Locked Away ~ Julian Edelman for Desiree {bigcitydreamer895}

*TRIGGER WARNING ~ RELATIONSHIP ABUSE*

~~~~~

If I got locked away

And we lost it all today

Tell me honestly

Would you still love me the same?

~R. City ft. Adam Levine

~~~~~

I look at my reflection in the mirror. Lifting my shirt up, I stare at the various bruises and lacerations littering my torso. Sighing, I walk into the bathroom, turning on the sink.

I watch the cool water run out of the faucet, considering whether or not I should tell Julian. 

As I'm washing my face, I hear the doorbell. Wiping my face and hands with a washcloth, I bound down the steps, flinging the door open.

I wrap my best friend, Julian Edelman, into a bone-crushing hug. He chuckles, pulling away.

"Hey Desi-"

His warm smile falters, and his blue eyes display sadness. His hand makes its way onto my right cheek, caressing it softly.

I lean into his touch.

"Desiree, who did this?" He asks, his voice breaking at the end. I look down at the ground.

His thumb lightly brushes over the bruise, and I wince slightly.

"Desiree, was it Lucas?" He asks. I look at him pleadingly, silently asking him not to do anything.

His jaw clenches. "So it was that bastard! Why did he do this, and why on earth would you stay with him?!" Julian asks, fuming.

I don't say a word.

"Answer me!" He booms. I cower back in fear, afraid of what he'll do to me.

Julian's facial expression turns to one of remorse. He runs a hand through his hair in frustration. I pay attention to his every movement as he approaches me.

Tears form in my eyes as I sink to the floor.

Julian sits next to me, wrapping me securely in his arms.

We stay that way for a while.

I finally calm down, looking up at Julian. His gaze meets mine, and I can clearly see the pain, sorrow, and anger that have overtaken his usual nature.

"Desiree, please promise me you'll never go back to that son of a bitch," he whispers. "He can't hurt you again. Please, for the love of God."

"I promise," I reply.

He holds out his pinkie, and I happily link mine with his.

"I won't break this promise," I say softly. Julian nods, giving me a strained smile.

He holds me in his arms.

This is what safety feels like, I tell myself.

This is how it's always supposed to be like.

~~~~~

Hi there Desiree {bigcitydreamer895}! I really hope you liked your imagine {you requested one with bae oh my lanta}! It was a lot different and more melancholy than I was going to do, but I hope that's okay with you! Your Rob one is on the way!

Thanks so much for reading, and I really hope none of you guys reading this are dealing with relationship abuse IRL. I'm always here to talk
:{)