Accept My Apology? ~ JJ Watt for Jay {leigh134}

@leigh134

Is it too late now to say sorry?

Cause I'm

Missing more than just your body

~Justin Bieber

~~~~~

I wait impatiently for JJ to come home. The dinner's resting in the table, and the large portion of steak in the middle is just itching to be touched.

I glance at the wall clock.

7:53 pm.

My heart sinks to my stomach. He said he'll be home by 6.

Today is our 2 year anniversary.

Tears rush down my cheeks as I start to wrap everything up. I place the steak in the fridge, shoving it to the back of the fridge angrily.

The front door clicks open as I slam another spoonful of mashed potatoes into a Tupperware container.

"Jay, baby, I'm home!" JJ calls from the living room. I ignore his voice, focusing on the task at hand.

I hear him walk into the kitchen and stand behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist.

"Hey baby," he whispers in my ear. I shove his arms away, and JJ frowns, confused as to why I'm not in my usual amiable mood.

"JJ, let me ask you a question: what do you think today is?"

He ponders this for a moment before speaking. "September 23, why?"

I clench my fists at my sides. "Anything significant about today?"

"Nothing rings a bell to me."

I tug in my hair in frustration. "Justin James Watt, today is our two year anniversary! I can't believe you of all people would forget!"

JJ immediately tries to pull me in for a hug, but I shove him away. "I can't believe you JJ! After all I've done!"

"Jay, I'm sorry! Football got in the way and-"

I slam my fist on the kitchen counter. "Are you implying that football is more important than your girlfriend?"

He shakes his head vigorously. "No, baby not at all! I'm just saying-"

"That's not a good answer, Justin, and you know it!" I shout.

His face turns a crimson red, and his blue eyes flash in anger. His jaw clenches and unclenches as he tries to hold in his anger.

Unfortunately, it fails.

"You know what Jay? I've made my choice! Football is way more important than this damn relationship! I should've stayed single!" He booms, causing me to flinch a little.

I should've known better than to make the best DE in the league angry.

He grabs his jacket and car keys before heading out the door.

"Football is way more important than a little bitch like you!" He retorts.

He slams the door behind him.

Angry tears make their way down my face as I stomp up the stairs, making my way to my bedroom.

~~~~~

I'm woken up by the sound of something crashing downstairs. Grabbing a baseball bat, I cautiously make my way down the steps. Peering into the kitchen, I sign in relief as I realize it's JJ, not some crazed serial killer.

My mood changes from relief to anger as I wonder what the fuck he's doing.

I clear my throat loudly, and JJ turns around, startled. Crossing my arms over my chest, I raise an eyebrow. He gives me a sheepish smile.

"I give you two minutes starting now."

"Jay, babe, I didn't mean a word that I said yesterday. I was frustrated at myself and at the coaches and I took it out on you. So I decided to try to make you breakfast in bed, but it didn't work clearly." He gestures to enormous mess behind. "I know I'm a crappy boyfriend, but will you please forgive me? I don't want to leave you, and I'm such a douche for calling you names and saying you weren't important."

JJ looks at me expectantly. I give him a small smile and nod.

He immediately picks me up in his arms, spinning me around. I giggle as he sets me down.

He plants his lips on mine, kissing me slowly. I gladly return the kiss.

"You forgive me?" He asks.

"Of course JJ! But one other thing."

I gesture to all of the pancake batter that's currently dripping off of the counter. "Who's going to clean this up?"

He scoffs. "Obviously you."

I place my hands on my hips as I raise an eyebrow. "Come again?"

He pecks my nose. "Just kidding, Jay."

~~~~~

Well hello there Jay {leigh134}! I hope you liked your imagine! Sorry for the crappy ending!

Thanks so much for reading!