If I Didn't Have You ~ Odell Beckham, Jr. for Kelsey {amenbrola}

amenbrola

You are my heart, every breath I breathe

I'm safe in your arms, you rescue me

When I'm weak, you're strong

If you were gone I don't know where I'd be

You were made for me

~Thompson Square

~~~~~

"Get it done boy!"

Kelsey jumps up and down on the field as Odell executes his end zone dance. The Giants offense and defense swarm around him like a pack of dogs and he's the last piece of meat in the entire world.

Kelsey's about to make her way over to the huddle when Eli wraps an arm around her shoulders. She looks up at him, and he has a giant smile etched across his face.

"Sorry I couldn't pass to my favorite receiver," he 'apologizes.' Kelsey chuckles, socking him in the arm.

"I think I can forgive you for now," she replies, faking a pout. Eli pulls her into a hug before patting her helmet and running towards the huddle.

She follows after him, hoping to at least catch Odell before he's dragged away to interviewers and such.

She's about 20 yards away when something races toward her at full force.

Turning around, the last thing she remembers is a figure slamming her into the goal posts, causing her to smack her head against the goal post.

She immediately blacks out.

~~~~~

The sirens are blaring as an ambulance pulls into the parking lot of MetLife Stadium. Odell watches in agony as he witnesses his soon-to-be girlfriend being loaded into the back of the ambulance. Tears form in his eyes, spilling over and splattering on the pavement.

An EMT walks over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. Her smile is sympathetic.

"Would you like to ride in the back with her? I'm sure she'd like it."

Odell nods, a strained smile framing his facial features. He climbs in, taking a seat on one of the benches. Placing his head in his hands, he sighs deeply.

"Please, Lord, let this all be over."

The EMT woman places a hand on his back, rubbing it in small circles.

"She'll be okay, I promise."

Odell looks at her, tears still shining in his radiant brown eyes. "You promise?" He holds out a pinkie. The EMT woman gladly links hers with his, signaling a promise that will not be broken.

"I promise."

Odell gives her a small smile as he looks down at the floor. The ambulance has just pulled out of the parking lot, starting the long trek to the hospital.

Looking at the stretcher, Odell reaches a hand out, caressing her jawline. Running a thumb across her cheek, he manages another smile.

"You'll wake up, baby. This is my promise to you."

~~~~~

2 weeks.

It's been that long since Kelsey was admitted into the hospital.

Odell visits her everyday, hoping one day to walk in and see her beautiful smile.

He has her hand in his, rubbing his thumb across the back of his. His prayers are barely audible, just above a whisper barely. Eyes close, he recites the prayers he's known ever since he was young.