Tempted:01:

Just to let you guys know this story will be VERY different from HOH. I'll have a few races parts, so you are warned now. That's why this book is rated R, thanks :) and enjoy

_____________________________________________________________

*Isabelle's POV*

"God Izzy, why are you so uptight?" Jackie asked me, shutting her locker and leaned back against it, waiting for me to pull my books out of my locker.

"I am not uptight Jaqueline." I scowled, reaching back and pulled my dark brown hair over my shoulder.

"Oh for crying out loud, ever since your dad has been running for office you don't leave your house!"

"Look, you're a party girl. I'm not. If I get caught, it puts my dad in jeopardy, that doesn't mean I'm uptight." I sighed, running my hands through my hair again. "I just can't."

"No, it's because you're scared of Troy."

"What is there to be scared of?"

"Because he's all over you all the time. Why don't you just come to a party with him? Then if it doesn't work out at least you gave it a try."

"Because I'm not interested in him. He's full of himself. He thinks I'm just going to follow him around so I can make him look good. No. That's not happening. I'm not giving him what he wants."

"Why not even try?"

"Look at it like this," I sighed, running a hand through my curled hair and leaned back on my locker. "I want something that's going to last, where it's going to matter, I'll matter. I don't want to be the it couple at school, I want to be happy. Troy isn't that guy. If that was the case I would have felt that."

"What? Butterflies?"

"Yeah, that's what I mean. People think that those fairy tales aren't real, and maybe it didn't happen for my parents; but I know it exists. He's out there somewhere. But it's not Troy."

"Wow." She stood stunned, her mouth left in an O shape.

"What?"

"You're such a hopeless romantic. Come to a party!"

"Maybe," I said slowly, fixing my bag on my shoulder. "I just like being a home body and watching NCIS reruns, is that such a bad thing?"

"You need to get out more, before you can't."

"Jackie, please..." I sighed, pulling my keys out of the side pouch. "You don't even miss me. You go, drink a little bit, have fun with Mark if you know what I mean, then go home and repeat the same thing next week."

"You should be having fun too."

"Fine, if you want, we can go shopping or something, kay?"

"Ok, there we go. I'll see you tomorrow Izzy."

"Yeah, tomorrow."

I left the school, dying to go home and get the heels I was wearing off my feet, finish up the little homework I had left, and call it a day.

Humming as I walked through the parking lot, I looked around, different shades and BMW's, Cadillac's, you name it. It was here.

We all parked in the same spot, I'm not sure why, but that's how it's always worked.

"Hey buttercup."

I jumped, turning around and backed into my car, the familiar face of the boy from Friday standing right in front of me.