Tempted:25:

*Bella*
11:21 AM

"Do you like this?" I asked Justin, picking up a see through sweater.

"Do you?"

"Yes or no, Justin." I said, giving him one of those looks.

"Yes - it just depends on what you're wearing under it."

"Shut up." I laughed, rolling my eyes as he kissed the side of my head.

"I really do love that little black dress you have in your hands though."

"I'm buying that. I figured I might where it Friday, or if we go out to the club again."

He rolled his tongue, squeezing my hip for a moment, and then let go, shaking his head.

"But I told you I'm buying your clothes."

"No. We're here and this is my favorite store. It can get dangerous."

"Bella - er - Knowle. I am buying them and that's final."

"Were you trying to call me by my full name?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Maybe."

"What's my middle name Justin?"

"Er - I - um."

"That's what I thought."

"What's mine Bella?"

"I - um -"

"That's what I thought." He mimicked, taking the clothes from my hand and draped them over his arm.

"Fine. Mine's Rose."

"Mine's Drew."

"We're even now." I told him, flipping through the jeans. "Tell me if you get bored and I'll hurry up."

"Take your time. It's ok. This is why we're here."

"I didn't tell you, while we were apart, I bought new bathing suits for the beach."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, you'll like them. I promise. Jackie said you'd be drooling."

"I basically do that every time I see you, so maybe I'll pass out."

"Well you have two weeks left. I told myself I wasn't wearing them until the beach."

"B-But - you have a pool right outside."

"I have other bathing suits, but I'm not swimming until these cuts are healed up."

"It'll take about a week with the magical stuff I gave you."

"I can tell," I laughed at him, checking the tag on a shirt. "It feels a lot better today."

"Good." He lightly turned my head, meeting my lips with his for just a few seconds.

"I'm going to try some of this on, then we can go get lunch."

"Food." He grinned, following behind me.

"Yeah, I know. Girls like clothes, boys like food."

"Hey, I like clothes! Just food is - yummy."

I rolled my eyes, leaving him outside of the dressing room, pulling off my shirt and started trying them on.

I loved basically everything - even that crochet sweater you could see through - obviously because it was made to have those holes in it, but it would look good with a tank underneath it, and even a bathing suit.

I struggled with the jeans - only because of the cut. I was being extremely careful with the bandage. It would feel like hell if it got stuck and ripped off. I'd probably scream.

But it didn't get stuck, and the jeans fit.

I turned, looking at my butt in the mirror - admit it, we all do that - and smiled.

It looked awesome.

"These are my new favorite jeans." I said a little louder than normal, hearing Justin's laughter a few feet away.

"They're just jeans."

"Remember that you said that." I told him, slipping out of the jeans and tried on the dress.

That was a hit too, and it was great for the club, maybe not dinner.

I could wear the peach dress that had been sitting in my closet begging to be worn.

"All done." I said to Justin, holding the clothes that I wanted on my arm.

"I'm buying them. No exceptions." He took them from me, sticking out his tongue and started walking away.

"But Justin!"

"Bella, I honestly have about $15,000 sitting in a checking account from all of the jobs I have done, incudling the one with Grant. Let me buy your clothes."

"Ok." I blushed, looking down at my shoes, hearing him laughing at me while his free arm slipping around my waist. "But I'm buying lunch."

"Deal."

"What do you want?" I asked, standing in line with him.

"You." He purred, making me blush again, and I pushed him away, trying not to laugh.

"I meant for lunch."

"It doesn't matter really. We'll go to the food court."

"Ok."

I watched as he paid, handing over the check card and then signed the receipt, the employee eyeing him like - like god damn candy - even with a cut above his eyebrow.

Before she handed over the bag, I wrapped my hand instinctivly around his arm, looking at her - hoping my eyes gave that Mine effect I was going for.

"Thanks." He said to her, and then we walked away. "You ok?

"Fine. Thank you for my clothes."

"You're very welcome buttercup." He grinned, kissing my temple.

"I almost reached over to that girl though and strangled her."

"Why?"

"Did you see how she looked at you? No, it was not ok. Clearly you were with me. You don't look at my boyfriend like that."

"Welcome to my world."

"Boys don't look at me like that. You're nuts." I told him, now holding onto his hand as we walked through the mall.

"I'm not nuts. It's true! You're the only reason I haven't ripped their fucking heads off."

"Don't lie. It's not nice to lie."

"I'm not lying. Especially to you. You know I'm right. There was Troy - and who knows how many other guys."

