Tempted:34:

*Bella*

Next Morning:
9:28 AM

"How do you feel?" I asked Justin as his eyes fluttered open, running the back of my hand on his cheek.

"A lot better."

"Good." I kissed his forehead, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "You should probably change your bandage. I can do it."

"No, Bell, it's ok. I got it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, trust me. It's fine."

"Alright." I sighed, watching as he slowly sat up and sauntered his way into his bathroom, seeing a slight bruise formed around where the cut was.

I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to sleep anymore. I didn't want to be alone.

He's back. He's here somewhere and what if he came after Justin while I wasn't around? What if he came after me and killed me?

I was terrified...all of the fear that had somehow managed to get out of my system was creeping back.

"How bad is it?" I asked him, my eyes roaming down his back.

"It could be worse. I'm fine."

"Are you sure you don't need stitches?"

"Babe, it's nothing."

"It's not nothing. You probably wouldn't even go to the hospital for a gun shot."

"Yes I would."

"Justin... What are you guys going to do?"

"Bella-"

"I want to know."

"We'll take care of it."

"That isn't enough of an answer anymore Justin! I can't just keep going off of that." I stared at him, my arms folded over my chest while he turned around for just a second, glancing at me where he stood.

"You shouldn't have to worry about it."

"But I do! Whenever I'm not with you, I don't know what's going on and I don't know whether to be with someone or - I don't know. I'm just as terrified as I was before."

"Bella..." He sighed, sitting beside me and leaned over, cupping my cheek. "I promise you, nothing will happen. I won't let him near you, and call me if you're afraid. Trust me..."

"I do trust you. I don't want you getting hurt...I don't want you getting in trouble for being stupid."

"Taking care of him isn't stupid."

"It is if it could put you behind bars and give my dad every reason to make sure you stay there. I'm not going to let Manny be the reason I lose you."

"You won't buttercup." He chuckled a little, resting his forehead against mine, but I didn't laugh, I stayed quiet, holding his hand to my cheek.

"You don't know that. If I wouldn't have found you last night when I did, you might not be here - all because of him."

"But I am here Bella. Everything happens for a reason."

"That does not involve you leaving - for any reason."

"I won't Bella. I won't."

"I love you."

"I love you too." He whispered, leaning down and touched his lips to mine tenderly, my fingers falling through his where he gave my hand a gentle squeeze. "I won't let anything happen to you Bella."

"I know you won't."

"I can spend the night with you tonight if that helps."

"Yeah," I nodded quickly, biting down on my lip. "Come and sneak over. For old times sake."

"You know I will." He winked, laughing against my lips before he kissed me again. "Come on. I'll make us breakfast."

_________________

10:12 PM

I opened up the door to the balcony, giggling quietly as Justin's hands slipped to my hips, quick to kiss my cheek before I shut the door softly behind him.

"Miss me?"

"Of course I did." Another giggle escaped my lips, feeling his graze mine as his hands cupped my cheeks, making me forget why I was so eager for him to come over in the first place...

I was frantically checking the windows to make sure it was him and not someone else every time I heard a noise.

"I'm kind of surprised you're still awake honestly."

"I was reading."

"Of course you were." He playfully rolled his eyes, sitting on the edge of my bed and scooped up my book. "What's this one about?"

"My life." I mumbled, sitting beside him and took it back.

"No it's not." He taunted, nudging my arm.

"No it kind of is. It's about a girl who falls for a badass."

"Hmmm...interesting..." He grinned, sliding his arm around my waist from the front so he pulled me closer and kissed my cheek again. "Does she play hard to get to?"

"I did not play hard to get."

"You did a little bit at first. I'm just irresistable."

"Shut up." I went to push him away as i lowered my voice, remembering my brother and dad down the hall.

"You can't make me."

"I could, but I won't because that's pleasant for you."

"You're so mean to me sometimes."

"I am not!" I whined, wiggling away to sit the book on my nightstand and fixed the shirt of his I was wearing.

"Yes you are."

"Justin!" I let out another whine, sitting back next to him and curled into his side. "Don't say that. You're making me feel awful."

"I'm sorry." He sighed, leaning down enough to touch his lips to my forehead. "You're room looks so different."

"I know." I took my turn to sigh, crawling into where I usually laid when he came over and patted the spot beside me, watching strip down to his boxer and get the light beside us before crawling in next to me.

"Two more weeks...you have to be excited."

"I'm not as excited as I thought I would be."

"Why do you say that?" He asked, running the back of his hand along my arm.

"Because I'm leaving you...I'm going to be far away from home in this new place. It's scary."