I'll Be There ~ Julian Edelman for Carmina {giggleslukey}

giggleslukey

I'll reach out my hand to you

I'll have faith in all you do

Just call my name

And I'll be there

~ Jackson 5

~~~~~

"Carmina! Look!"

I look in the direction of the voice, and their finger points toward a figure walking across the field. Squinting my eyes a little, I smile as I realize that my boyfriend has finally arrived.

I finish stretching quickly before jogging over to Julian. His arms are spread out wide as I run into them, resting my head on his chest.

"You said you'd be here a little after the game started," I say as I pull away. He gives me a cheeky grin, pecking my lips.

"How could I miss seeing the star player? Who knows what time I would've been here if Coach hadn't called off practice." He replies. His arms wrap around my torso, holding me close to him.

My focus drifts away to the rival team's bus. They walk off one by one, almost like an assembly line. Their spotless cleats become dirty as they walk across the muddy field, going to their locker room.

"Is that your rival team?" Julian asks. I nod, eyeing them down as they file inside.

"Some of them are hot."

I slap Julian in the arm, clearly unamused. He rubs his arm, pouting. "Babe, I was just kidding."

"Mmhmm," I reply. "Just go find a seat and get ready for the game of a lifetime."

~~~~~

The game is going great so far, and we're up 2-0. The ball is passed to me, and I'm heading toward the goal, getting ready to strike.

Before I know it, however, I'm tripped, and I land on my ankle, clutching it tightly.

My coaches and fellow teammates crowd around me, making sure I'm okay. A sideline physician {?} jogs over, carrying a larger than normal first aid kit.

"Where does it hurt?" He asks. I gesture to my ankle as I grit my teeth, trying not to yell in pain. He grips my ankle, moving it around a little. I yelp in pain, trying to pry my leg away.

"You definitely sprained it, but I don't know if you broke it yet. We'll have to take you back to the locker room and check you out." Some teammates and the physician get ready to pick me up, but before they can, another figure sweeps me off of my feet, holding me bridal style.

I look at Julian teary eyed as he kisses my forehead. He follows the physician back inside the locker room as I wrap my arms around his neck, resting my head on his shoulder.

~~~~~

"Well, you sprained it, all right," the doctor says as he pulls off his glasses, rubbing his eyes. "I'll go get a prescription ready. Until then, keep your leg elevated." I nod my thanks as he walks out of the room, heading toward his office. I turn to face Julian, giving him a small smile as he continues to rub comforting circles on my back.

"Jules, it really hurts," I whine, tears forming in my eyes. He gives me a sympathetic smile, kissing my forehead.

"Shh baby. I know it hurts."

He helps me up, taking a seat on my previous chair. He pulls me back down on his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I lean back into his touch. He holds me tight until the doctor comes back in.

Handing me a sheet, he takes off his glasses, rubbing his temples. "You're free to go."

I look at the field filled with soccer players as Julian carries me to his car. I look at him puppy-dog style, poking out my bottom lip. Julian chuckles, strapping me in securely with the seatbelt.

"Carmina, baby, please don't do this. I'll feel even worse than I already do," he says, placing a kiss on my forehead. I pout as he shuts the passenger door, jogging around to the side.

He puts the car in drive without a word, and he pulls out into the road. I yawn as the half hour journey to our apartment envelopes me, causing me to fall into a deep slumber.

~~~~~

I wake up to a plate filled with a cheeseburger and fries sitting on the coffee table in front of me.

"Jules?"

I look around, trying to find the familiar bearded face of my boyfriend. I jump in surprise when a low voice behind me speaks in my ear.

"Looking for me?"

I push him away, narrowing my eyes at him. He chuckles as he walks back over to me, pulling me into his lap. Picking up the cheeseburger, he aims it at my mouth.

"Here comes the train! Choo-choo!"

I open my mouth as wide as can be as he lands the cheeseburger in the correct spot. I take a big bite, moaning at how the taste attacks my taste buds.

"In-N-Out?"

He nods, grinning. I open my mouth again, and before I know it, the entire plate of food is gone and happily digesting in my stomach.

"Jules, I don't deserve you," I blurt out. He looks at me, a surprised expression on his face.

"Carmina, what on earth do you mean?"

I look down, all of a sudden becoming shy. "It's just that, you do so much for me. Sometimes I feel like I'm not as good as a girlfriend as you are a boyfriend."

He pauses the sports documentary he's watching and turns me around in his lap, forcing me to face him.

"You're right; you're not a good girlfriend."

I look down at the floor, trying to ignore any signs of tears spilling out of my eyes.

"You're an amazing girlfriend. For all I know, I have no fucking clue how you've stuck with me this long. No one except for my family ever has! You're the best in every way possibly, and I think that I'm not good enough for you."

He pulls me in for a sweet kiss, smiling into it the whole way through.

When we pull away, I stare into his crystal blue eyes, resting my forehead on his.

"Thank you for taking care of me, baby."

"Thank you for sticking with me this long."

~~~~~

Heyyo Carmina {giggleslukey}! Your imagine is finally up! I'm sorry for it being up so late, but Wattpad wouldn't let me publish anything. I hope you're not too mad...:(

Anyways, thanks for reading! :)