"Yeah I've dated other people- but so have you."

"Not really dated." He shrugged.

"Right." I pursed my lips, following the tiles with my eyes.

"That's not what I mean, but I guess it's that way too..."

"Yeah."

"I was stupid then."

I didn't say anything to that, what could I say?

"How about Chick-fil-A?" I asked him, changing the subject.

"Sure." He sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"I just want one of those delicious chicken sandwiches."

"That sounds pretty good to me."

I stood up on my tiptoes, kissing his cheek and squeezed his hand.

He knew it bothered me, but that was something neither of us could change.

________________

*Justin*
12:42 PM

"What does your sister wear?"

"I don't really know, dresses I guess, the cute little flower shirts, that kind of stuff."

Her head shot up, then she laughed, shaking her head as she looked at dresses.

"What?"

"You said cute. You never say cute."

"Yeah, yeah."

"I think you're pretty cute."

"Don't push it." I warned, picking up a yellow dress. "I like this."

"What size is she?"

"I'm pretty sure she's a 5T."

"I like it a lot too, and they have shoes to match."

"Yeah, they do."

"Here, you get her the dress, and I'll get her the shoes."

"Ok." I laughed at her, pulling her forward by her waist and kissed her. "Let's keep looking. We might find something else too. I want to get her the best present ever."

"What about these?" She asked, picking up a pair of royal blue capris and held them up.

"I like those, and look at this shirt." It was white, with one of those smiley flowers that had a bumble bee flying away from it with the same blue color to draw its flight path.

"It's really cute. I love it. I think she will too."

"Good eye on the pants."

"Thank you." She giggled, pecking my lips.

"You're welcome."

"Maybe we could get her a different version of Monopoly." She suggested. "I mean, she'll like the clothes, but she still is a little girl. You know us little kids love toys."

"I think she like's Barbie's."

"See! She'd love that. And you'd be the coolest big brother in the world."

"I already am the coolest big brother in the world, what are you talking about?" I scoffed, standing in line with her and put up the clothes, paying for them and waited for Bella to do the same with the shoes.

"Now you have to beat Jaxon."

"This is true..."

"She loves you both."

"Yeah, I know." Smiling at her, I wrapped my arm arond her shoulders, careful of where the cut was and kissed the side of her head. "Toys R Us?"

"Sure."

_________________________

7:39 PM

"How is she?" Hunter asked me, raising his eyebrows.

"I don't know," I admitted with shrug, staring at the beer in my hands. "I mean, when we've talked about it she's cried - she's terrified. I'm going over again tonight."

"How is her Dad not going to find out?"

'Apparently Josh told her he wouldn't say anything, but she's so...beaten up I guess, that it would be hard for him not to notice. Even when he comes home. She looks great don't get me wrong, and I know it could have been worse, but I mean emotionally too...she's not herself."

"Neither are you really."

"You know what she said to me last night?" I asked, slowly looking up at him. "I told her that I wouldn't let Manny touch her, that nothing would happen. She said, 'You said that last time.' I can't even describe to you how I felt then."

"But you didn't know."

"I should have. That's my problem. It never should have gone this far."

"What Justin? And what is that? Letting yourself be happy? Falling in love with a girl so much that you'd die for her? Which is exactly what you were going to do, so don't tell me otherwise."

"I shouldn't have been so persistant. We're magnets of trouble Hunter. It's my fault. If I wouldn't have - if I wouldn't have been so determined to swoop her up she'd happily be sitting at her pool, going out with friends without worrying - especially about me."

"And you know you'd probably be getting wasted every night, getting high with us, and disappearing off with some girl until morning. You wouldn't have your family - and hell you could even be dead. You know that she was put in your life for a reason."

"I just don't know what to do."

"All you can do is be there for her."

"I got us reservations for dinner tomorrow, she's excited for that."

"For where?"

"Firefly."

"Firefly? Damn Justin."

"What?"

"Getting all fancy."

"Well she deservse something nice...I hope it'll take her mind of things." I said, taking a swig of my drink before I sat it back down.

"I bet it will. Especially when she knows where she's going."

"Does she know it's fancy?"

"Yeah, I told her somewhere nice. That girl never dresses down for a date anyway."

"She is quite a girly girl."

"It could be the last date before her Dad gets suspcious of something. You never know..." I sighed, leaning back on the couch.

I still had a bad feeling.

__________________

*Bella*
Friday:
5:48 PM

I frowned down at my leg, the three inches of the cut now scabbed over.

