Iris ~ Aaron Rodgers for Monica {monicaaamelo}

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
When sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight
~Goo Goo Dolls

~~~~~

I walk into my house that I share with my husband, Aaron Rodgers. As I flip the light switch on, I see Aaron sitting at the dining room table quietly, looking at the newspaper.

"Hey baby," I say and lean down, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. He grimaces, and I look at him in confusion. He looks at me, not amused. Then, he stands up.

"So this is what you do when I'm not around?" He quietly says, teary eyed. I place a hand on his shoulder.

"What are you talking about Aaron? What do you-"

He removes my hand from his shoulder with one harsh movement of his hand. Then, he slams the paper into my hands.

"This is what I'm talking about! After all theses years we've been together, you go waste it on Randall? Do you even care about this relationship?" He shouts at me. I turn away from him, and my eyes scan the front of the newspaper.

Randall Cobb and Monica Rodgers seen spending some time together last Saturday! What does Aaron think about this? More on page 3!

I throw the newspaper on the floor. I spent time with Randall on Saturday to find something for his birthday. I figured he would know what Aaron would like.

"The only reason I went out with Randall was to-"

"You even admit to going out with him! Am I not good enough for you?"

I try to rest my hand on his arm, but he jerks his arm away, looking at me in disgust. I send him a pleading look, but all I see is anger and sadness in his eyes.

"I'm going out," he says as he pulls on his shoes. He doesn't look at me as he walks out the front door. I sink to the floor as he slams the door shut.

~~~~~

I wake up with a start. Rubbing my eyes, I look up to see Aaron locking the front door. He turns, and goes wide eyed. I sit up. He sighs and walks over to me. I scoot over a little bit to make some more room.

"Look, Monica, about what I did earlier-"

"Are you gonna actually give me a chance to explain this time? Or are you just going to assume you know everything like you always do?" I hiss at him. He runs a hand through his hair, and scratches his stubble.

"Monica, listen, I should've let you talk, ok? I'm sorry." He looks down into his lap. I place my hand on top of his, and he looks into my eyes.

"I would never, EVER cheat on you." I whisper.

"I know. Randall told me everything. Once I heard what really happened, I drove here right away. Do you forgive me?"

I look away from him. "Aaron, I don't know."

"Please, Monica. I don't want to lose you." His voice cracks and his eyes fill to the brim with tears. A few spill out, running down his cheeks.

"Monica, I'll do anything! I'll do whatever you want! Please don't let me lose you, I'll, I'll-"

I cut him off by shushing his endless flow of words with my index finger.

"I forgive you, Aaron," I whisper with a smile. His eyes light up, and his tears vanish almost instantly. He wraps his strong arms around me, and I lean into his embrace, taking in his sweet smelling aroma.

Aaron pulls away, studying my face for a second. "I'll never do something like that again. I cross my heart and hope to get pied."

I give him a funny look. "Don't you mean 'I cross my heart and hope to die'?"

"Yeah, but I don't wanna die anytime soon. I have to live an amazing life with you first."

I blush at his comment.

"Shut up you dork."

~~~~~

Holy crap on bricks Monica {monicaaamelo}! I'm so sorry this is really late being put up, but thanks for requesting this imagine! I really hoped you like reading this! :{)

Requests are always open! Thanks for reading you cool people you~