Tempted:24:

*Isabelle*

3:21 AM

"It could have been much worse." Diane, Hunter's mom, had said to me, bandaging up my arm as the door opened, Justin walking in with a jacket in his hands.

She mumbled something in a language I didn't know- maybe Spanish- her hand covering her mouth as she went over to Justin.

"You sit down too."

He nodded, walking over to me, staring for a moment, then bent down and kissed my forehead.

"How are you feeling?"

"Ok."

"Here," Hunter's mom handed me a fresh warm rag, motioning up to Justin. "Be gentle on his face. I have to look at this shoulder."

I nodded once, taking his chin gently, dabbing at the blood on his lip, then at his eyebrow, another cut there, a bruise forming on his jaw.

It took all I had not to cry in front of him.

"Ow." He jumped as Diane did something to his shoulder, his teeth sunken into his bottom lip.

"Stop, you're going to make it bleed again." I scolded, meeting his eyes for a moment, and he saw me swallow, holding back everything I was feeling.

"Is there anything else?"

"No," he shook his head, never breaking his gaze from mine. "That was it."

"Keep ice on your shoulder, on your whole body for that matter and here," She handed me a little bandage, which I knew was for above his eyebrow, and I placed it there gently, making sure it was attached before I planted a kiss over it.

"Your hand, let me see it." I took his left hand, two knuckles cut open, and I dabbed at that.

"Well you know the drill by now Justin, but make sure she keeps the cuts clean."

"I will Ms. Diane," He smiled at her, leaning forward and pecked her cheek. "Now Bella needs to go to the hospital."

"Justin, I'm fine."

"Bella - I - "

"He didn't, I would know. I'm really fine."

"Ok, fine...Thanks again Ms. Diane."

"You're very welcome. Stop getting yourselves in so much trouble."

"We'll try." Justin chuckled, standing up and held out his hand to me, which I took, standing up and met eyes with Hunter.

"Thank you." Justin said before I could, slapping a hand on his shoulder. "For everything."

"That's what brothers are for man."

They smiled at each other for a moment, then he squeezed my hand, giving a final wave before pulling me gently out of the house.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me, getting the door at the passenger side.

"Ok." I shrugged, looking at my shoulder for a moment before I looked back at him.

"Do you want me to take you home, or do you want to come home with me?"

"Home with you, I can't go home like this. It's just my brother anyway. I'll text him and tell him I'm not going home tonight - even if he won't get it until the morning."

"But you don't have any clothes..."

"I'll get Jackie to bring some to me or something. I don't want to go home."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah."

"We can go out one day when you're feeling better and buy you some new clothes, ok?"

"Justin, you don't have to buy me clothes. It's ok." I told him

"Bella, I don't mind buying you clothes."

"Justin," I bit down on my lip, shaking my head. "If we go, I'm paying you back."

"No you're not, it's ok. We'll go in the morning. Some days I have more money then I know what to do with."

"You should be using it on yourself, not me."

"Would you rather it be on clothes, or weed?" He asked, raising his eyebrow in the rear view mirror.

"Clothes." I answered, his hand resting on my leg, a part of me flinching.

"Then we're gonna go out and get you some clothes. My treat. It'll be fun."

"What about you? How are you?" I reached up, brushing my thumb lightly on his bottom lip.

"Sore."

"What did you do to him?" My voice was soft, sliding my hand on top of his.

"Everything he did to you, but worse."

"Did you kill him?" My voice cracked as I asked, my fingers falling in between his.

"Not sure, we left him there. I hope so."

"No," I shook my head. "I don't. You can get in trouble."

"No I won't. If I get in trouble, they find out everything. If he's dead the body will be gone by night fall. Manny doesn't leave tracks, and he certainly knows that I would have done something. I wasn't letting him go."

"But you came, they told me you weren't. They said so many things."

"Like what?"

"That you didn't love me, that it was all a lie, you just wanted me because I made you look good, I was a nice accessory."

"That's not true, at all baby."

"Is it terrible that for a minute I believed it?" The car stopped in the garage, silence as he let go of my hand and killed the engine, turning to me and took my face in his hands. "I'm sorry."

"Shhhh, don't cry sweetie. It's ok. They wanted you to believe it, but it's not true. Not a bit."

"They could have killed you. They were going to kill me."

"I wouldn't have let them kill you." He coaxed, wiping my tears off my cheeks with his thumb. "Come on, let's go inside and talk."

I nodded, letting him kiss my forehead before he we got out of the car and I looked down at my leg, the faint marks on my wrists.

"Are you ok walking?"

"I'm fine," I nodded, taking his hand as he came up next to me. "I wouldn't let you carry me anyway. Not with your arm."

"I would have, and I will if you want me to. I'm ok."

"No, it's ok. Really."

We went into the building, walking to his floor and he used his key to unlock the door, still shirtless as he let me in first.

