Tempted:52:

*Justin*

3:11 PM

"How is everything going?" Grant asked me, causing me to look up from the car.

"Oh, it's fine. I'm getting ready to go and take this out and paint it but-"

"I meant with you Justin."

"Oh..." I trailed off, now standing up straight. "Everything's alright."

"I got a letter from Hunter this morning."

"You did?! How is he? Does he like it?"

"Yeah, he loves it." He nodded, pulling his hands out of his pockets. "He misses you though. He mentioned that. I'm sure you got a letter too. He said something about sending them all out at once. They've put him through so rough training, but when it came to shooting the guns he knew how to do that and said everyone was pretty impressed when he hit the bullseye in the first shot. My letter was mostly the technical stuff. I'm sure yours has a little more of his feelings in it."

"Well I'm glad he's happy. I've been thinking about him a lot. It's weird without him here...working with him and stuff."

"It's weird not seeing him every week, but he sounds really good. A few more months and they'll send him on his first mission."

"I'm sure he's itching for that." I let out a low chuckle, cleaning the wrench in my hands.

"I'm sure he is too...I just wanted you to know I got something, and I'm sure you did too. I know you've been worried about him...you haven't really seemed yourself."

"I've just had a lot going on." Shrugging, I sat the wrench down, thinking of everything that has been happening in my head.

"If you ever need anything, let me know, ok?"

"I will, thanks."

"You're welcome."

I was aching to go home now and check my mailbox. I wanted to see if I had that letter, and I had planned on going to look for Bella's ring tonight. I would...that letter could wait just a few more hours.

I got out of here at 5:30, Mom wanted me to come over to eat, and then I was going out.

I looked forward to eating dinner with my family. It seemed to makeup for all those missed nights.

Then I'd call Bella when I got home - and I'd see her for her gig tomorrow.

We had really good seats for Saturday night. She was going to be so excited tomorrow when I pulled out the tickets.

Maybe there was even a cute way I could give them to her...I'd have to think on that.

I painted the car in about two hours - with two coats. Then I worked on another engine before I was able to slip on my coat and clock out.

"Bye Grant. I'll see you on Monday."

"Yup I'll see you. Have a nice weekend."

"You too."

I headed out to me car, hopping in and turned on the radio as I started the drive to the house. It was a longer drive with rush hour, but I called just telling them I was on my way, unable to check the text from Bella.

I'd have to go to Rachel's to pick up the tickets, so I wouldn't be able to pick her up...I'd probably have to meet her where her gig was at.

I was taking Jazzy out too for lunch...I loved time with my sister. I wanted it before she was bigger.

I was going to take her to the little diner Bella and I went too...they had those cool milkshakes that were meant to look like they were from the 50's, and they were so good, plus they had the best burgers in town.