Tempted:12:

Wednesday:

7:42 AM

"Oh my goodness, look at you." Jackie laughed, making me look up from the text message on my phone. "You're completely smitten."

"He's so cute." I admitted, replying quickly to the text.

"Well yeah, I know that, but you're different than normal, did something happen last night?"

"That's what I was going to tell you," I smiled at her, leaning back in my locker. "We kinda had a fight last night, I guess the first real fight in our relationship, because I had gone and talked to Hunter behind his back...and I left because he was yelling at me. There is a little playground a few blocks from his place, so I found myself there- all crying and what not, but he found me. He came after me. I was still mad; and he didn't know what to say. That's when I basically blurted out everything I was thinking, and I told him I love him."

"Oh my god, you said it first?"

"Yeah, but he didn't even let me finish talking, he just flat out kissed me because- I was talking too much."

"But he said it back, right?"

"Yeah, and then he said 'My Bella.' Cutest. Thing. Ever."

"Aw, I'm so happy for you! What about your brother and dad?"

"What about them?"

"You can't sneak around with Justin forever."

"If I have to I will."

"What about college?"

"I don't know, we have the summer, and I might even be going to a community college. I'm just waiting to get this letter. It's any day now."

"I know you got in."

"No, you don't."

She sighed, pulling her books out of her locker.

"But, how's Mike? Have you been on another date with him? Hmmm?"

"Yes, and things are going great. Besides Mark calling everyday. Asshole."

"Yeah. He cheated on you, you deserve to be happy."

"I am, now anyways."

The bell rang, and I frowned, fixing the right books and shut my locker.

"We only have two more months of this hell hole."

"I'm more excited for prom, hey! You have a boyfriend now to take."

"Justin? And prom? I don't think he'd be interested."

She walked beside me to class, both of us ignoring Mark as we passed his locker.

"Why not?"

"He's just...not the high school dance type."

"You should at least try. Think of how much fun it would be, and he would have the chance to drool at you in your gorgeous dress, while you got to see him all fancy too. You both would be the 'it' couple of the whole dance."

"You think so?" I asked her, sitting beside her at our desks in English.

"I know so. Either that or you go by yourself and all the guys want to dance with you and he can't do anything about it because he isn't there."

I just laughed at her, shaking my head as the bell rang again.

__________________
*Justin*
2 days later:

12:34 PM

"Oh Justin..." Somebody said, making me raise my eyebrows under the car, then I pushed myself out, looking at Bella who was waving a bag in her hand. "Wow, you weren't kidding."

"Hey, what's that?"

"Your lunch. We had a half day, and I figured you had to be getting hungry."

I got up then, sitting the tool in my hand off to the side and wiped my hands off with a rag.

"Thank you baby." I smiled at her, leaning over enough to kiss her cheek. "I didn't know you had a half day."

"Yeah, there's testing today, but I didn't have to take them, but yeah it was a half day. This is yours too." She held up a Gatorade, the sight alone making my mouth water.

I was very thirsty.

"That's my favorite." I told her, happily taking it into my hands and unscrewed it.

"It's mine too, so I guess it was a luck."

"Come back here, I can take my lunch break now."

"Am I allowed to?"

"It's the break room. Hunter is here, and I know Grant wants to meet you, come on."

"Is he like Manny?" She asked softly, gently taking back the lunch so she had a hand to hold onto.

"No, not at all. Promise."

She followed me back, letting me open the door to the room where Hunter already was.

"Bella!" He smiled, looking up from his sandwich. "Fancy of you to stop by."

"Oh shut up," I scowled, sitting down the bottle of Gatorade across from him.

"Be nice." Bella warned, and I shot her a look too, then patted the spot next to me.

"Did you eat yet?"

"Yeah, at school."

"Aw, she brought you lunch." Hunter cooed, and this time I glared, opening up the plastic bag and waved the sub in his face.

"You have a shitty peanut butter and jelly, I have a nice sandwich and barbecue chills, HA."

"My mom made my sandwich with love."

"You guys are ridiculous," Bella laughed, thumbing my cheek. "I think I'll both start calling you greasers."

"No, there is a difference. I am not a greaser." I told her, but then laughed, placing a kiss against her temple. "Thank you again."

"You're welcome."

"Hey Justin," Grant peeked his head in, then looked at Bella, a smile forming in his face. "This must be Isabelle Knowle, the girlfriend."

I nodded, swallowing the first bite of my sandwich.

"Yup, this is Bella, and Bella, this is my boss, Grant."

"It's nice to meet you," She smiled, standing up to shake his hand. "I hope it's ok I'm in here, I just-"

"Nah, it's cool. I don't mind at all, I just came back to say I just gave one of our customers the car you were working on last week, they loved it Justin. It was awesome, great job."

"Thanks." I smiled at him, and he nodded, then ducked out of the room again.

"I want to see one." Bella said, looking back and forth between Hunter and I.

"I'll show you."

"He fucking loves you," Hunter mumbled, nodding his head to the door. "It took me a month to learn how to fix an engine."

"My dad taught me when I was little, I just know what I'm doing."

"You're good."

"Well I can't stay very long...my Dad will be home tonight."

"Oh, ok...so you're telling me I have to sneak over?"

"Pretty much."

"I'll be over. As soon as I'm done this, I'll show you the car I'm working on."

"Ok, I'm excited."

The sub wasn't huge, and by now I only had a bite left, along with the rest of my chips, then I threw away my trash, holding the Gatorade in one hand with hers in the other.

"This is a 1966 Mustang, which will be cherry red. Some of the piping needed work, which I was doing, then the engine, a few replacement parts, then I'll paint it and she's done."

"She?"

"All cars are she's." I nodded, slipping my arm over her shoulders. "Why? Are you jealous of the car?"

"Well, she is allowed to see you."

"And yet here you are."