"We can talk laying down. It's late."

"You need ice." I told him, going into the kitchen and opened up the freezer, pulling out one of the ice packs he had that you see in the older movies, but my mom had one, and they worked better.

"I'm fine."

"Don't you start with me. Take it, or it'll be stiff in the morning, you know that."

"Fine."

"Please?" I walked in front of him, holding onto the base of his neck with one hand. "Can we not have the slightest argument, especially tonight of all nights?"

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry."

I stood up on my tip toes, locking my lips with his, feeling his good arm wrap around my waist.

"You can sleep in one of my shirts. You should unwrap your leg too so it can breathe."

"Ok, I will."

"Come on." He put his arm around me, pulling me to the room and went in the closet, giving me one of his shirts. "You don't need help, right?"

"No, I don't need help." I laughed, turning my back to him and pulled the shirt of his I was already wearing, replacing it with one he tossed over to me.

Then I tried slide down my jeans, wincing and jumped a little.

"Babe, here, let me help."

"No, it hurts. I picked a bad day to wear skinny jeans, and I ran all the way here from my house in them. It's going to rub against it and make it bleed again."

"Stay." He pointed, leaving the room for a few seconds, then came back with scissors.

"You're going to cut my jeans?"

"Bella, there is already a cut in the side where the cut on your leg is. They're goners anyway."

"These are my favorite jeans, I can save them."

"Bella, then how are you going to get them off? And you're telling me your going to where these jeans with a hole in it like that? You? I doubt it."

"Maybe." I mumbled, looking down at the jeans. "No, probably not."

"Sit." He motioned to the edge of the bed, and I did, watching as he slowly cut up the side, then did the same with my other leg, pulling my jeans away and tossed them over to the door. "All better."

I finally was able to see it, staring at the bandage with a frown, looking up at the ceiling as I bit down on my lip.

"Does it hurt?"

"Yeah, all of the sudden."

"It's just from the circulation difference. I'll get you some medicine. I have to take some too."

"Will you take the bandage off? I'm scared too."

"Sure."

He pulled it back slowly, tears stinging in my eyes as it throbbed, daring myself to look.

It was what it was, a cut in my skin.

"It should scab up by morning, a shower wouldn't be bad either to help clean it, I've done this plenty, trust me."

"And yet you have one scar on your body." I laughed a little, hearing him laugh with me, bringing a slight smile to my face.

"I have a secret, I'll share it with you if you're nice."

"You know, you haven't made one sexual remark and here I am with only with your shirt in a bra and underwear."

"I didn't think tonight was very appropriate for that."

"Oh." My eyes looked down at the floor, avoiding his gaze as he let out a sigh.

"I'll go get you medicine."

"Ok."

I was suddenly self conscious, trying to wiggle in the shirt to hide my legs.

What did he think of me now? Christian had done his best to touch every part of me, on and off camera.

I felt so violated, and disgusting.

And it didn't help he said that, usually he's all over me, wanting something in some way, and then boom, he didn't think it was an appropriate time to say something?

That or he didn't want anything anymore because someone had done other things.

But I mean I hadn't had sex with anyone, ever, didn't that count for something? The only things I had ever done were with him, and today they were forced.

That made it bad.

Today I wasn't his, today I was Christian's.

Nobody wants somebody else's dirty toy.

"Here you go," He walked back in, snapping me from my thoughts and bent down, placing the pill in my hand and handed me a glass of water. "Text your brother?"

"No, I-" I cut myself off, looking over at my pants. "Crap, my phone."

"Oh, right." He got the jacket he had had early, handing me my phone, and then pulled out the necklace.

"You found it."

"Christian had them." He told me, looking at the necklace for a moment. "Want me to put it back on?"

"Yeah." I nodded, holding up my hair, smiling as it hit my skin again, his lips hitting my cheek.

"Alright, text your brother. Either he's worried sick or is letting you cool off because he knows you're mad."

"Of course I'm mad, I wasn't for a while because I thought I wasn't going to see him again, but he should have told me. You both should have told me."

"I wasn't going to do that," He shook his head,pulling me into his arms, repeatedly kissing the side of my head. "I knew that you would have been mad, I didn't want to break up your family. Your dad already hated me."

"Can I ask you something?" I took his hand, relaxing into his lap, feeling him nod into my cheek. "Did you start to date me to get back at Josh? Did it have anything to do with that?"

"No," He shook his head quickly, tightening his arms arond me. "Not at all. I didn't even know until I found out your last name, and by then I wanted to know you more that it didn't even matter. I was kind of hooked the moment I saw you in that parking lot."

"Ok, I was just wondering."

"We have to get some sleep, it's really late." He murmured in my ear, pecking my temple and cheek again.

"The ice." I leaned over on the counter where I had sat it, letting him lay down before I rested it on his shoulder, finally looking down his body at the bruises.

