Tempted:37:

*Justin*

Tuesday

8:23 PM

"Wake up." I grumbled,scooting myself closer to Bella and pressed my nose into her cheek. "I'm lonely."

"Now? Isn't it early?"

"No."

"Ugh," She groaned, rubbing her eyes. "I should really start studying."

"Do it tomorrow after I leave, not today, you don't start school for another week."

"But I still..."

"No." I whined, hugging her to me. "I haven't started yet either."

"I'm not surprised."

"It's just a book. I read it in middle school."

"So? I bet you don't remember every single detail."

"Why are we talking about school when we have all of today left and part of tomorrow together?" I asked, taking her hand under the sheets and brought it up to my lips.

"I honestly don't know. I don't know how I'm talking at all this early."

"Come on, I'll make breakfast now that we've gotten you groceries. We have plans today."

"We have plans?"

"Later tonight, but yes, yes we do. There has to be something you want to do before then."

"No, not really, I feel like if we try to do everything now, we won't have anything to do when you come and visit."

"That's true."

If I come and visit...but I wouldn't say that out loud. Even after all the deep conversations we've had about her leaving and us being apart...I still had my doubts - and I shouldn't.

"But then again it's beautiful out." Bella now stood at the window, holding back the curtain as she looked down at the street. "We could go to the park maybe for a little while."

"Alright, I'd like that." I smiled at her, standing up my self and leaned down enough while cupping the back of her head with my palm, closing my eyes as I kissed her forehead.

I left in the morning.

____________________________

*Bella*

1:03 PM

For the past two days we had both been avoiding the subject, yeah it was brought up on Sunday when we first got here, but I knew if I talked about it anymore I'd just be upset when he was here, and I didn't want him to see me like that anymore than he already had.

I didn't want him to feel like he had to be happy for the both of us, or that I was just going to be miserable the whole time he was here. He should be having a good time too, even if I wasn't - didn't, and I am, but at the same time I know that with every minute that passes, it gets closer to him leaving.

The minute that door shuts behind him I'm going to ball my eyes out. I've been doing nothing but telling myself that everything was going to be ok and that I should have faith in us, that we've been through hell and we're still both here, but a part of me felt like he had been acting strange this whole time, and we've never been apart like this.

I was afraid of hurting him, or getting hurt, but I love him. Just the fact that in less than 24 hours he won't even be here is killing me. I don't even know when I will see him next, especially with Pattie, and he hasn't talked about that anymore either...

I should have faith in us, and I do, but I'm also terrified...knowing that I'm not going to be around when something happens and he needs me, he can't just come over anymore, or if something happens with Manny and I'm not there...if Manny hurts him...

"Hello? Bella?" Justin asked, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh?"

"You were out of it the whole time, weren't you?"

"I'm sorry Justin."

"No it's ok, I know you have a lot to think about."

"What were you saying? Please?" I asked, tilting up my head so I kissed his cheek and leaned back farther into his chest.

"I just said that Dad is taking Mom to chemo tomorrow, and odds are I'll be at her place so I don't know if we'll be able to talk, at least tomorrow night."

"It's ok. I can talk to you Thursday or something, and I'll just text you to say goodnight."

"Do you think you'll be ok?"

"Yeah, I think so."

What a lie.

"Don't be afraid to call me if you're not. That's what I'm here for."

"Can we just stay here forever?" I asked, closing my eyes and pulled his arms farther around me, feeling his lips in my hair while my fingers fell between his.

"I wish we could."

"I need a special button that freezes time. That would be perfect."

"Or one that goes back in time."

"Where would you go?"

"To the day I first met you." He chuckled, inhaling by my ear. "I scared you."

"Not on purpose."

"I could have been nicer."

"I love how we met. It makes me laugh."

"Why?"

"Because I rejected you."

"I was pretty bold asking you out in the first five minutes."

"You knew what you wanted. I don't think that's a bad thing."

"I'm honestly not so sure I did. Maybe, I don't know."

"Well we're here now."

"Exactly." Our arms were entangled, sitting against a tree in Central Park by the pond.

No matter how many times I tried to savor every moment with him, to make it last, he'd be gone by noon tomorrow.