Daddy-Daughter Day ~ Aaron Rodgers for Vrishini {srizi_101}

Isn't she pretty

Truly the angel's best

Boy I'm so happy

We have been heaven blessed

I can't believe what God has done

Through us he's given life to one

But isn't she lovely

Made from love

~Stevie Wonder

~~~~~

I silently gag at the sight of my parents practically doing the deed on the kitchen counter. I cover my little brother's eyes. When they pull away, I look at my dad expectantly. He gives me a sheepish smile, and I roll my eyes.

"Take care of her, Aaron," my mom shouts from the kitchen.

My mom and dad came up with the bright idea of having a daddy-daughter day out. 

I cringed at the idea, but eventually, I agreed to it.

My dad gives mom a kiss peck on the cheek before putting on his coat. My mom gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Vrishini, please be good to your dad. I know he's hard to understand sometimes, but he means well."

She gives me an encouraging pat on the back before pushing me out the door. I see dad waving at me from the driver's seat, patting the passenger seat next to him.

I sigh to myself before getting in the car. 

Today's gonna be a long day.

~~~~~

Dad pulls up to the nearest movie theater. I look at him questioningly.

"Aren't we going to the mall?" I ask him. He looks at me as if I'd back handed him across the face.

"Honey, does it look like I know what I'm doing when I go shopping? I don't get your Infinity 21 and Hollistore!"

I mentally face palm. "Forever 21 and Hollister."

"Those too! Now come on!" He unlocks the doors, running out like a child. I follow behind him.

"Two tickets to..." He trails off, looking at all the movie posters. 

I scowl at the new movie posters.

Dad and I have always been fans of older movies. 

My eyes land on one, and I smile.

"Two tickets to The Outsiders, please," I say to the cashier. She sends us a smile before handing us the tickets.

"Theater 3. Enjoy your movie, Mr. Rodgers. You too, miss." 

I give her a small smile before walking inside. Dad gets in line to get popcorn and snacks.

"Go pick us a seat, and I'll meet you there," he whispers. I nod. 

Walking into Theater 3, I see that it's packed. I apologize to numerous people as I walk over them. I finally find a seat, placing my bag in the other one for dad.

I hear people sitting down behind me, whispering. Before I know it, I feel a tap on my shoulder.

Turning around, I see one of the most attractive guys I've ever seen. He sends me a smile, and I almost melt. 

"Hey, my name's Austin," he whispers. He smiles again, and I return the favor.

"Vrishini," I reply. 

"What are doing here all alone? Someone like you should never be alone."

I laugh at his attempt at trying to be smooth. "Actually, I'm here with-"

I'm cut off by my dad sitting down next to me abruptly. "She's here with me buddy, so don't try anything pretty boy." He hands me the bowl of popcorn without another word. He faces the screen, waiting for the movie to start. I hear mumbling behind me.

"She's not even that pretty."

"She's probably a little whore."

"She can't even get a date to the movies, so she has to bring her dad."

I clench onto my soda cup, trying to focus on the movie. I look at dad, and his face is turning red. He taps his foot impatiently.

Austin taps his shoulder. "Hey, old man, keep it down. Some of us here are trying to watch the movie."

That makes dad snap.

He takes his Pepsi and pours it over Austin's head. Austin stands up as the cold liquid runs down his body, soaking his clothes. 

"What the fuck man?" He spits at dad. Dad grabs his collar, lifting him off of the ground. He pulls Austin closer to him.

"If I EVER hear those words about my daughter come out of your filthy mouth, I'll make sure it's the last thing you ever say. Who do you think you are, trying to get with my daughter?! You don't ever respect women!" He places him down harshly, causing Austin to fall on the floor. He looks up at my dad in fear. 

Dad grabs my hand, leading me out of the theater. We walk to the car. He opens the door for me, letting me get settled inside before slamming the door. He walks to the driver's side, repeating his process. He places his hands on the steering wheel.

"Baby, I'm sorry-"

I cut him off with a hug, resting my head against his chest.

"I love you Daddy. Thank you for standing up for me. I have no idea what I'd do without you," I mumble into his chest. He rubs my back soothingly.

"I love you too, baby girl. Never forget that."

~~~~~

Holy poop Vrishini {srizi_101}! This took forever to put up, and I apologize deeply for that. I'm also sorry for the crappy ending...anyways, I hope you enjoyed it! :{)

Thanks so much for reading!