"Come here." He smiled, turning out the light beside him and patted his chest.

"It'll hurt."

"It's not bad, come here, please."

I laid my head on his chest slowly, nuzzling my face into his neck.

The smoke, the cologne...his arms.

I don't know what did it, maybe it was the fact that I had been thinking, or I was now in his arms, but all of my tears hit like a wave, so much that I couldn't even talk.

"I'm sorry." He held me tighter, kissing my forehead a few times, running his hand on my back. "I really am Bella."

"You can't even look at me without seeing Christian, you saw it, they showed you that video."

"Yes, I saw it, but don't say I can't look at you. That's not true."

"Just five minutes ago you couldn't look at me and said you didn't think it was an appropriate time, because today he did what he could to make it so you hated it and didn't want anything to with me. You'll never touch me again, it was hard to even kiss me, and it's his fault."

"No baby, it was not hard kissing you. Not at all, and who's in my arms right now? You. That was the hardest week of my life. I wanted you to be safe, I needed you safe and away from me. I knew Manny was going to do something, but he took you. I wasn't protecting you at all. You flinched when I touch you, you don't notice it, but you did. For that I'm sorry. It shouldn't have happened. I'm going to do everything I can to make it up to you and keep you safe. I love you, I really do."

"I love you too. Don't leave me again, please."

"Never," His arms wrapped around me tighter, holding me against his chest. "And it's ok to cry, I just hate seeing you crying. It kills me."

"They hurt you too, because of me. Because I told you to get out of that place and that you were better than that. They wanted you, not me. What if I wouldn't have been there? You wouldn't be here. They would have killed you."

"You can't think like that though. I am here, we both are. Together like we're supposed to be."

I looked up, our eyes locking as I ran my finger tips on his cheek, then pressed my lips on his, slipping my arms around his neck as his pressed into my back.

"We're going to be ok, I promise." He smiled at me, tucking my hair back behind me ear. "You try to get some sleep, alright?"

"Mhm."

I squeezed my eyes shut, his hand pulling my leg around him slowly, which I assumed would help from it bumping into him, and fell asleep in his arms.

____________________

*Justin*

4:18 AM

My eyes flew open from where I laid, breathing heavily, then down at Bella sound asleep on my chest.

I ran my hand over my face, careful of the bruises, slowly sliding out from under her and left the room, going into the kitchen and found a cigarette, opening up the door that led outside and lit it, overlooking the empty road only lit by street lights.

Screw quitting.

It was my fault, not hers.

I should have never let her get involved, the day met her I should never come back.

Now that I was awake I could barely move the arm they had pushed on so many times.

I didn't know how to deal with this, there had never been a girl for me to worry about, and I always kept my family out of it, or they kept me out of it, however you wanted to look at it.

How many times would that really happen?

She thinks that was it, she knows Manny got away, but this isn't just our business, he's going to come back, and it's going to be worse.

So what do I do? What do we do?

She can't get hurt again, not like that.

I don't deserve her, I'm in a totally different world, but now she's a part of it, she's in it.

Once you're in, you don't get out.

I was stupid to think I could escape.

How our we supposed to go on with our lives in this?

I should have let go of her before it was too late, but it is.

__________________

9:47 AM

I waited for Bella outside on the couch, now wearing a sling that Jackie had brought over along with Bella's clothes.

"You ok?" Mike asked sitting down beside me.

"Not really." I mumbled, fixing the ice on my arm. "I'm never going to see her again."

"What are you talking about?"

"As soon as her brother sees her, he's going to know, he's going to tell her Dad, and that's that," I stood up, running my good hand through my hair. "It's over! This is so fucked up and she deserves so much better than this! Everything is all my fault and I can't do anything about it!" I was shouting, totally ignoring the sling and let my arm swing back, putting a hole in the wall.

"Justin!" Bella came out from the hall, damp hair and wearing a shirt that covered the underwear she was wearing, grabbing my chin. "Stop it."

"Don't tell me what to do." I spat, walking away and went into the kitchen, digging through my drawer - then I remembered.

I smoked the last one at the beginning of the week.

"Fuck!" I tugged at the ends, slamming the drawer shut, digging through the rest of them.

"Justin, stop." Bella said, putting her hand on my arm, causing me to turn back and look at her.

"Bella, don't touch me right now. Go get dressed."

"Justin-"

"Izzy, come on." Jackie said, and I heard footsteps behind me, exiting the room.

"Man, I get that you're upset, but you can't blow up like that. Not after yesterday."

"Do you have a cigarette?" I asked him, getting a lighter from one of the drawers.

"I thought you were quitting?"

"I honestly don't care right now. Do you have one or not?"

"Here." He gave one to me, and I lit it before I even got to the window, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks."

"Yup."

I stood there for a few minutes, glaring at the people below - but I was mad at myself.

