Tempted:55:

*Justin*

3:54 PM

She'd have to listen to me now. She'd have to. I wouldn't let her go. Not without an explanation.

I turned the corner, seeing a cloud of smoke rising up in the air and felt my stomach twist.

There was still a little ways to the school...she'd be getting out in a few minutes.

And if she was already out I'd catch her out on the sidewalk walking home.

It took four more turns until the school was supposed to be in view - but all I saw was firetrucks - police cars - ambulances...

Oh my god..

I parked my car as fast as I could, turning off my engine, jogging over to the crowd and pushed through the crowd, watching as person after person got lifted into an ambulance.

I thought I was going to be sick.

I pulled out my phone, calling Bella with shaking hands, another wave of nausea hitting me when her phone went straight to voicemail.

"Hey!" I called out, running past the police and over to a paramedic. "Have you seen a brunette? She's only about five feet tall -"

"We've heard a lot of people come out of there kid. I couldn't even tell you."

"She's not answering her phone - she had finals today. She was in there- Is everyone out?"

"Everyone we could get is out. The building is going down- firefighters have done everything they can."

"Can't you see if anybody has seen her? She's-She's my girlfriend. Please."

He nodded, lifting up the walkie-talkie on his shoulder.

"Hey, does anyone have a female, about 5-feet tall, brown hair?" He looked back at me and I waited, hoping someone had her...anyone.

'Nope. No brunette.'

'Yeah sorry, no brunette here either - well I do, but she's definitely not five feet.'

There were more 'No's.' after that, ones that made my palms sweat and my heart race.

'I'm sorry."

"No, then she's in there. They have to go back in-" I started but he cut me off.

"They cleared it. The building is going to collapse any minute. I'm sorry - I'm sure she got out."

At this point I knew he wasn't going to help...so I walked away, jogging over to a firefighter.

"You have to go back in. My girlfriend is still in there-"

"We've already been in there. They cleared the building-"

"No you didn't! She's in there!"

"I'm sorry sir...I'm sure the paramedics-"

"No! I just checked with them and they don't have her either - she's in there!"

"Look the building is going to-"

"Isn't it your job to put yourself in a risky situation when it comes to this stuff?! She's in there and you're not doing anything!"

"I'm sorry, but-"

I turned my back to him, sprinting into a run and I heard yelling, it sounded like one of the guys was coming after me, but I was going so fast from the adrenaline rush I was feeling I couldn't stop.