Tempted:07:

*Isabelle*
Next Morning:

"Good morning." I said to Dad, walking out into the kitchen and pulled down a bowl for cereal.

"Good morning..."

"You know, you're right." I sighed, putting on the best acting skills I had. "I should have just listened to Josh, and never gone out with him in the first place. I don't want to ruin everything for you."

"Really?" He looked up in shock, wearing a t-shirt instead of the familiar suit.

"Yeah, there's other boys."

But not like him, not ones that made me nervous every time I saw him or get butterflies in my stomach when he kissed me.

"Good, you're still grounded though."

"I get it." I shrugged, pouring myself a bowl of Captain Crunch.

"Do you want me to drive you to school today?"

"Sure." I smiled at him, looking over at the clock that read 7:15. "We have like 20 minutes."

"Ok."

The bell rang at 8:05, I was usually at school at 7:45 just to talk to Jackie, sometimes I went out and got coffee, but since my dad was actually here, he had made some.

I waited patiently, turning on the tv before we had to go, then got my bag and followed my dad out to his car.

"I'll be gone in the morning for another business trip. Virginia this time. I'll be there till Friday then I have a press conference that I would like you and your brother to be at."

"Ok...I need a dress. Am I not allowed to see Jackie at all?"

"Jackie's an exception. It's mostly the boy I'm worried about."

"Dad, I'll break it off. It's fine. I really do get it."

"Ok, it's fine. You can go out after school today. I want you home at 6:30 for dinner."

"Got it."

So I had to find a dress really quickly and text Justin to tell him. That gave us some time.

And I had a lot to fill Jackie in on.

_________________

7:47 AM

"He's not letting you see him anymore?!" Jackie asked, her mouth hung open after I told her everything that had happened the previous night.

"Yeah, I was really upset. I mean I know that Justin's isn't like this bottle of perfection all put into one guy, but it was a couple of years ago."

"I honestly was shocked the day you told me you were going out with him. Yes, he's absolutely gorgeous, but just looking at him you know something is off. I don't know...it's weird. I get what your dad is saying, but then again he deserves a chance like everyone else. Your brother shouldn't be the reason why you can't see him."

"It's all his fault. He's the one that attacked Justin the other night! Did Justin do anything? No. He was only walking me up to my door. I was so embarrassed. Now my dad too?"

"Have you talked to Justin?"

"Yeah, I called him while I was crying, probably not a smart idea, I don't want to scare him away, but I felt like I needed to. He said he'd think of something, then smart mouth me suggested I sneak out."

"Sneak out? You?"

"Exactly." I laughed with her, leaning up against my locker. "But I know Dad is going to be on me...I told him I'd break it off, but I don't want to, that's the last thing I want."