"You can't do that to her," Jackie said, coming out from the room. "Not now Justin."

"I'll go talk to her," I sighed, putting out what I had left, I went into my room, knocking on the bathroom door and saw her look up from the mirror. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that."

"Yeah." Was all she did, patting something over her face.

"Bella, I'm sorry." I touched her arm, moving the padding of my thumb in a circle, pressing myself up against her and kissed the side of her head. "I just have a lot on my mind."

"You don't think I do?"

"No, I know you do...we both do, I'm just not used to having someone else to - I don't know, I'm used to being alone."

"But you aren't anymore."

"I know, and I'm so lucky for that." I whispered, slowly slipping my bad arm around her too. "You know I love you. I'm just grumpy."

"Yes, you are."

"I really have to take you home."

"I don't want to go."

"I don't want you to go either, but your brother-"

"I know."

"After I drop you off, I can sneak in your room and wait for you in there?"

"Ok." She nodded, leaning back into my chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything."

"It wasn't your fault."

I didn't want to argue, so I didn't say anything after that. I kissed her head again, letting my hand fall off her arm.

"Wait a minute," She turned, giving me one of those looks that told me I was in trouble. "Were you smoking?"

"Bella, it-"

"I thought you were quitting."

"It's not the easiest thing to do...I thought it would be cold turkey, but it's not."

"M-hm."

"Baby, please," I pulled her back into me, gently resting my head in her neck. "It's better than both of us not being here anymore, ok?"

"Ok." She sighed in defeat, her eyes locked down on the ground.

"Come on, give me a kiss. Puh-lease?"

That got her to laugh, and even with my cut lip, ours fit perfectly together, sending my heart racing.

I couldn't kiss her like I wanted to without feeling like I would hurt her, so I didn't.

"Finish up getting ready, then I'll take you home."

"Ok." She smiled weakly, looking at me for another moment before I left, running my hand through my hair again.

"All better?" Jackie asked, raising her eyebrows at me.

"All better." I nodded, then she threw her arms around me, getting a groan in response.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I forgot- you just - saved my bestfriend, all of you, I already have Hunter and Mike their hugs."

"It's ok," I hissed, but not at her, just trying to catch my breath. "Be a little gentler. I'm a little broken at the moment."

"I'm sorry."

"Here," I hugged her this time, all pain set aside. "And your welcome. Thanks for bringing her clothes."

"No problem, where's the sling?"

"Oh, it fell off in the kitchen while I was on my little treasure hunt." I mumbled, walking and picked it up off the ground, fixing back on my shoulder with my arm tucked inside.

Bella came out then, her bag over one shoulder, rocking on the heels of her feet when she entered the room.

"Ready to go?" I asked her, closing the distance between us.

"Y-Yeah." She nodded slowly, her eyes quick to look around us before I took her hand, moving the padding of my thumb against it.

"We're going to be fine."

"I know, my brother is going to be so mad."

"Baby, with your little artistic abilities, you can't even tell."

"What? That I have bruises on my face?"

"You're gorgeous." I said matter-of-factly, kissing her forehead. "Let's get you home."

"Thank you Jackie."

"No problem."

I locked the door before we left, holding Bella's little frame to my side.

What were we going to tell Josh?

____________________________

*Bella*
11:34 AM

"Where have you been?!" Josh shouted at me, the sound of Justin's car pulling away in my ears.

"I texted you."

"At three AM!"

"I wouldn't have left if you would have been honest with me!" I shouted, walking to my room and shut the door behind me, sitting down on my bed and took off my shoes.

""Izzy, you are not walking away from the conversation! Not today! You're lucky Dad isn't home!" The door flew open, and he stopped when he saw me on my bed, tears pooled at the edges of my eyes. "Isabelle, what happened?"

"Like you even care!" I cried out, laying myself down, feeling the weight shift beside me.

'Of course I care, I'm your brother, your'e my little sister. What happened to you?"

He touched my shoulder, and I jumped, letting out a loud 'Ow.'

"Izzy?!" He took my arm, pulling up the sleeve, then gasped. "Who did this to you? Did he do this?! Was it Justin?!"

"No! Not every single bad thing that happens to me is because of him!"

"Then where were you?! What the hell happened?!"

I hugged my brother then, resting my face in the nape of his neck, completely balling again.

I was going to die, he wouldn't have seen me again, I wouldn't have seen him again.

"I'm sorry I called you a dick, I didn't mean it."

'Bell Bell, tell me what's wrong."

"I went to Justin's last night to ask him if what you said was true. Remember when I told you he was trying to straighten himself out? He has been, you know that he worked for some bad people, but not anymore. They were hiding outside of his apartment, but he wasn't home. They took me instead, and I was somewhere downtown for a while. Justin called me to talk I guess, but I didn't have my phone, they did. They did this, not Justin. He came after me. They told him if he came they'd let me go and they didn't. They were going to kill us. I wasn't ever going to see you again."

