

"But you won't necessarily have the person come up in front of you. Especially you. In New York someone isn't going to turn around from in front of you and attack you. They'll come up from behind you. So..." He spun me around, wrapping one arm around my neck lightly, leaning into my ear. "What are you going to do?"

"Heels?"

"You can, yeah. My rib cage is also open, and then when my grip loosens, the groin is open too with anyone. Go ribs, heel, and by then you can slide yourself out from under my arm and get out - that's where you go for the groin too, but not really."

"Alright. Go?"

"Go."

And I followed again, going in slow motion, trying not to laugh the whole time, then swiveled myself out of his grasp.

"See, not so hard."

"Then why were you giving me such a hard time about showing me?"

"I don't like to think about you actually using it. You shouldn't have to."

"I might." I shrugged, letting out a deep breath. "I could have earlier."

"Without a doubt in my mind they would have killed you if you would have. It's best you didn't..."

It was silent for a moment, both of us thinking to ourselves I guess, my arms instinctively crossed over my chest.

"So, moving on..." I said, uncrossing my arms and clapped my hands together, watching him already fighting internally with himself.

"I think that's all you really need."

"Really? That's all you're going to show me?!"

"What else do you want to know?"

"I-I don't know."

"You're fine. Trust me."

"Justin, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." He shook his head, rubbing the back of his neck with his palms.

"Ok." I sighed, holding my hands up in surrender. "Forget I asked. Thanks for the little lesson though."

"You're welcome."

I left the room, nibbling on my lip as I went up the stairs where I had left my phone and checked the messages, looking at missed called from Jackie, and sat on the foot of her bed to call her back.

Justin was in a mood after that little tid bit, and I didn't want to deal with it. I'd just upset him more, and he disappeared like I had, so I'd let him go and do what he needed to do.

"Where are you? Are you ok? You haven't answered any of my texts or calls and then I went over to check on you and you weren't home." She said when I answered the phone.

"Justin and I left for South Carolina a little early." I admitted, staring down at my feet.

"And you didn't tell me?! Here I am having a heart attack over here because I'm scared my bestfriend is gone and Mike didn't know anything either when I talked to him yesterday."

"I'm sorry. I thought Hunter would have said something to him Justin's talked to him. It's just complicated right now. My Dad said all these things, and either Justin was going to go away or I was, so we left. I didn't have time to tell anyone but my mom, and she came and picked us up. I could have called after, but I didn't. I'm sorry Jackie. I guess I was just trying to forget everything for a while, but it feels impossible."

"It's ok...I get it. I was just worried. What did your Dad say besides that? Like the other stuff."

"That I should have just died. I don't remember what it was exactly because I was crying, but it was basically that."

"That's terrible. I'm so sorry."

"Am I stupid? Ever since the beginning my dad has said all these things...I've denied them, but you haven't seen me. I'm so scared Jackie. I don't even know where Manny is, but he's still around. It was like my dad didn't even care about that, he was only concerned with how bad Justin is for me and how much damage he's done in my life when I don't see it. Why am I the only one? I mean yes my mom has been cool about it, but...I don't know. Sometimes I wonder what I've gotten myself into."

"But he loves you Izzy. You know that. It really hit me when he came to prom to make you happy. He came after you with Manny, and he was doing everything to protect you."

"I've just been a burden for him ever since we've been together. He shouldn't always be worrying about me."

"That's not true. You gave him his family back, he's not really partying anymore. You've done a lot for him."

"He's eating lolliops now instead of smoking too."

"Lollipops? Really?"

"It's working." I laughed, looking out the window towards the beach wherer I saw Justin, standing out in front of the water with the wind running through his hair and clothes.

"Well good."

"I'm worried about New York though...leaving him...he's starting his classes too now, which is great...but I'm not going to be around when those other girls are hitting on him. I'm not going to be able see how he looks at them. I'm not going to be able to stop him from leaving me."

"Izzy, listen to me. He doesn't want anybody else. If he did, he wouldn't have changed his old ways and he wouldn't have run away with you. He loves you, and he wants to be with you. You guys will visit each other and odds are you'll be talking all the time anyway. Don't be so paranoid. It'll be ok."

As I listened to her, I still watched Justin, looking at him as he plopped down in the sand and tugged at his hair, never turning around to look back at the house.

"I know...hey, can I call you back? I think Justin is upset outside. I'm going to go try and talk to him."

"Yeah sure. Actually call me this time, ok?"

"Alright, bye."

"Bye."

I got off the phone, setting it down again and opened up the sliding glass door, walking onto the porch and down the steps, following the path to the beach and quietly walked onto the sand.

"Justin, are you ok?"

"I'm fine, don't worry about it." He snapped, not even turning his head, and I almost turned around to head back, but stupid me walked forward anyway and sat down next to him, my hands flickering down to the grasp he had on his own wrist, his elbows rested on his knees. "Or do you need to think about that too? You might not want to get yourself into anything else that might seem stupid."

