At Last ~ Odell Beckham, Jr. for Aaniyah {mrswade3}

At last

My love has come along

My lonely days are over

And life is like a song

~Etta James

~~~~~

I smooth out my veil as my best friend adds the finishing touches of highlight on my face. She glances at me in the mirror, meeting my eyes. I send her a small smile, and she returns the favor brightly.

"You excited, Aaniyah? Fucking Odell Beckham! If I was in your position right now, I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs," she says, causing me to laugh.

I play with my hands as she claps her hands, standing back.

Her hands find their way to my shoulders, and tears fill her eyes.

"Girl, you look absolutely beautiful." She pulls me in for a hug. "I can't wait to see his reaction."

I squeeze her into another bear hug, enjoying each other's presence until the door opens. My dad walks in with a giant smile on his face.

"You ready to go, Aaniyah?" My dad asks. I nod, picking up my dress to get off of the platform. My friend walks behind me, grabbing the train of my dress. I link arms with my dad as he leads me out of the room to the commons area of the venue.

My friend squeezes my hand before making her way to the other bridesmaids. I send her a nervous smile, and she gives me a thumbs up, making her way to the front.

John Legend's sultry voice fills the entire venue as the bridesmaids and groom's men begin walking. I nervously rock back and forth in my heels; my dad pulls me into a hug, calming me down a little.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please stand. The bride has arrived."

The large doors open, revealing me and my dad. He links his arm with mine, taking the first step down the aisle.

I look up, seeing my best friend smiling brightly at me. My eyes drift throughout the crowd, and I send my mother a reassuring smile.

Looking up at the front, my eyes lock with the love of my life.

And it seems like he's crying a little bit.

I take a deep breath as we reach the altar, giving my dad one last hug and kiss on the cheek. Odell takes my hand in his, leading me up the steps.

We turn to face each other.

I give him a stink face, and he laughs nervously, wiping at his eyes.

The ceremony goes by smoothly, and finally, it's time to exchange our vows.

Odell urges me to go first, nervously chewing on his bottom lip.

I take a deep breath.

"Odell, when I met you two years ago, I couldn't believe my eyes. Not only are you insanely gorgeous, you're such a kind and caring person. I'm so grateful for you. Out of all of the girls in this world, you chose me. You're always there for me, through thick and thin. We have our ups and downs of course, but it's all part of the process. Let's grow old together!" I finish, smiling widely. Odell laughs a little, smiling.

He wipes his hands on his pants, clearing his throat.

"Jesus, where do I even start with you, Aaniyah? Two years ago I saw you walking into the stadium, fiddling with your camera and things. I honestly sprinted over to help you, and when we locked eyes, I knew that you had to be mine. Now here we are, finally. I finally had the balls to get down on one knee and propose to the woman of my dreams. I know that sometimes I'm difficult, and annoying, and stupid, and I honestly have no idea how you've decided to stick by me all this time. You're at every single home game, cheering me on somewhere in the stands. Whenever I get hurt, you're always there, patching me up. I'll never forget that day you almost tackled some girl to the ground for saying that I was horrible. Sometimes I think I don't deserve you."

He grabs my hands in his, smiling a little.

"I want to grow old together with you, Aaniyah. I love you, baby girl. Don't ever forget that."

Odell's hand caresses my face as the pastor says to kiss the bride. He wipes my tears away with his thumb, pulling me in for a mind blowing kiss.

Everyone stands up, clapping and hollering.

Odell and I stay like that for a while before breaking away. He lifts me up in his arms, carrying me down the steps and through the aisle.

Flower petals rain down on us as we laugh, smiling at each other before our lips touch for a second time.

And definitely not the last time.

~~~~~

Hello Aaniyah {mrswade3}! I hope you enjoyed your imagine! Apologies for it being quite short and extremely late! 

Thank you all so much for reading!