Just The Three of Us ~ Sterling Shephard for Felicity {thatonegirl0708}

thatonegirl0708

From the first time the doctor placed you in my arms,

I knew I'd meet death before I'd let you meet harm

~Will Smith

~~~~~

"Felicity! Baby, I'm home!"

I look towards the door as soon as Sterling steps inside, sending me a wink. I struggle to stand up from the couch, and Sterling rushes over to help me up, rubbing my back soothingly.

"What do you want for dinner? I can make-"

He holds up a hand, causing me to stop talking. In his other hand, he holds up a large bag of Olive Garden. I practically drool at the sight of it.

"The boys and I went to Olive Garden for lunch, so I thought I'd bring home some leftovers." He walks into the kitchen, placing the bag on the island. I watch him scamper around the kitchen, rummaging through the cupboards until he finds what he's looking for.

Sterling sees me watching him and shakes his head, laughing a little. He pushes me back down on the couch, wagging his finger.

"Not in my house!" He teases, planting a kiss on the top of my head. "Chill here while I go get the food. What do you want? I have Chicken and Gnocchi and Chicken Margherita."

I roll my eyes. "That's a no brainer." Sterling holds his hands up in defense.

"Chicken Margherita it is."

"That's what I thought," I say as Sterling laughs, walking back into the kitchen. I hear the microwave open and close and shuffling around.

"Felicity! What do you want to drink?"

"Do we have any mango juice?" I hear more shuffling in the kitchen, and before I know it, a large plate of Chicken Margherita and a glass of mango juice is resting on the coffee table in front of me. I turn around to thank Sterling, but he jumps in the couch beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Here you are. A five course meal made by yours truly," he says, handing me a napkin. I shake my head, pecking him on the cheek.

"More like 'warmed up by yours truly'." I give the the stink eye before trying to lean forward. Sterling shakes his head at my pathetic actions.

"Felicity, babe, you're 9 months pregnant. Why on Earth would you try to-"

He doesn't get to finish his sentence.

I scream out in pain, clutching my stomach. Sterling stands up, racing up the stairs to our bedroom. He comes back in about a minute, baby bag in hand.

"Okay, Felicity. This is the real deal?" He asks. I nod, gritting my teeth and clutching his hand. Sterling keeps a firm hold on me as he leads me to the car, placing me in the passenger seat. He sprints around the front and gets in, making sure we're buckled in safely before pulling out and heading towards the hospital.

"Kylian, you're on your way bud."

~~~~~

"Mrs. Shepard, you need to start pushing right now."

My face wrinkles in pain as I push with all my might, squeezing the living hell out of Sterling's hand. He rubs the back of my hand with his thumb soothingly.

"Come on, Felicity. Just a few more pushes."

I heave in breaths, putting my head back. Sterling wipes the sweat from my face with a washcloth, sending me a strained smile.

"A few more pushes and you'll have your baby boy." The doctor sends me an encouraging smile, pushing back her brown hair. "You're doing very well, Felicity."

I look at Sterling in pain. He sends me a sad look.

"I know baby, I know. But before you know it, you'll be a mama. Come on baby girl, come on."

"Felicity, I need you to push right now."

I squeeze Sterling's hand hard, but he doesn't flinch at the pain. "Felicity, I can see the head. Just a couple more pushes, honey."

One more push.

I can do this.

I hear cries fill the room as I finally stop, slumping in the hospital bed. I'm exhausted, but my eyes fill with hot tears as they clean our baby boy. I meet Sterling's eyes, and he sends me a wink, kissing the top of my head.

"Felicity, you did it. I knew you could do it," he says, wiping my face off again. I send him a strained smile, moving the hair stuck to my face.

The doctor places him in my arms. "What would you like to name him?"

I look at Sterling, nodding.

"His name is Kylian Sterling Shepard," I reply, cradling him in our arms. Sterling touches the top of Kylian's head, and a smile spreads across his face.

I take a good, long look at Sterling's eyes, and his brown eyes are overflowing with tears.

The doctor smiles brightly at us, walking out of the room for a moment. Sterling leans down, capturing my lips in his.

"Felicity, I can never repay you enough for what you've done for me over these past nine months. God, I love you." Sterling's eyes are shining, and it takes all of my self control not to burst out crying.

"I love you too, Sterling. And Little Kylian of course," I reply, kissing the top of Kylian's sleeping head.

Sterling places a hand on my shoulder, massaging it gently.

"It's just the three of us. No one will come between us."

I smile up at Sterling.

"Just the three of us."

~~~~~

Hi Felicity {thatonegirl0708}! I hope you enjoyed reading your imagine, and I'm very sorry for the late update!

Thank you all for reading! :{)