'Then how did you get out if Justin was there stuck with you?"

"He had loyal friends on the inside. Mike and Hunter came, and then John and Rick were already there. They got us out. You can't tell Dad. Justin already messed up the guys - everyone is dead I think except Manny - at least who was there. You can't tell Dad, I'm ok now. If you tell him he'll take away Justin, he can't do that to me. Justin is the only reason I'm here right now. I love him, Josh you have to understand that. He makes me happy, he makes me laugh, he's not a bad guy - if you only saw him how I did you'd understand. He was trying to protect me and be better - so maybe Dad would like him moer. He's lost his family - he deserves them back. If you tell Dad he'll lose everything - I'll lose him."

"I won't tell Dad. As long as you let me talk to Justin. I promise you I won't do anything to him. I want him to tell me what happened too. i need to thank him."

"He's here." I sniffed, straightening myself up. "Just promise me you won't tell Dad. I'll figure something out, but promise me."

"I promise. Go get Justin."

I nodded, standing up and went over to the balcony, seeing Justin sitting on the stairs.

"Hey, I saw your brother. I didn't want to interrupt."

"He wants to talk to you."

"You mean kill me?"

"No, I told him what happened. Please, come on." I reached down, taking his good hand and pulled him into my room.

He sighed, keeping his eyes down on the ground, clearly uncomfortable.

"We can go into the living room." Josh said, nodding his head out of my room.

"Will you stay for lunch?" I said in Justin's ear, pecking the skin by it afterwards.

"If I'm welcome."

"You are." I assured him, squeezing his hand. "I'll go make it while you guys talk. That's all that's going on."

"Ok."

I let go of his hand as they went in the living room, going into the kitchen and opened up a loaf of bread.

Oh my god I'm making sandwiches.

I laughed out loud, shaking my head and opened up the pantry.
___________________________

*Justin*
11:46 PM

"I know she didn't give me details. What happened? I want to know. Everything." Josh said, sitting down beside me on the couch.

"Well did she tell you how she got there?"

"Yeah."

"And about Christian?"

"Who's that?"

"The guy that hurt her." I said through a clenched jaw, keeping my eyes forward. "I saw a video of him touching her. You really don't want to know details. We were apart for a while in separate rooms, then Manny put us together for a little - he planned on killing us, which I don't know if she told you or not. My friends knew where we were and showed up a few minutes after I had been moved into the room Bella was in...that's pretty much it. I took care of it though, Christian I mean."

"Did you kill him?" He whispered, causing my head to turn and look at him.

"No...his body was gone this morning, which makes me think he got out. I'm just not positive. Manny could have come back and taken care of him and no one else. He loed Christian."

"What did you do?"

"Everything he did to Bella, but I left him hanging there."

"Good, and if he's not dead, let me know. I'll gladly help you kill him."

"I'll tell you."

"Thank you," He told me, looking up at me. "For everything you've done for my sister, even if I was against it at first, I'm not now - and I'm sorry for what I did to you."

"Thanks..."

"I'm not going to tell my dad either. We'll figure out something, or you can just take her out a lot until she heals up, something so he won't notice. There isn't really anybody to arrest because from what I heard they're all dead...did you clean it up?"

"No, Mike and Hunter did this morning though with John and Rick. Manny will be back to take care of the rest. He's not going to let anything be around that would get his paws dirty. That's not how he is."

"Ok...because you can't leave Izzy again. You should have seen her."

"I thought I was doing the right thing. I would have come back."

He nodded, then I felt a pair of arms slide around my neck from behind, lips against the side of my head.

"Lunch is ready."

"Cool, what'd you make?" Josh asked, standing himself up.

"Ham for you, Turkey for Justin, and a PB&J for me. Then I pulled the chips down from the pantry."

"Mmm, my girl made a sandwich." I said, kissing the side of her head while we walked in the kitchen.

"Yeah, don't get used to it."

"Thank you very much." I smiled at her, sitting down at the table.

"Orange soda," She sat that in front of Josh, "Dr. Pepper," For me," And then one for herself.

"Are you ok?" I said teasingly, feeling her head.

"Do I look ok?" She said back, but then was quiet. "Don't answer that."

An awkward silence fell over us then, the only sound was me popping the lid to my soda, then Bella opening up the bag of chips on the table.

I just stared at her, afraid to touch her, but I slowly brought my hand down, touching her leg and kissed her cheek.

"Eat." I told her, patting her leg at took a sip of my soda, looking across the table at Josh, who was watching her.

"I think I'll just eat later. I'm not really hungry anymore."

"You didn't eat breakfast either. Bella, you need to eat, or you're not going to feel good later."

"I don't feel good now." She murmured, pushing herself ot of her chair. "Excuse me."

