Don't Underestimate Me - Richard Sherman for Aria {legionsofboom}

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my Wonderwall
-Oasis

~~~~~

"Aria! Get over here!" Coach Carroll shouts at me. Taking off my headset, I grab my clipboard before rushing over to him.

"Yes Coach?"

He places a hand on my back. "I need you to talk to them over there. They're not taking today's practice seriously." I nod, and turn to start to the benches when Coach shouts, "Make them pay Aria!"

My face burns red as I make my way over. Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, and Richard Sherman are talking and laughing about God knows what. They all look my way as I approach them.

"Well, if it isn't little miss thang herself. How ya doin' Aria?" Russell greets as he pulls me into a hug. Marshawn gives me a small smile, and Richard just smirks at me, looking me up and down like I'm baby back ribs on the fourth of July.

"Well, Coach Carroll isn't too happy with you guys just goofing off over here."

Russell and Marshawn nod, but Richard is still smirking. I look at him, narrowing my eyes.

"Wipe that smirk off of your face, Sherman. I don't have time for your antics."

Richard raises an eyebrow. "Oh, cute and feisty? I've got more work to do than I expected."

My nostrils flare in anger. "I'm not some toy you can play around with Sherman! Nor will I ever be! So keep your horny ass to yourself!"

With that, I walk away, leaving an open-mouthed Richard Sherman to stare at the back of my head.

~~~~~

I'm watching film and writing down notes when a knock sounds at my office door. Pausing the video, I get up to open it and I'm met face to face with the one and only Richard Sherman.

I groan in annoyance. "What do you need, Sherman?"

He laughs and scratches the back of his neck. "I was- I mean, the guys and I were wondering if you'd like to get some drinks with us. To celebrate our new assistant coach, of course. What do you say?"

I contemplated this thought for a moment. Dinner with Rich-I mean, the guys wouldn't be so bad.

"Sure. Just let me pack up a few things. I'll meet you guys in the parking lot."

"Do you mind if I wait for you? So we could walk out together, I mean?"

I raise an eyebrow in question. He goes wide eyed, just realizing what he said. "I mean, there's a lot of bad guys out there and-"

I laugh at his nervousness. "I highly doubt a bunch of softies like you guys would attack me. But whatever, you can stay."

He breaks out into a grin and looks around my office. He admires the plaques, trophies, and ribbons I have chilling in here. His eyes stop on a team picture.

"Umm, why am I circled? Do I annoy you that much that you had to be able to point me out at any time?"

I freeze in my spot. I bet you can already guess why I have him circled.

"Uhh...no...it's not for that reason."

"Then what is the reason?"

I break out into a minor cold sweat as he approaches me. He leans over my shoulder, and my breath hitches.

"Is it because little miss sassy thinks I'm attractive?"

I blush a deep red. "Something along the lines of that," I mumble.

He looks astonished for a second, then his mouth splits into a wide grin. "Thank goodness you return my feelings! I almost gave up on you."

"And why is that?" I ask as I turn around to face him.

He laughs bitterly. "You play too hard to get, Miss Aria. Usually I'd be able to sweep any girl I liked off their feet in a matter of seconds, but you were a challenge."

I give him a smile. "I'm just someone who doesn't give in too easily. Things have happened in past relationships that cause me to keep my guard up. I guess I'm just looking for that perfect guy."

"Would you give me a chance?"

He looks at me sincerely, and I almost faint at the sight of his sexy face.

"Ok. I'll give you a chance. You have to prove yourself to me though. Especially after this morning."

He blushes a little. "Oh, right. I'm sorry about that. You're just so gorgeous I got carried away."

I sock him in the shoulder, before linking my arm with his. "Let's just go, you doofus."

~~~~~

A humongousaur thanks to Aria {legionsofboom} for requesting! I really got into this scenario tbh... I kinda made Richard act like a douche in the beginning. I really hope you enjoyed it!