At least my dress covered it - and my shoulder.

I was giddy, curious of where he was taking me, trying to guess everything in my head while I did my makeup.

He knows I like Carmine's, but we just went there...I don't think he'd take me there again. He'd pick somewhere else.

My hair was curly, braided back out of my face, filling up my clutch as the doorbell rang.

"Josh, can you get that? It's Justin!" I called out my door, running into my closet and picked up my nude peephole shoes, then snatched my clutch up off my bed, along with the bag with clothes for tomorrow.

I was staying at Justin's .

Butterflies pitted in my stomach as I walked through the hall, lifting up my eyes to see Justin at the door - actually talking with my brother.

"Have fun." Josh said to me with a smile, nodding at Justin, and then disappeared.

"Wow," Justin smiled, taking a step forward to close in the distance between us. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you, you look handsome too." Smiling back, I held onto the blazer he wore over his button up shirt, feeling his hands slide on my waist and tug me closer, earning a blush from me as his head dipped low enough to catch my lips, making my back arch while my hands captured his cheeks in my palms.

"Want to know where we're going?"

"Yes." I nodded eagerly, nibbling on the corner of my lip.

"You'll find out when we get there." He grinned mischievously, pecking my lips again before taking my hand and opening the door.

"Is it far?"

"No, downtown. So maybe a half hour with traffic."

"Ok."

The summer breeze hit my skin, the scent of flowers filling my nose, reminding me of the beach even.

I was so excited for the beach. To not have to worry about anything at while we were there, to be able to go out with him in public and not watch my back- it was a miracle.

Plus knowing my mom she'd probably give him and I a night or two to ourselves.

I was thinking before we even took that little break, that I was ready - now I was unsure.

I mean I wasn't, but I was.

But tonight he was taking me to dinner, he was even fancy.

I felt special.

"Thank you again," I said to him once we were in the car, caressing his cheek in my hand while I kissed the other. "I think you deserve the title of best boyfriend."

"I don't," He stifled a laugh, taking my hand and pressed it to his lips. "But thank you."

"You're welcome...How was work?"

"You know, the usual. Grant already knows what happened, gave me a pat on the back and asked how you were. He knows not to tell. I figured if anyone else asked I'd just tell them I had some trouble with the equipment."

"That works I guess."

"Are you ok?"

"I will be." I told him, squeezing his hand.

"Have you had nightmares?"

"No," I shook my head, think quietly to myself. "Actually, I haven't dreamt at all."

"Weird - but better than a nightmare."

"Yeah, you're right."

It took us a half hour to get there like he had said, a smirk curling along my lips as I looked at the lit up restaurant.

Firefly...

"You stay. I'll be over there."

"Alright."

My cheeks were already starting to hurt.

This was the most romantic thing he had done besides the picnic.

He opened my door, holding out his hand palm up for me to place mine in, and I did, leaving the bag of my clothes in his car and held onto my clutch.

"This place is so pretty." I murmured, looking around as we stepped inside.

"Have you ever been here?"

"No, but I've heard really good things about it."

"Me too." Justin smiled at me, pecking my cheek before he told the hostess our reservations, holding firmly to my waist with his thumb moving in a circle along my bare skin.

The dress I wore had two slits in the sides, a perfect spot for his palm - but it was cute.

I let him lead me, smiling the whole time as he helped me into the booth, resting his hand on my leg while looking over the menu.

"And get whatever you want." He said in my ear, pecking the skin by it.

"Ok." I returned the smile he wore, my heart fluttering inside my chest.

The place was fancy, one that any normal boyfriend and girlfriend wouldn't go out to for a typical date.

But he told me he was taking me somewhere nice, which of course over the phone yesterday I had asked him 'Are yin sure?' A million times...but he said yes, insisting on taking me somewhere nice...

"I know what I want." He declared, winking as his arm slipped around me.

"And what's that?"

"This one." He pointed to one, my eyes scanning over it, laughing at his facial expression.

"Yummy." I said while kissing his cheek, taking in the smell of his cologne.

"Me or the food?"

"Both." Giggling, I looked back at the menu, trying to hide the blush that was creeping along my cheeks.

A few minutes later out menus were gone, there were drinks in front of us, and he took my hand in his, moving his thumb along my skin.

"Do you feel better today?" He asked in my ear, goose bumps rising on my neck from the heat of his breath.

"Yeah, I do. You?"

"Mhm."