"Why even bother listening if you don't listen to the whole thing?" I shot back, narrowing my eyes as he pursed his lips.

"Because I didn't need to."

"You know, it's honestly stupid of you to make assumptions like that. That's not even what I meant. Obviously you missed the rest of the conversation, and if it was you and Hunter talking, you'd be pissed off at me."

"But it's not."

"Whatever." I got up, brushing myself off and started walking away from him down the beach, now irritated myself.

God, sometimes he really was an ass for no reason.

"Bella, come back!"

"No!" I said over my shoulder, walking faster as I heard him shuffling behind me.

I should probably just run.

"Bella, knock it off."

"You!"

"You sound like you're five."

"Shut up." I scowled, still walking in front of him with my arms crossed over my chest, but he grabbed my arm, spinning me around lightly to face him.

"You're not going anywhere by yourself."

"Yes, I am."

"No, you're not."

"And why not?" I asked, pulling myself from his grip and placed my hands on my hips.

"Oh don't do that. Now is not the time to get all sassy on me."

"Well about five minutes ago wasn't the time to turn into a douche, but you did that."

"Gee, thank you."

"You're welcome." I turned around, ready to start back on my path, but he caught my arm again, holding onto me firmer, but still gently.

"I said no."

"Since when are you the boss of me? You're the last person I need ordering me around right now!"

He stayed quiet, his eyes softening, watching me as I let out a deep breath.

"Wherever you're going, I'm coming with you."

"I don't want you to, not right now." I admitted, and finally walked away from him, not caring at the moment that he had stood in the same spot while I walked away.

Now I was just in a bad mood, and I wanted to think a little to myself, to listen to everything out here.

Why did he have to come with me? I mean I could understand if we were at home, but we're not. I'd only be a few minutes - honestly I didn't want to be longer than that. I was scared of people around me, and I was afraid of trusting them. I liked having him around to protect me, but I didn't want to turn into one of those girls that had to tell him where I was all the time and who I was with.

He really didn't have any reason to be mad at me. I should be allowed to talk to Jackie about anything, and he knows I love him, he knows I'd do anything for him, doesn't he?

I sighed, running my hand over my pony tail and plopped down in the sand, laying back so I faced the sky.

I hoped he knew.

_____________________

*Justin*
11:24 AM

"Hunt, you have to tell me you've heard something else." I mumbled, my arms party my crossed as I stared out at the water.

"I'm sorry, I haven't. I've been looking, but he's still not back."

"Dammit. I'm trying to push telling her as far as I can. I can't do that. She's already mad at me now for something else, and I tried to get her to let me go with her, but she said no, and I can't tell her why."

"You let her go off by herself?"

"Yes, she's a little ways down the beach. She wanted space, so I'm giving it do her."

"Man go after her. She can't be off by herself, we don't know where he is!"

"She's going to get mad at me." I mumbled, walking in the direction she had gone in and kept an eye out for her, seeing her laid out in the distance. "I see her right now."

"Why haven't you told her yet?"

"Because she'll get scared and worried and she's supposed to be having a nice time."

"Justin, she already is scared."

"But it's different here. We're far away from home, and when she finds out he's looking for us..."

"She deserves to know."

"I need more time." I shook my head, running my hand through my hair. "She needs more time to rest and have fun before things go back to hell again. So do I."

"You know, you can't stay there forever. You can only runaway for so long, and I think it's good that you did, but it's not reality."

"I know Hunter, I know."

"It was just a friendly reminder, go talk to her, and if she says no, just plop down next to her."

"Ok. I'll talk to you later." And I hung up, letting my phone fall in my pocket and started walking to her, watching my feet as I walked, and when she didn't say anything, I sat down beside her like Hunter said, tracing my finger in the sand.

"What?" Bella asked, glancing up for a few seconds before she looked back up at the sky.

"I'm sorry."

"Mhm."

"Bella, come on. You know how I am. I'm sorry."

"It's fine Justin."

"Now say it like you mean it." I smiled, bending down and kissed her forehead.

"I said it's ok!" She laughed, playfully pushing me away.

"Look." I got up, walking closer to the water, bending down to place my finger in the sand where I wrote out each of our names with a plus sign. "Is it cute?"

"Oh stop it!" She got up, running down to me and took my hand, standing up on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek.

"I'll take a picture of it." I pulled out my phone again, snapping a picture while her arms wrapped around my torso instead, showing it to her after.

"What an artist." She teased, letting me slip an arm around her and hold up my phone.

"Smile." But this time I kissed her cheek, grinning at the picture afterwards. "Now I have a new wallpaper."

"Send it to me."

"Alright."

"I'm sorry too." Bella whispered, resting her head partly on my chest. "I knew why you didn't want me to go off by myself."

"Don't," I shook my head, pulling her body closer. "Just not yet."

"I won't."

I had to tell her, sooner or later.

____________________

Author's note:

Here's your update! Please keep commenting and voting! Tempted hit 45K! Thank you guys soooo much! Continue to share it please <33333