"Bella-" I started, watching her walk down the hallway, then looked at Josh. "Did I say something?"

"No, nothing that I heard."

"I'm g/oing to go talk to her." I sighed, pushing myself up and walked to Bella's room, knocking on the door. "Bella?"

"Hmm?"

"Did I say something?" I repeated the question, taking a seat beside her on her bed.

"No, you didn't."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah."

"Then what's wrong?"

"I don't feel good, but go eat. Really, I'll be ok."

"Are you sure I don't need to take you to the hospital?"

"Why? Would that make a difference for you? Is my virginity really that important to you?! Becuase it didn't seem important with all those other girls!"

I tightened my jaw, standing up again and left the room.

I didn't want to deal with that right now - that was bullshit anyway.

"She ok?" Josh asked looking up at me.

"Yeah, she's just not hungry." I told him, motioning to the pantry. "Do you have plastic bags in here?"

"Yeah." He nodded, and I opened it up, looking around until I found the box and pulled out one, bagging up her sandwich and put it in the fridge, sitting back down and ate my sandwich, staying quiet the rest of the time, throwing my stuff away and helped Josh straighten up.

"I should probably get going." I said, rubbing the back of my neck with my hands.

"Really? Already?"

"She needs rest."

"I'd tell her first so she doesn't get all pissed off at you."

"Good idea." I mumbled, stalking off to her room, looking in to see she wasn't on her bed, but the light to the bathroom was on, her standing in front of the sink, trying to clean her cut.

"I told you I'd help you with that." She jumped, letting out a squeal, a pit forming in my stomach. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

"Here, you have to take off your shirt though."

"Are you just saying that?"

"No." I shook my head, shutting the door and gently took the rag and stuff from her, watching her sit down on the edge of the tub, slowly taking off her shirt and set it off to the side. "I'll bring over the scar stuff. It's not good to put on unless it's scabbed up anyway - kind of pointless."

"Ok."

"Are you mad at me?"

"No, why?"

"You're just, not yourself..."

"Do you really expect me to be?"

"I don't know, I guess not."

"It's not on purpose, I just...feel weird...are you mad at me?"

"A little." I admitted, patting at her shoulder.

"I didn't mean what I said. I know you're just looking out for me."

"Of course I am. That's my job."

"Will you stay with me tonight? I don't want to be by myself."

"Sure, if you really want me to. Would Josh be mad?"

"I don't know. I can just tell him you're sleeping on the couch. My dad won't be home...Jenna stays all the time. Whether he knows if I know it or not, I know she's over."

"Maybe he knows I'm over too."

"Maybe."

"Remember when I told you everything would get better?" I asked, tugging her closer with my hands underneath her knees.

"Yes?"

"I meant that, ok? We're not really all that normal of a couple, but I'm trying. I know that it's never going to go away, but it won't be like this forever. You're going to go to New York, and I'm going to visit you every chance I get. We're going to go to Broadway shows, you're going to drag me around the city and make me carry all of your bags, and I will happily do it without complaining."

"Oh stop it." She laughed, her hands on the base of my neck. "I'm not going to make you carry my bags."

"Who said anything about making me?"

"Willingly hmm?"

"I do many things willingly."

"I know." She laughed, leaning herself down and kissed me, doing that thing with her fingers in my hair - that thing that drove me mentally insane.

I pulled back though, catching my breath and gently nestled my nose into her cheek.

"I have to go take care of some things, but I'll be back. I'll get that scar stuff for you, and my clothes, and then tomorrow if you're feeling up to it we'll go to the mall."

"I look awful."

"No you don't." I shook my head, tucking back her hair. "And you won't feel so sore."

"And when I'm feeling better too we can use that pool outside."

"Yes we can. I'll be back." I kissed her cheek, handing her her shirt. "While I'm gone you should take some time to air out that leg."

"While you're gone? Why while you're gone?"

"Because in order to do so you're not wearing pants."

"You never had a problem with that before."

"Baby, it doesn't matter to me. Do what you want. If you really want to you can do it when I get back, it doesn't matter."

"Ok."

"Bye, I'll call you when I'm coming back, it won't be long."

"I'll be here."

"I love you." I pecked her lips, then her nose, chuckling as she smiled.

"I love you too. Bye."

"Bye." We both stood up, her putting on her shirt, then I opened the door, kissing her again before I left.

________________________

*Bella*

7:14 PM

"You ok?" Josh asked, peeking his head into my room, causing me to look up from my book.

"Yeah, I'm ok."

"Do you want me to order pizza?"

"Sure," I nodded, covering myself up a little more with my blanket. "But Justin's coming back over. You might want to get two. I'll chip in."

"Nah, it's ok. Dad left money. Always does."

"Ok."

"Hey Bell?"

"Yeah?"

"Is, um, Justin spending the night?"

"Why?"

"I didn't know if you - I don't know. I wouldn't think you would want to be alone."

