Tempted:39:

*Justin*

Thursday
6:39 PM

I shut my book, looking out the window if my apartment and stood up, shoving my hands into my pockets.

It had been a little over a week now, I was still adjusting to being alone again, to actually going to school three times a week.

I missed her so much. It absolutely sucked. Yesterday was the first time I hadn't talked to her since we had taken a break that one time - and that was stupid. I don't even count it.

I wanted to call her now, but I was afraid she was doing homework or something and I didn't want to distract her.

But I should probably head to Mom's anyway...

She was officially moving in with Dad, and that would make things easier for me... At least with worrying about her...

We had one month to go until we knew if the cancer was gone or not - and Dad hadn't mentioned anything to me otherwise.

That's what scared me.

"I'm not going to let you sit in here by yourself you know."

I jumped, glaring at Hunter as he started laughing at me, and then a grin curled on my face while a walked over and gave him a playful punch to the arm.

"One day I might end up killing you." I joked, plopping down on the couch.

"You couldn't kill me. Even if I scared the shit out of you."

"What are you doing here?"

"I told you, I knew you'd be in here thinking about something, so I came to get you."

"Hunter, I just finished my homework. I'm exhausted."

"Fine, then we'll stay here. Talk to me."

"About what?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling from where I laid on the couch.

"Anything. How is she?"

"Having a blast." I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

"That's a bad thing?"

"No...it's just - she's not with me. I knew she didn't need me. I'm kind of mad that she's enjoying it so much. A part if me wanted her to come back - wants her to, but I can't tell her that. She'd get mad and I won't let her give up her dreams for me."

"You know she misses you too...this is Bella. She's probably cried at times when she knows you're not there. She's not going to tell you that because she'd upset you. She's all alone up there, you know it's been hard, and that's why she's called you every night."

"Not last night."

"Why?"

"Homework."

"Homework, or because she was upset and she didn't want to here you crying? She's your girlfriend man, haven't you caught the little things?"

"Of course I have." I spat, running my hands over my face. "But when she's upset she calls me."

"It's a little different now Justin. Don't ask how, but it is."

"Why aren't you a fucking therapist or something?" I chuckled, moving my hand so I could look at him.

"Because that requires schooling."

"But you're good at it."

"I guess...how's your mom?"

"Terrible." I admitted with a shrug, looking up at the ceiling again.

"If Bella asked that question, what would you tell her?"

"That she was ok."

"Why?"

"Because Bella doesn't need anything else to worry about."

"You know Justin, you worry about other people all the time, but you honestly never worry about yourself. Bella wants to worry about you, if she was upset about something and she didn't tell you why, you'd get mad."

"Of course I would. It's frustrating."

"Exactly."

"Well I'm going to see her this weekend. Everything'll be fine."

"Will it Justin?"

"Can we go get something to eat?" I mumbled, standing up and shoved my hands back in my pockets.

"Yeah, sure." He sighed, while I grabbed my keys, opening up the door.

I was done talking.

___________________________

*Bella*

9:17 PM

I pulled my head up from my palms, wiping my eyes with the back of my hands.

I had been fine a few days after Justin left, but I missed him, I missed Jackie, even my dad and brother.

I had been oddly quiet starting school, and I couldn't be, especially with the career I wanted, but I was afraid of talking to people...of getting close to people, and of my surrondings..

I didn't know what could happen here.

But I had talked to Trent a few times, and I didn't forget to mention the fact that I had a boyfriend because I didn't want him to get any wrong ideas.

I loved Justin - but I was also allowed to have friends. Every guy I talked to would not try to hit on me...and I had even met a girl named Jessica who was sweet as can be, same with Rachael, but I had even been quiet around them. I just...didn't trust a lot of people around me.

I finally stood up, walking into closet and picked up Justin's old basketball sweatshirt, slipping it on over my head.

It still smelled just like him - and I was so excited to see him tomorrow.

It was the longest time we had gone without each other this long...and it's one of the hardest things I've ever done.

My phone buzzed on the table beside my bed, and I jumped for it, sniffing quickly so Justin didn't hear. I knew it was him.

He'd been calling me at almost the same time every day.

"Hi buttercup." The cute laughter rang through my ears, making my stomach twist.

"Hi Justin."

"How was your day?"

"It was alright, busy and a little tiring."

"Why?"

"There is just a lot of material in Psychology...but it's really interesting and I didn't sleep very well last night."

"Still getting used to it?"

"Yeah, and I...I don't know."

"No, what is it? Talk to me..."

"I had a nightmare last night, with Manny. I thought it would go away when I came here...I shouldn't have expected it to happen right away."

"Baby, please call me when that happens. I don't care when it is, but call me."

"I don't want to wake you up for a nightmare. It's nothing. People have it so much worse than I do, and it was a little thing."

"It's not a little thing to me if you're upset."

"Have you seen him? Is he around?"

"No Bella. You're safe. I'll be up tomorrow right in time to pick you up from school."

"Really? You don't have class?"

"Nah, not tomorrow. I have classes Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I packed today and I'll leave when I wake up in the morning."

"I'm so excited to see you." I cracked a smile, hugging myself in his sweatshirt.

"I'm excited to see you too. I hope you don't have a lot of homework. I want to do stuff with you this weekend."

"I've done a lot of it already, we'll have plently of time."

"Good. We'll do something. Are you ok now?"

"Yeah," I nodded quickly, almost assuring myself too. "I'm alright. Are you?"

"Mhm."

"How's your mom?"

"She's alright. She's upset about leaving her house, but she's also excited to go back home...it's actually a little weird...my family living under one roof again...except for me..."

"But you still have your room there...you can stay more."

"Yeah, that's true." I heard him sigh, making me frown.

"Justin...if you can't come up because your mom is s-"

"No, no, no. I'm coming up to see you. I need to see you."

"Ok." I smiled at that, turning out the light beside me and crawled under the covers, hearing him laughing at me on the other end. "What are you doing?"

"I'm talking to the prettiest girl on earth. What about you?"

"Talking to some boring guy - he's putting me to sleep."

"Fine, I'll hang up then."

"No! Don't go! I was kidding!"

"Oh were you, you were kidding?"

"Yes!" I giggled, quickly nodding my head.

"And what makes you think I'll believe that?"

"Justin! Knock it off!"

"Alright, alright. I'm just joking. It's nice hearing your laugh. I love your laugh."

"Well at least that makes one of us."

"You're way too hard on yourself princess."

"No I am not." I mumbled, turning to look at the wall with the pictures of him and I on it.

"Yes you are, stop it. I don't like it. Everything about you is perfect."

"Are we really going to argue about me right now?"

"We will unless you admit you're beautiful. I can argue about this all night."

"Justin..." I whined, my eyes fixed on a single picture of us.

"No, say it."

"B-"

"Say it."

"I'm beautiful."

"Was that so hard?"

"Yes."

"Same old stubborn Bella."

"Same old pain in the ass Justin."

"Love you too."

"I know you do." I giggled again, sinking farther into the covers. "How's Mike and Hunter?"

"They're good. They miss you too."

"It's weird not being home."

"I know, but you're staying there. We'll come to you. I'm sure they'll come up one day soon."

"I'd like that."

"I'll talk to them."

"Are you tired?" My eyes were shut now, the sound of his voice the only thing I was paying attention to.

"No, are you?"

"A little, but I don't want to hang up."

"I can tell you a story if you want."

"Ok."

"Alright...well..."

_________________________________