"Good." I smiled at him, lifting up my hand to his cheek, running my fingertips over the light bruises. I looked at his eyes then, wanting to melt from the caramel color, those killer lashes. "Remember when we went to that coffee shop and I blurted out that I thought your eyes were gorgeous?"

"Yes," He nodded with laughter, the sound making my stomach do flips. "Then you turned cherry red."

"You and your cocky little self."

"I am not!"

"Are, were." I shrugged, watching his mouth drop open.

"How can I not be when I have this pretty little thing to show for it?" He asked, making my laugh again as he let go of my hand, wrapping his arms all the way around me.

"Oh stop it."

"No, my beautiful Bella." He kept kissing my cheek, making me giggle, a smile so wide on my face my cheeks were hurting. "I love you."

"I love you too." I held onto his neck, pulling him down to my lips, massaging the end of his scalp with the tips of my fingers as I ran them through his hair.

"You know what else I was thinking we could do this summer?" He mumbled against my lips.

"What?"

"Hershey Park with Jackie and Mike. That would be fun."

"Yeah, it would."

"Would you get on all those rollercoasters with me? Hmm?"

"Yeah, I would. Mom and Dad used to take me there when I was little. I haven't been there in forever."

"I'll text Mike or something tomorrow and look at tickets."

"Dad can get them at the discount price, because of government stuff."

"Sweet."

"Like you." I tapped his nose, leaning over and rubbed it against mine.

"Sometimes I really wonder about you, like one minute you're fine, and the next it's like I have a cute little five year old Bella beside me."

"Oh shut up, you have your moments too. Like those really cute ones where I actually make you blush instead of the other way around."

"Stop it, I'm not cute."

"Yes you are, why do you insist you aren't?"

"Because I'm not."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No." He seethed, shaking his head once.

"Ok, fine." I sighed, holding out my hands in surrender. "You're not cute. Not at all."

"Good."

I eyed him mysteriously, snatching up his hand again into mine, gently running my nails along the inside of his arm.

After the subject was changed, our food came, plated beautifully in front of us.

"It looks delicious." I picked up my fork, licking my lips, biting into my shrimp. "It's so good."

"So is mine, here." He cut off a piece of steak, holding it out to me as I opened up my mouth, nodding my head with a moan in response. "Right?"

"You picked a very good place."

"I was hoping so." He kissed my cheek again, sending that infamous smile my way.

"Want one of mine?" I asked, pointing down to the shrimp.

"Sure." He nodded, opening his mouth like I had as I held it out, laughing as he made a face while closing his lips around the fork. "Yeah, yours is really good too."

"Thank you again, for everything."

"You're very welcome princess."

I smiled again, ducking my head down from the blush and looked down at my food.

It was one of the sweetest things he had ever done for me.

_________________

*Justin*

9:44 PM

"Here," I pulled down one of my white dress shirts - one I rarely even wore so I didn't even care - handing it over to Bella before I started to take off my own clothes.

"Thanks."

"No problem." I said, pulling off my undershirt and tossed it in my hamper, stretching myself out when I turned around, Bella's back to me while she took off her dress, unaware I was watching her, smirking to myself while my eyes wandered over the back of the tan lace.

I had every urge to walk up behind her, grab her up under her thighs so I scooped her under her thighs, letting her fall back on the bed and rip everything off.

But I couldn't.

This was so unfair.

I took a step closer, then back, seeing as the shirt covered up the back of her body, tugging at the end of my hair in frustration.

No. No, no, no. Stay Justin.

Stay.

But I didn't, I went up behind her, grabbing her hips and pulled her back into me, planting kisses along her cheek - eyes open as she buttoned up the last few at the top.

"Hi." I smiled into her cheek, swaying her in my arms.

"Hi Justin."

"I'm not going to lie," I whispered, giving her hips a squeeze. "I was staring at you the whole time."

"Stop!" She squealed, covering her cheeks with her hands.

"Why? You know you're sexy. You're my little model."

"I'm not even model material."

"Bullshit." I said lowly, lowering my hands down past the end of the shirt and underneath. "Utter bullshit. Everybody was staring at you tonight. You know why? Because you're gorgeous, and beautiful, and sexy, and hot, and should I continue?"

"No, it's ok." She giggled, lifting up her arm and wrapped it around my neck.

"Do you believe me?"

"Mhm."

My eyes flickered down to her neck, trailing soft little kisses, then opened my mouth, biting down as gently as I could without hurting her, smirking again as her back arched, snaking her hand over the mine that still held into her waist.

