Tempted:58:

*Justin*

2:12 PM

"You alright?" I asked Bella, looking over as she shifted in her seat.

"Yeah, my burn is just acting up."

"Do you need your medicine?"

"No, no it's ok. We're almost home - and my medicine would require taking the bandage off and - no it's ok."

"Are you sure?" I reached over, scooping up her hand in mine and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Yeah, I'll be ok. We have like ten minutes."

"You excited?"

"Yeah," She nodded quickly, smiling over at me. "I really am."

"Well good. I'm glad you're coming home."

"Are you still coming over for Christmas Eve?"

"Do you want me to?" I raised an eyebrow, looking up at her in the rearview mirror.

"Of course I do. It's Christmas."

"I know, I know - I just...I don't know."

"I want you there. I really do."

"Ok...well if you're dad let's me stay tonight...I'll have to leave in the morning to get your presents, and I should stop by and see my family for a little while, but I'll still come over at three, and I'll call when I get there and when I'm on my way."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I told you I was going to do anything to earn your trust back. I mean that."

"I know you do."

We pulled into her neighborhood, and eventually pulled up to her house.

It felt like it had been months since I had been here.

"Wait for me, I'll help."

"Justin..."

I had already gotten out of the car and went over to the side where she already had the door open.

"Bella, be careful. You literally just got out of the hospital." I helped her down gently, holding tightly to her hand.

"I know...is it weird that I'm actually excited to see my brother and Dad?"

"No." I shook my head, tucking a strand of her hair back. "Not at all."

The door opened to her house, but it wasn't Josh or Sean that came out, and Bella's eyes widened, a smile curling along her lips.

"Mom?!"

"Oh my god, sweetheart."

They ran to each other, and by the time Sean and Josh came out of the house, the girls were both crying.

I didn't blame them at all.

This was all my fault. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh ran down here and smashed my face in. I wouldn't fight him off either.

I found myself walking forward, just a little because I was hesitant, especially when Josh moved forward.

That's when Bella pulled away from her Mom, watching as Josh got closer - and the weirdest thing happened.

Josh hugged me.

"Thank you for saving my sister."

"Of course." I swallowed, hugging him back for a minute before we pulled back, and Bella smiled softly, quickly wiping her eyes.