"Yeah, he's coming - and was going to stay."

"Um, not that this is my business, but are you and Justin, um-"

"Don't even,' I held up my hand, shaking my head. "Just order the pizzas, ok?"

"Ok. Cheese?"

"Yes please."

"Alright."

My phone started buzzing as soon as he left, so I just bent the page on my book, sitting it on the table and answered.

"Hey, you on your way?"

"Yeah, I'm almost there. Should I come in the front door, or your porch?"

"Porch I guess, I'm right in my room anyway, I'll get it. Josh ordered pizza."

"Yum, cheese?"

"Yeah," I laughed, runing my hand through my hair as I nodded my head. "Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure, whatever you want buttercup."

"It's been a while since you've called me that."

"You are my buttercup. I'm here. I'll be up."

"Ok." I hung up, pushing myself out of bed with a wince, then walked over to the door, opening it as and saw him walking up the stairs a few minutes later.

"How're you feeling?"

"Ok." I shrugged, slipping my arms around his neck. "You?"

"Ok."

"I'm excited for pizza."

"I'm excited for Bella." He winked, making me laugh as he squeezed my sides. "You didn't tell your brother I was staying, did you?"

"Yeah...he's ok with it."

"Surprising."

"How's your arm?" I asked him, touching his shoulder, cringing at the sling that wasn't being worn, but was in his hand instead.

"It's sore."

"I'm sorry."

"It's ok. It'll heal up."

"Come on, we can go pick out a movie." I took his hand, leading him back inside, hearing the door click behind him.

"You can pick it."

"Hey Josh?" I asked, looking at him on the couch. "Can we watch a movie?"

"Sure, here." He handed me the remote, standing up. "I'll get the pizza when it's here."

"Thanks..." I said slowly, surprised he had gotten up so willingly.

"Welcome."

"Did you air out your leg?"

"Yeah, a little."

"Good." He sat down with me beside him, slipping off his shoes. "What do you want to watch?"

"Nothing scary or where they beat anybody up, and you don't like chic-flics."

"If you want to watch a girly movie, we can. That's ok. Whatever you want."

"Really?"

"Sure."

"Yay, " I smiled, flipping through the movies on the and chose Safe Haven. "I love this movie."

"What's it about?"

"It's complicated to explain, you'll see. I can't really tell you much without ruining it."

"While the previews are running, will you help me get Jazzy's birthday present tomorrow? If we go out that is, her party is on Saturday."

"Oh, sure."

"You're coming, right?"

"If I'm somewhat healed up by then, yeah, but I'll definitely help you with a present."

"Cool, thank you."

"You're welcome." I smiled at him, kissing his lips, snuggling as close as I could without hurting him.

"Can I take you out for dinner one night this week?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, some place nice. It'll be a surprise."

"I'd love that."

"How about Friday?"

"Yeah, sure." I nodded quickly, tracing his bottom lip with my thumb.

"Alright, cool. I'll figure it out."

"Justin, you're not...everything was cleaned up, right?"

"Yeah, you don't have anything to worry about."

"What about Christian?"

"Don't worry."

"Manny isn't dead."

"Bella, I know I made a mistake. I shouldn't have ever left you, and I'm so sorry. I thought it was the right thing, I thought it was safer, and I was so wrong. I couldn't bear losing you, living knowing that it was my fault. I'm never going to stop trying to make it up to you."

"Justin-"

"I'm serious."

"It isn't your fault."

"Well it's certainly not yours."

"I feel so bad."

"Why?" He asked, reaching over and paused the tv, but I bit down on my lip, fumbling with my fingers. "Talk to me..."

"I feel so...gross, disgusting...a part of you thinks he raped me."

"If you feel ok, that's a good thing. I was just worried. You're probably right. It was me reacting, and maybe it was overreacting, so I'm sorry about that, but you're not disgusting."

"How? How would it even be possible for you to love me in that way when he did that?"

"Because I do love you, in every way. What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know."

"It's kind of like starting over."

"Why starting over?"

"Because touching you like that would just remind you, right?"

"Not necessarily. I don't think. Like you said with Troy, you love me, he doesn't."

"It's not different?"

"No." I shook my head, playing with his hand.

"Hmmm."

"Not where my brother can walk out though any minute."

"Very true."

"Were you scared? When you first started?"

"I still am." He nodded, looking down at me.

"How'd you learn how to fight and stuff?"

"I learned, Hunter taught me."

"Good enough to teach someone else?"

"Are you sure about that?"

"It'll be good for New York." I shrugged, lifting up my head to look at him. "Please?"

"Maybe Hunter could teach you."

"But I want you to."

"You'd have to hit me, well try to."

"I think it would be fun."

"Until I accidentally hurt you."

"Please?" I begged, planting a kiss on his neck.

"I'll think about it."

"Ok."

