Tempted:13:

*Justin*

Saturday
6:49 PM

I couldn't help but swallow as I shut my car door, looking up at Bella's house, each step making my heart speed up.

What if this didn't work? What if I couldn't see Bella anymore? What would I do?

I knocked on the door, rocking on the balls of my feet and cleared my throat.

Bella answered, the look on her face melting some of my nerves away.

"I'll get him, you'll be fine. I love you."

"I love you too." Our lips met, stood on her tiptoes just for a few seconds before we pulled away.

She turned, walking down the hall and left me on the porch, giving me a few seconds to pace and calm myself down.

Then her father was in the doorway, staring me down with a look.

"You know, you sure have some guts showing up here."

"Sir, I love your daughter. She's amazing. She's everything I could ask for and I don't deserve her. I don't know what Josh has told you, we haven't gotten along and that's fine, but with all do respect, you don't know me. You tried to shut me out from her life the moment you recognized me. In your campaign's you talk about how you were a small guy that made it in the big leagues, how someone gave you that chance. That's what I'm asking for. I'm asking for a chance for you to know me, to make her happy and love her the right way."

He stared at me again, his expression different, giving me a sense of hope as I swallowed again.

"You're right, you don't deserve her. Now stay the hell away from my daughter."

And with that the door was shut in my face.

What? I hadn't said anything wrong...I thought it was pretty convincing.

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration, letting out a groan, then turned and went down the steps.

There wasn't anyway I was letting go if her, I couldn't. Not with Manny.

Walking to my car I heard the door open again, but this time it was Bella, running out of the house over to me and threw her arms around my neck, her face nestled into it.

"Baby, please don't cry." I rocked her, stroking her hair and pecked the side of her head, but she was crying- and I honestly didn't blame her. "This isn't going to stop me, ok?"

"You were so sweet."

"We just have to take it easy, ok? Don't push it with him."

"But Justin-"

"Bella, trust me. Just trust me. If we do push it something will happen. Something you and I don't want, and I'm not risking losing you, alright?"

"Ok."

"Remember what I've said, we'll figure it out. I love you. I know that, I really do, and I mean it. I'll call you, I'll sneak in. I'm going to do everything I can."

"Me too."

"Your dad's waiting for you," I motioned back up to the house, not meeting his gaze, trying to hold onto her for as long as I could. "Go back. It'll be ok, it really will."

She nodded, pulling herself back, giving me just enough time to wipe her eyes, holding onto the back of her head and kissed her forehead.

"Justin, I love you too."

I smiled at her, squeezing her hand and nodded again to the porch.

"I'll call."

She squeezed my hand back, and then started back up to the house, me making my way quickly to my car where I hopped inside.

There had to be something I could do...

___________________

*Bella*

I had refused to eat at the table for three days, taking snacks when no one was around and brang them back to my room.

I had seen Justin once since he had come over to talk to my dad, and my dad new I was beyond pissed.

It wasn't fair.

I haven seen him now in three days.

I got up out of bed, walking straight to my closet and got down one of my striped blue sweaters, slipping out of the shirt I was wearing and threw that on over my head, doing that dance to get in my skinny jeans with a pair of my tan lace up boots.

I hadn't really felt a need to 'get ready' for school lately. I didn't have anyone to impress, and I had about 8 weeks left anyway. I had a major case of senioritis. I just didn't care anymore.

That's why I left my hair wavy, only putting on a little makeup for the day, slinging my bag over my shoulder and walked into the kitchen.

"You're ready early." Dad told me, pulling his coffee mug down from his lips.