Tempted:16:

*Justin*

I unlocked the door, wiping my eyes while I stepped inside and locked it again behind me, looking over at the couch - Bella wasn't there anymore, but the door to my room was now cracked, my feet walking quickly and pushed it open, only to find her sound asleep - what I told her to do.

I went to the bathroom, shedding my jacket before hand and turned on the faucet, running the water over my face, besides my lip I was fine, well mostly.

I was just worried about Friday - her father didn't need to see me covered in bruises.

Shedding my shirt, I looked at the damage, but it wasn't bad - at least not to me. I think I had hit him more than he had actually gotten me this time.

"Oh my god, what happened to you?!" Bella appeared in the mirror, making me jump, my breathing quick to heavy from the reaction I had had - grasping the sink so hard my knuckles were white.

"Don't ever do that again."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I waved my hand, opening up the medicine and got an advil - then her hands pressed into my back, her forehead on my shoulder.

"Why'd you go?" She asked me, while I just stared at myself in the mirror, faint bruises that could be covered up by a t-shirt, puffy eyes from crying on the way home, and my busted lip. "You are so much better than all of that..."

"Bella, you really don't understand."

She didn't say anything after that though, she just gave me a gentle push, and I sat down, letting her clean me up like last time in silence.

"Are you going to tell me?" She asked, lifting the rag from my face.

"You honestly don't want to know."

"Yes, I do."

"No," I violently shook my head, meeting her gaze for the first time. "Trust me."

I swallowed, afraid to look at her, because I knew I'd probably breakdown in front of her. I couldn't do that.

"Look at me." She frowned, grabbing my chin, forcing our eyes to meet, and for a moment I saw my mom- the woman I hadn't spoken to since my birthday, the one who used to tuck me in a night.

When I had a home, a family.

I lost it just like I thought I would, standing myself up and pushed away, taking off my shoes and threw them in my closet, tossing my jeans in my hamper so I was down to my boxers.

How could a perfect night possibly turn so shitty?

I crawled into bed, quickly wiping my eyes again, but I felt the weight shift beside me, Bella's arm sliding around me, the softness of her lips pressing against the side of my head.

"Please," She whispered, finding my hand under the sheets. "Whatever you do, don't shut me out now..."

Don't shut her out? Now? Was I even doing that?

I just didn't- that was the old me.

The old me died a long time ago, at the age of fifteen, on that god awful night...

On that night I died.

I found myself turning around, hugging her as tightly as I could, pressing my lips on her cheek, then rested my head on her chest, crying in front of her - my girlfriend.

I hadn't cried in front of anyone in three years.

"I love you." She whispered, combing out my hair with her fingers.