Then there was a knock on the door, causing both of our heads to turn.

"Pizza's here." Josh chimed, passing through the hall.

"I'll go help him." Justin said, kissing my head before he stood up and left.

Whoa.

______________________

*Justin*

10:09 PM

"Can I see it?" Bella asked, lightly touching my shoulder.

"It just looks like a bruise." I shrugged, turning on the edge of her bed, feeling her hand lightly touch it, then run her hand through my hair.

"I don't think I ever thanked you."

"For what?"

"Coming after me, finding me."

"I told you I'd always come. I knew something was wrong the moment I went up to my apartment. It should have never happened."

"But it did, and if it wouldn't have you wouldn't be with me right now." She whispered, sliding her arms around my torso and kissed my cheek.

"Maybe."

"What did my brother say?"

"He asked me to tell him what happened, I told him, then he said thank you, and apologized."

"Apologized for what?" I just looked at her, simply raising my eyebrows, and then she nodded, kissing my cheek again. "I'm glad he said that."

"Yeah." i nodded once, holding onto her hands.

"Maybe now you'll get along with my whole family." She giggled, talking against my cheek, never moving her lips.

"I hope so. I'm just excited for the beach. To get away from this shit hole - to get away from him."

"I know." She whispered, and I turned my head, leaning down and pressed my lips on hers, holding onto the base of her neck.

"Nothing like that is ever going to happen again."

"We don't know that."

"i won't let it. You'll be in New York soon, away from here too. We won't have to worry about it anymore."

"You will - maybe."

"Hopefully not. Hopefully then I'll be talking to my mom. I plan on it soon. Now I want to wait for this to blow over, to make sure no more moves are being made."

"What about Manny?" She squeaked, letting go of me and scooted back. "He's not going to let it blow over."

"He's being taken care of." I crawled over to her, holding onto her cheek. "You don't have to worry about that. I won't let him hurt you."

"Justin, you- never mind."

"No, what is it?" I moved my thumb along her cheek, hovering over her with my other hand resrted in the mattress.

"No, it'll upset you. Just forget it."

"No. If you don't tell me I'll just be upset anyway."

She let out a breath, closing her eyes, enveloping my hand with hers.

"I was going to say you said that last time...that you wouldn't let him hurt me, that you'd take care of it."

"I'm sorry." I said, my voice trembling. "But I am. It's all over. I'll personally kill him. He's not going to touch you again."

"No. You can't kill him. No - if you do that - you're not leaving me again. You could go to jail. That's not happening."

"He has to go."

"Not if it means you leaving me too. No Justin. We can figure something else out."

"Who says I'd get caught?"

"Stop it. Just stop Justin!"

I sat there apalled, watching her lift up my other arm and get up, going to the bathroom and shut the door behind her.

"Bella," i got up, walking over to the dor=or. "I'm sorry, come out."

"I don't want to."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I don't want to fight with you, please. We shouldn't be fighting."

It took her a few more seconds to open the door, sniffing as she wiped her eyes, then hugged me, making me bite down hard on my lip, then the pain passed, moving my hands along her back.

"You're right, no fighting."

"We should really get some sleep."

"Already?"

"We went to sleep at three yesterday." I took her hand, pulling her back to her bed, letting go while she crawled back to where she had been before.

"So? I'm not really tired."

"Ok." I didn't argue, I just laid beside her, wrapping my arm around her waist.

She turned her head, looking at me, and then twist herself around, holding onto my neck and kissed me, pressing her body close, lifting her leg and put it around me.

I moved my hand along her side, smiling as she giggled.

I hadn't heard her laugh in what felt like forever.

"You're laughing." I mumbled against her lips, pecking her lips again from a smile.

"Because that tickled, and you have a little stache going on."

"You don't like it?" I teased, kissing the tip of her nose.

"It tickles."

"I'll shave tomorrow when I go home. I haven't been in the mood to do it."

"That's ok, you're still handsome - just ticklish - or however you word that."

"I think you're the ticklish one."

"Shut up." She laughed, pecking my neck, running her hands down my chest.

"There you go again, touching my muscles."

"I like your muscles."

"I can see that."

"Mine." She laughed again, holding onto my arm, now planting kisses all along my neck.

I held her there, sliding my hands down to her butt.

"Bella, maybe we - it's just - it's not too soon?"

"Too soon for what?"

"This...because you know how I get."

"It's fine." She said against my lips, somewhat shaking her head, and pressed herself closer.

I stayed quiet, kissing her, pushing her over on her back and hovered again.

"Are you sure?" I asked, quickly pulling back. "I feel like anything I do is going to make you uncomfortable."

"I'm positive."

"Just say something if - well you know."

"Ok."

___________________

Author's Note:

I'm currently listening to Right There by my girl Ariana Grande as I type in the car on my way to Hershey Park :)

Woohoo:)

Comment comment comment.