Tempted:48:

5 days later:
Thursday
11:27 AM

I hadn't left my bed all day.

He hadn't called me since I hung up, and I hadn't called him.

What did that even mean? That he didn't want to talk to me?

I don't know why I expected a phone call a few minutes after...the next day...yesterday...

I hugged my pillow tighter to my face, letting the tears roll onto my pillow as I stared at the wall of pictures.

Justin and I on the beach...in his car...in his apartment...pictures I took of him being stupid...after prom...there was so many...

I was afraid I'd have to take them down soon.

My phone went off on my night stand, and I sat up, looking at the caller I.D.

Jess.

"Where are you? You've never missed a day of school this whole semester." She asked.

"I'm in bed." I mumbled, curling up deeper into my covers.

"Why? Are you sick?"

"No...I just wasn't really...in the mood to come today I guess."

"What happened?"

"It's just stuff with Justin. I'll be ok."

"Hmm, should I be over with a tub of ice cream pronto?"

"Yes." I nodded quickly, my eyes flickering back to the pictures while a new set of tears escaped me.

"Ok, ok. I'll be over in a few minutes. Hang in there."

"Ok."

_______________

12:16 PM

"I did what Trent told me to do. I told Justin how I felt and why I was upset. I asked what was wrong...what I did...and he wouldn't answer, he just said it wasn't anything I said...so I told him to call me back when he knew. That was Saturday. I haven't heard from him once." I choked out, scooping out a bite of icecream. "I thought he'd tell me. I thought maybe there was another girl...but he said no..."

"Well he's been here the last few weekends, right?"

"Yeah...but two weeks ago Hunter left...his mom had her doctors appointment...and last weekend he spent some time with his family...it's not every weekend."

"Did he?"

"Y-Yes?"

"You're sure about that?"

"He wouldn't lie to me."

"Do you have anybody you can call to confirm that? Just so you know?"

"Jaxon...his brother...but he's in school right now."

"Then text him. Is there anything else you are worried about? Like besides the weekend?"

"Monday, I'm not sure...it's probably nothing."

"See that, you need to stop that. Something sounds way fishy here. This isn't nothing. Maybe he's trying to figure it out, maybe he's doing something he knows you wouldn't be happy about, it could be that you guys are growing apart, I don't know. Maybe you scared him Saturday with what you said and he's actually trying to get his shit together, but you can't just let it go. I understand that you love him, I do, but you can't just let him take advantage of your trust. How many times have you guys fought and made up? Like really made up? If you're catching my drift here."