Meeting the Kids - Tom Brady for Abigail {-tesfaye-}

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In My Life I love you more
-The Beatles

~~~~~

I ran around the house frantically, tidying up things for the arrival of Tom and his three kids for dinner. This would be the first time I meet his kids, and I was a nervous wreck.

I'm setting the table when my cell phone rings. Sprinting over to the living room, I pick it up off the couch and place it next to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe! So the kids and I are just leaving the house. We'll be over in about 20 minutes."

"Okay."

Tom sighs over the line. "Abigail, don't stress yourself out over this. They're kids. They won't judge you as much as you think."

I smile a little. "Alright, Tom. I'll see you when you get here. I love you."

"I love you too princess."

I hang up after that. The phone call relieved me for a split second before I went back into panic mode.

Let's get this over with.

~~~~~

I'm pacing around the living room, checking over my outfit to see if anything happened to the jean jacket, grey tank top, skinny jeans, and white converse in a matter of seconds.

The doorbell rings, and I'm shaken out of my thoughts. Taking a deep breath, I walk to the door, and open it slowly. It reveals Tom, looking as sexy as ever, surrounded by two little boys and a little girl.

"Hey Abigail," Tom says as he pecks me on the cheek. I give a smile, and look down at the kids who seem to all be scowling at me.

"Come on inside," I gesture, and they walk in, seating themselves in the living room. I follow behind them quietly, and place my booty in the love seat.

Tom senses my nervousness, and decides to break the ice by asking the kids to introduce themselves.

"I'm Vivian."

"Benjamin."

"John, call me Jack."

At that moment, I could easily conclude that these kids really hate my guts. "Hi guys, I'm Abigail."

"We know. You're the one that chased mommy away," Jack huffs, and the other two nod in agreement. My eyes go wide, and a lump the size of a toad forms in my throat.

Tom stands up immediately.

"Let's go eat everyone!"

~~~~~

They seat themselves at the table while I dish out the baked potato and chicken casserole. Tom digs in immediately, and I laugh a little when he gets cheese all over his mouth. Leaning over, I take a napkin and wipe his mouth. He gives me a grin, and goes back to eating.

The kids pick at their food, obviously not liking it.

"You guys don't like it? If you want, I have some hot dogs le-"

Ben slams his fork on the table, causing all eyes to look at him. "We're not eating it because we don't like you! Momma cooks way better than you!"

I stand up, wiping my hands on my napkin. "Excuse me."

Running up the stairs, I jump onto my bed in frustration. His kids hate me! How am I supposed to be his girlfriend if his own kids don't like me? They're everything to him!

Tom follows soon after, and pulls me into his warm embrace.

"Babe, he didn't mean what he said. He's just a-"

I look at him, eyes brimming with angry tears. "I know Tom! He's just a kid! They don't know what they're talking about!" I scream into a pillow, and Tom rubs my back soothingly.

"I promise they'll love you. Don't worry, okay? I can't stand to see you cry, princess."

He leaves the room, and minutes later I hear his firm voice addressing his children.

I've calmed down a bit when the door opens. Soon enough, a figure jumps onto my bed.

Or should I say, figures.

Vivian speaks up first. "Miss Abigail, we're really sorry for the way we acted. We're just not used to you yet."

"Yeah, and I'm really sorry for what I said earlier," Jack says.

"Mommy's food doesn't taste better than yours. I just said it to make you mad, so Daddy will leave and take us back to Mommy." Ben finishes. I sit up and look at them.

"You guys wanted to make me mad? Why?"

"Because we really miss mommy," Jack says.

I give them a small smile. "I understand. Let's make a deal, alright? You have dinner with me and your dad, and then you can go home and stay with mommy the rest of the night, ok?"

They all nod happily, and Ben grabs my hand.

"Miss Abigail, you're really pretty!" he compliments. I blush a little, and he leads me downstairs, followed by Vivian and Jack.

~~~~~

"Bye Miss Abigail!" They all wave, and start out the door. Tom stands behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"They finally warmed up to you. See, I told you there was nothing to worry about." He pecks my lips.

I'm almost knocked down by a pair of arms wrapping around my legs. "I love you Miss Abigail!" Ben says, then grabs his dad's hand, pulling him out the door. I shut the door behind them.

I collapse down on my couch, and breathe a sigh of relief.

What a night.

~~~~~

Big thanks to Abigail {-tesfaye-} for requesting this! I'm sorry, this is really rough. I made his kids seem like they're really little unintentionally. Anyways, I absolutely love your stories! Hope you enjoyed this!