Marry Me ~ Drew Brees for Malena {breesxrodgers}

A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I wanna be with you

Wake up every morning with you in my bed 

That's precisely what I plan to do

~ Jason Derulo

~~~~~

"Malena, babe, are you sure you'll be okay here?"Drew asks while putting his basketball shorts on. Malena nods, yawning loudly. Drew smiles at his girlfriend before leaning down, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll be back soon," Drew whispers in her ear. He receives a small snore in response, signaling that his girlfriend has fallen asleep. Drew opens and closes the door quietly, careful not to wake her up again. He descends down the stairwell to meet his coach, Sean Payton, in the hotel lobby. He wipes his hands on his basketball shorts subconsciously before walking over to Sean.

"Hey Coach Payton," Drew greets. Sean nods, pushing a glass of wine towards him. Drew gladly accepts it, taking a small sip. Sean pulls out a tablet, placing it on the table. Drew swallows his wine, shifting his attention to it.

"Here are your plays for tomorrow. You might want to relax a little bit; we'll be here for quite a while."

Drew sighs a little; all he wanted to do right now was cuddle with Malena and fall asleep.

He nods, and he begins to listen to the droning of Coach Payton's voice.

~~~~~

"Brees, you better win this thing tomorrow!" Sean says as Drew walks him outside to his car. Drew chuckles a little bit, scratching the back of his neck.

"I'll try my best, man, I really will." 

Sean and Drew finally make it to their destination, and Sean unlocks his car, opening the driver's door. He's about to get in when he slams it shut, facing Drew.

"What's up?"

Sean claps a hand on Drew's shoulder, squeezing it a little. Drew raises an eyebrow at his coach's actions.

"Uhh, coach, is there something else I should know before tomorrow?"

"This isn't any of my business, but when do you plan to propose to Malena?"

This question slaps Drew in the face; he didn't think Sean would've paid attention to that kind of thing. A blush rises to his cheeks, and he looks down, kicking a rock across the parking lot.

"I-I don't know, actually. I was thinking of doing it soon, but-"

"But nothing!" Sean stomps his foot. Drew looks at him bewildered, wondering why he is so serious about this question.

"You obviously love this girl! I can tell just by the way you look at her; everytime she comes into the training facility, your face breaks out into a wide smile. If a girl can make you smile just by walking into the same room, she's the one.

"And I'm not just saying this because I feel like you should be married at your age; hell, there are tons of quarterbacks in the league that still aren't married. I'm just saying to do it before she feels like the relationship is going nowhere. You've been together for six years, and honestly, I think Malena wants to get married."

Drew stares at him in disbelief. 

But everything he said has a point. 

Drew clears his throat, thinking about what Sean had said. "I'm just nervous as hell. Like what if she says no? What if I screw up the proposal? What if-"