"I swear if you leave anything on my neck that my brother or dad will see, I'll kill you."

"No you won't." I chuckled, shaking my head and kissed her cheek again. "They know I'm loving on you anyway."

"But they don't have to see it!"

"Oh stop." I scooped her up then, plopping her down on the bed and crawled over to the light and turned it out, then wiggled my eyebrows at her.

"You're so weird!" She laughed, squeezing my cheeks together.

"But you love me!"

We were both laughing, me managing to nuzzle my face back into her neck, smiling as she slipped her arms around my torso, lightly running her nails up and down my back.

"You're a fucking tease." I growled, then lifted up my head along with my eyebrows.

I wasn't supposed to say that out loud.

"I don't mean to be."

"I wasn't supposed to say that."

"Like how I wasn't supposed to tell you your eyes were gorgeous?"

"Yeah."

"I kinda of like watching you squirm though. It's funny."

"Shut up." I mumbled, rolling over on my side.

"Hey, baby..." I felt her arm slip around my waist, kissing the skin by my ear.

"What?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"No," I sighed, shaking my head and looked back at her. "Why?"

"I don't know...I'm sorry."

"Baby, don't be sorry."

"No, because you're right. I- I just don't know."

"Bella, look at me," I took her chin between my thumb and forefinger, making sure she didn't try to hide her face. "It is quite ok. I'll be just fine. It's better than making you feel horrible afterwards and regretting it."

"Regretting it, with you? That's fucking nuts."

"Wait a minute-" I paused, sitting myself up and hovered over her again, grinning so wide my cheeks were hurting in a few instants. "Did you just say what I think you said?"

"What do you think I said?"

"Say it again."

"What do you think I said Justin?"

"Don't do that, you know what you said, say it again."

"No."

"Say it again. That was basically one of the hottest things you have ever done, so say it again."

"I don't know what you want me to say again Justin."

"Oh come on! You said totally said 'fucking!' I've never even heard that word come out of your mouth."

"I'm sure you have."

"No, but it was a huge turn on, say it again."

"No, I said it once. I don't curse that much. It's your fault."

"You're welcome." I chuckled, kissing the tip of her nose again.

"You know, your shirt is really comfortable."

"That's because it's mine. It's one of those things you should really wear after sex, but we're not doing that." I teased, leaning myself down and kissed her cheek repeatedly, expecting her to laugh, but she didn't. "What's wrong?"

"Has somebody else worn this shirt?"

"Um, no, why?"

"Because that's weird - and a little gross. That would be like - I don't know. I can't explain it."

"No other girl has ever worn any of my clothes. Ever. Just you."

"Good. I like that. Sometimes I sleep in your sweatshirt, and the last one I wore I kinda took home, I sleep in that too. Like when you weren't around...I don't know. It gave me comfort."

"Good. I like knowing you're sleeping in my clothes away from me too...but I'm sorry about that...I thought-"

"Justin, please," She shook her head, closing her eyes. "It wasn't your fault."

"How can you honestly look me in the eye and say that, when you know it's true?"

"No, it's not. Don't say that." She shook her head, quickly pushing me over and straddled me, firmly holding onto me face - surprising me. "Stop blaming yourself, just stop."

"Here I am again - this was supposed to be your night to forget, I-"

"Justin, stop. It is not your fault. I had a wonderful night. I did forget, but I can't forget for forever. We both know that. So I can look you in the eye and say that because each one of these bruises healing on your face was for me, you pushed me over and stayed on top of me - with gun shots? You think I don't see that? You think every time I see your face I don't see the incredible man that I call my boyfriend, and know that you would protect me through anything? Every time I look at you that's who I see."

"How is that possible?" I asked with a tight throat, holding onto the back of her legs. "How do you not see the person yelling at Bradley the first day I met you? Me when I get mad? How do you not see the murderer?"

"Because I know who you really are, and that isn't you. I won't ever forget that day you were crying in my lap, I know that's probably the last thing you want to remember, but that's my Justin." She leaned over me, bent down enough to kiss my cheek, then I felt her lips along each of the faint bruises I had left, then the little cut above my eyebrow.

I stayed quiet though, because I didn't really know what to say.

How do you respond to that?

"You're not what you think you are." She whispered, my eyes closed again from the touch of her lips by my ear.

I didn't even know who I was.

_________________

Author's Note:
The next chapter will be up next Friday ;) I know for a fact you guys'll like that one ;)

Twitter: @lostinstereoWP