Tempted:59:

*Justin*

Saturday

8:42 PM

Christmas was officially over. Besides Christmas Eve, I didn't see Bella over the holiday. She had family over her house, and I had ended up having family over at my parents. It had been a struggle not being with her every waking moment since we got home, especially when she told me that the timer for their oven went off for dinner the night of Christmas Eve and she jumped.

She was scared, and by now I knew that she was good at pretending she was ok when she wasn't. That's how she was now. Bella had been smiling through everything, being completely stubborn when people tried to help her by trying to stay independent, and telling people she was ok when they expressed sympathy.

She was not ok. She was far from ok. She might have forgiven me, but her insecurities were evident, she didn't really trust me anymore, and she was afraid to even be alone.

I blamed myself for that.

I blamed myself for a lot of things.

I stood up from my bed, pacing through my room as I held my phone up to my ear, waiting for Bella to pick up.

"Morning." I chirped once she picked up, pulling out clothes from my drawers.

She giggled. "Good morning Justin."

"So, what do you say we have a movie day today? Are you up for that? We can watch older movies, and I'll bring over candy, we can have tons of popcorn, and later we can get a pizza. I will happily come over in my pajamas."

"Pajamas?" She laughed again, the sound of sheets ruffling on her line. "Your definition of pajamas is your boxer breifs pal, but I'd love a movie day with you."

I chuckled, running a hand through my hair. "No, I have real pajamas. I picked up some candy yesterday...I was kind of hoping you'd say yes."

"Of course I would. I don't know how anyone could resist a whole movie day with their boyfriend."

"You sound like you're feeling better." I couldn't help the smile that curled on my lips as I sat on the edge of my bed again, my stomach twisting from the continuous sound of her laughter.

"I am actually. My bruises are healing, I'm still sore obviously, but it was a lot worse, and I really enjoy not having to change a bandage anymore...I'm just worried about scaring."

"Well I think at the end of the day it's just going to show how strong you are."

"Thanks, but we both know scars are called scras for a reason. They aren't meant to be there."

"Hey, stop it." The smile fell from my face, my eyebrows pulling together. "You're beautiful."

I heard her sigh, silence hanging in the air after that.

I knew she didn't believe me.

"When are you coming over?" She asked, changing the subject just as quick as it had been brought up.

"I was getting dressed now and heading over, if you want."

"Yeah, sure. Want to join me for breakfast first? I can make us some chocolate chip waffles."

"Sure, That sounds yummy. I'll be over in about twenty minutes."

"Ok. Sounds good."

"I love you." I told her, my eyebrows frowing together again as I looked forward.

"I love you too Justin. I'll see you in a little while."

And we hung up.

I sighed, knowing that she had just slipped back to the quiet and reserved part of her before the conversaton had ended.