I'm Just a Jealous Guy ~ Luke Kuechly for Zoe {zofill1011}

I'm sorry that I made you cry

Oh my, I didn't want to hurt you

I'm just a jealous guy

~ John Lennon

~~~~~

I silently sit at the table that Luke had reserved for dinner the previous night before. Glancing at my phone, I sigh as I realize it's been twenty minutes since Luke was due to arrive.  Sinking into my chair, I poke at my lone breadstick with my fork.

"You got stood up too?"

Looking up, I meet the brown eyes of a man. He gives me a smile, and I return the gesture. 

"My boyfriend was supposed to arrive twenty minutes ago, but I don't know what happened," I reply, stabbing the poor breadstick relentlessly.

"May I sit?" He gestures to the lone chair in front of me. I nod, causing him to flash me a bright smile before sitting down.

"What's your name?" I ask, trying to start a conversation. He grabs the wine glass, examining it carefully before replying.

"Ethan. And yours?"

"Zoe."

We chat for quite some time, asking about each other's occupations and hobbies. I try not to be nosy, but eventually, the urge to ask him what happened tonight.

"You say you got stood up? By who?" I ask casually. He sends me an amused look, and my eyes widen before I say, "If you would like to tell me. Sorry, I feel like I'm prying."

He takes a sip of the red wine, eyeing me suspiciously. "No, no, it's okay. I had met this guy at the library yesterday, and he gave me his number. He told me to meet him here at eight, and now it's," he pauses, looking at his watch, "nine thirty-three. So by nine I figured it was too good to be true, and that's how I ended up talking to a lovely lady like you." He sends me a wink, and I blush a little.

"I'm sorry that this happened to you," I reply, grabbing his hand from across the table. "Do you need a ride home? I'll be glad-"

"She'll be glad if you leave so her boyfriend could take a seat."

Ethan and I turn our heads, and my eyes widen as I come face to face with a fuming Luke Kuechly. Ethan sends me a nervous smile before getting up, shaking m hand.

"Nice to meet you Zoe. I'll see you around?" I nod, and Ethan gives Luke a polite nod before returning to his lone table. Luke sits down across from me, and his face is red in anger. 

"Who the hell was that?" He whisper-shouts. I roll my eyes at his jealously. "Well? I don't need your attitude at the moment, Zoe. I would just like to know why the woman who's supposed to be my girlfriend was flirting with another guy right in front of my face?"

I look at him shocked. "Luke, I wasn't flirting. He-"

"You weren't flirting my ass! You were holding his hands!" Luke shouts, causing multiple eyes in the restaurant to land on us. 

"Luke calm down. You're drawing attention to-"

Luke slams his fists on the table. "Calm down?! Really? How am I supposed to be calm when my girlfriend is a cheating slut!"

The entire restaurant goes silent as I stand up, grabbing my purse and clutch. 

"For your information, Luke, he came over to me because my amazing boyfriend left me waiting for over thirty minutes! He actually kept me company when I thought I got stood up!" I throw my water in his face before continuing. "Lastly, he's gay!"

With that, I storm out of the restaurant, hailing a cab in no time. 

~~~~~

The cab takes me home. I pay him before stepping out into the brisk evening air. Unlocking the front door, I walk inside only to have my eyes practically fall out of my head.

In the dining room stands a sheepish looking Luke Kuechly, standing in front of a table full of food. He grabs my hand, leading me to the table. Pulling out a chair out for me, I take a seat, silently thanking him. He kneels down in front of me, resting one of his hands on my thigh. 

"Zoe, babe, I'm sorry for acting up in the restaurant. I didn't mean to go off on you, and I apologize for calling you a cheating slut. I should've known better than for you to cheat on me. I'm such a bastard, he shakes his head, causing his dark curls to bounce all over the place. 

"Luke, did you do this all by yourself?"

He looks down. "I asked mom for her recipe for spaghetti, so I tried to follow her directions the best I could. Unfortunately, the spaghetti's overcooked, the breadsticks are a little burnt, and-"

I cut him off with a passionate kiss. Once I pull away, I ruffle his hair, causing him to laugh a little. 

"You went to all this trouble just to make dinner?"

He nods, looking down at the wood floor. I place my hands on either side of his face, cupping his cheeks. 

"You tried your best just for me, and with that, I forgive you," I reply, giggling. He stands up before picking me up, spinning me around in a hug. 

"Ready to eat?" He says excitedly, spooning a large portion of spaghetti onto my plate. I twirl my fork around the noodles before placing it in my mouth, chewing for a while. 

"Luke, it's actually not that bad," I say after swallowing.

"Really?"

"No. It's actually really bad!" I say before sprinting out the room. I hear him shout something before following me.

"You're going to get it!"

~~~~~

Hi there Zoe {zofill1011}! I hope you enjoyed your imagine! Apologies for it not being up sooner!

Thank you so much for reading!