Tempted:50:

2 weeks later:

7:38 PM

"Dad!" I ran to him after I got out of my car, hugging him tightly. "Congratulations."

"Thanks sweetie. Are you hungry?"

"Yeah, I am." I nodded, grabbing my bag from the backseat. "Is J- Josh!"

I ran to him, throwing myself in his arms and hugged him like I had hugged my dad.

"I actually missed you."

"Hey Bell. I missed you too."

"How was the drive?"

"Not bad." I shrugged, walking into the house first and smiled. "How does it feel being a congressman?"

"Pretty cool, but not abnormal."

"Well good." I laughed, looking through the hall. "I'm going to go out my stuff in my room and I'll be back."

"Ok sweetie."

I went into my room, dropping the bag down and looked around.

He hadn't changed anything. I liked coming home to familiarity.

I pulled out my phone, dialing Justin's number and rocked on my heels.

"Hey, I'm here." I smiled, walking over to the balcony door.

"Good. I'm glad you made it ok. Did he change your room?"

"No." A laugh escaped my lips, shaking my head as I sat down on the edge of the bed. "It's still the same. They're waiting for me for dinner...will I see you tonight?"

"Do you want to?"

"Yes." I nodded quickly, laughing at myself and stood up.

"Ok, I'll come over. I love you."

"I love you too. I'll see you later." I nibbled on the corner of my lip, hearing him chuckle before I hung up and went back out through the hall towards the kitchen. "Mmm, it smells good."

"Good." Dad chuckled, smiling over at me. "Now...I do have off tomorrow, but I don't have off Friday...and I might have to leave sometimes unexpectedly. I just wanted you to know that in advance."

"Yeah, that's ok." I smiled back, kissing his cheek. "I know you're probably really busy. I could see Jackie...and I was going to go over to the Bieber's house Sunday night for dinner...I haven't seen them since August either."

"Ok...are you going to stay at Justin's?"

"If you don't mind...I mean, we were going to play a bunch of games and stuff that night...we were going to get some breakfast in the morning."

"Yeah, that's fine. I'd be gone in the morning when you woke up. Who knows what Josh would be doing."

"Cool." I laughed a little, going to the fridge to get myself a drink.

That went a little better than I expected.

_____________________

*Justin*

Thursday:
8:46 AM

"Good morning." I mumbled, running a hand through my hair as I walked into the kitchen.

"Morning sweetheart." Mom said from the living room where I saw the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on the tv, and Jazzy curled up into her side.

"Hey kiddo. There's cinnamon rolls. Save some for your brother." Dad said, drinking from a cup of coffee at the breakfast bar.