Baby, I Could Be Your Fire ~ Giovani Bernard for Aria {legionsofboom}

Baby, I could be your fire

(Some Japanese lyrics I don't understand)
Darling, I could be your lover
(More Japanese lyrics I don't understand)
~ I Don't Like Mondays

~~~~~

"Aria! We need more samplers over here!"

Balancing the tray expertly on one hand, I weave my way through the crowded area, trying to get to the sampler table. The Bengals' Super Bowl party is packed, and I greet random people as I make my way through.

A hand grabs my shoulder abruptly, and I almost topple over. I turn around, annoyed.

My face immediately softens when I realize who it is, however.

"I'm so sorry, miss, I just wanted to try another one of your amazing samplers before everyone over there devours them." Giovani Bernard gives me a sheepish smile, and I return the favor.

"I don't make the food, I just deliver 'em," I say, blushing. He gives me a wink, then leans down to whisper in my ear.

"I would much rather see what else you have up your sleeve, if you know what I mean."

I blush even harder and grasp the tray with both hands this time.

I swear I'm about to faint at the sight of this man.

"I'll see you around," he pauses for a moment while reading my name tag, "Aria." He shoots me another wink, and I melt at the sight.

I'm shaken out of my thoughts when my name is shouted again, and I meet the eyes of my fuming boss.

I sigh, giving Giovani a small smile.

I can feel his gaze on me as I walk away.

~~~~~

I bring out tray after tray, tiring quickly from all the mini sandwiches, cubed cheeses, and mini tacos I have had to carry out.

How much can these people eat?

I turn around, ready to go pick up another tray when I bump into a figure.

And his fruit punch.

The red liquid splashes all over me, staining my white caterer's uniform. I look up, horrified.

Giovani's facial expression mirrors mine.

"Aria, I am so sorry. Here, let me take you home to change."

I shrug it off. "It's no big deal, Giovani."

"The look on your face when I bumped into you didn't look like it," he says while grabbing my hand. "Come on."

I have no choice as I'm dragged out of the party by a sexy ass football player.

Not that I'm complaining or anything.

He rushes to his car, and I giggle at his hurried ways. He gives me a puzzled look for a second before opening the passenger door for me.

I get in, him getting in soon after. He revs the engine, and he pulls out of the parking lot.

"Again, Aria, I'm-"

"Boy, if you don't hush up," I say while looking at him. He chuckles a little.

"You know, you look even sexier in red."

I blush at his comment, slapping his arm.

"Shut it you flirt."

"You seem to enjoy it. I guess I should do this often."

I turn to him, a smile creeping its way onto my face.

"Are you implying that we should go out more, Bernard?"

He smiles a little. "Maybe. Only if you want to, though."

"I'd love to." I lean over, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"So, um, Aria, one more thing."

"Mmhmm."

"Where in the world do you live?"

~~~~~

Thanks so much for your patience Aria {legionsofboom}! I'm so sorry this took forever, chorus and illnesses got in the way, but I'm better now! (Mostly.)

I hope you enjoyed reading this, and that I got it the way you wanted it.

Ciao for now!