The New Girl

Liam POV

----------

"Are you sure ya want to go alone?" Zayn asked His hand rested on my shoulder. I shrugged it off. "Yeah. I am fine. I just need time to myself." Ellie, Natalie, and Perries eyes were full of worry. Or pity. Probably pity. "Where's Niall and Mady?" Harry asked My pathetic heart skipped at her name. Too bad she does do the same for me. I tugged on my jacket. I stared into the mirror displease with my reflection.

"They are at Madyson's parents for some important news." Natalie said smiling up at Harry. My eyes glanced to the others reflected in the mirror. The way she stared at him lovingly. He didn't even noticed how she smiled at him. The look she gave him was so powerful. Lou pushed Harry's shoulder. A smile cracked his skin. Harry smiled back. Natalie's smile became bigger as Harry smiled making his dimples deepen. Ellie's eyes found Lou.

I am done. I fixed my hair and stared into the mirror once more. "I am going. I will call on my way home." I walked out the door before anyone protested. The cold air slit my cheek. I shoved my hands in my pockets. I felt something. I pulled it out of my pocket. Yes. Headphones. I smiled at the stupid things never making me happier than now. I pushed them in and turned up my music. I was unstoppable. I watched as others passed by. I waved occasionally. But other wise I didn't do anything but walk.

My legs took me to Starbucks. I am in the mood for a drink. Damn a long line. Of course. I sighed and filed in line. Only 10 people in front of me. The line went by quickly. I was finally in front. "Hey can I get a Peppermint Hot Chocolate I guess." "OK SOUNDS GOOD SIR!" I looked up to see a girl laughing. "What?" She singled to my ear. I touched my ear to realize I still had my headphones in. I pulled them out. "Sorry. Did I yell?" "Yeah but it's fine. This place gets to quite anyways. I yell all the time. Everyone sorta got used to it." She shrugged "What size?" She added "Big?" I answered She giggled. I frowned but cracked a smile.

"Sorry I know what your talking about. It will be out soon." I paid and left. I stood by the counter to wait. I unbuttoned my jacket. Might as well stay for a while. It's too cold out. "No...I am sorry. I have been busy....No I haven't met anyone special... No. I will.... I do not want to met him... I can met people... I don't care... No! I can find a nice boy.... Mom. Stop... No I can find someone....Eventually.... Ok just stop... Mom please.... No... At starbucks... I AM NOT GOING TO HIT ON THE WORKERS!!! Mom please..... Did I say that too loud?... Whoops.... No... No... Yes... Maybe... Mom.... I will eventually!..." A girl had a bunch of books in her arms, her shoulder holding her phone, and almost on the ground. "I will call you back... No I do not want to meet him... No. He's gay.... Stop.... Yes. I don't care that I haven't dated anyone in 2 years... I am dating my books... That counts!... Yes it does... Dont judge me... Yes you are... Geez mom I don't know.... No. Good bye.. Love you too... Please stop... I am hanging up." She continued speaking on her phone.

The man had her drink ready but she didn't notice. "Ma'am. Ma'am. Ma'am." The man sounded irritated. I took the drink and tapped her shoulder. She turned and her books hit my hand. The drink fell on the ground. "I am so sorry sir. I didn't mean too. I will try to but you another. I am very sorry." She tried to adjust her books in her arms. "Um that's not mine. It was yours." I muttered "Oh. That's ok." She stared sadly at her puddle of a drink. "What did ya get?" "Peppermint hot chocolate." She answered slowly "Really? That's what I got. You can have mine." "No you paid for it. It's fine." "Really I have enough money to buy another. Trust me. Here let me help you." She glanced at her books then back at me. "Why?" "Because I want too." She arced her eyebrows. "Why?" "Because I owe you. Plus you seem really sweet." "Sorry I am not looking for a relationship." I chuckled "I am not hitting on you ma'am. I just want to help." "Well alright." She handed me a couple of books. "Lets go sit." I headed to the back of the shop to the couches. I set her books on a coffee table and sat down.

"Thanks. I am Taylor by the way." She plopped down on the couch. "Liam." I smiled. She smiled. Is that possible? She was quite beautiful. She had bright green eyes with dirty blond hair. Her hair reached her shoulders. It framed her face perfectly. She had dimples that were impossible to ignore. "Do you read?" "Yeah." I answered "Like?" I explained as her smile widened.

We ended up staying for 3 hours talking about books. "Your different Liam." She closed her last book. She took a sip of her hot chocolate. "How come?" "Well no one else tried to pretend they were interested in books for me. I am normally just very quite. Thanks." She smiled. Those dimples.... "I wasn't pretending love. I am actually interested." I smiled. She cheeks reddened. "I know I just met you and all but I would love to get to know you more." She smiled. My heart melted. "Really?" a stupid grin plastered across my face. "Yeah. Is that bad?" She laughed "No it's just that... Nevermind..." "What?" "I just didn't think you liked me." "You have a very good chance." She smiled "It's getting late. I should go home. It was nice meeting you Liam." "It was nice meeting you too Taylor. Have a good night. See you soon?" "You probably will. I will call you later." "I don't have your number." "You do now." She pulled out a pen. "Hand please." I reached out my hand. Her small hands wrote down numbers. "I am a terrible writer. Do you want me to just put it in your phone?" "No it's fine I will just give you mine."

She handed me her pen and her hand. I write down my number as she slapped her hand to her mouth. "Are you ok?" "Yes it's just ticklish!" She giggled. A smile slit my cheeks. "Your so cute." I stared at the ground. Your so cute? Shit! I looked up to her. Her eyes were golf balls. Her cheeks were a deep shade of pink. "What?" "Nothing." I answered too quickly "It's fine. Your cute too. Good night Liam." She picked up her books. "Do ya need help?" I asked "Please?" I nodded and picked them all up. We walked out of Starbucks and headed to her car. "This is it." She pointed to a little black car. "Where do I put them?" "The back of the car." I opened the door to see piles of books. She's a big reader. I laid them in nicely. "Thanks." "No problem." "Bye!" "Bye."

I walked off. I followed the sidewalk unknowing if I knew my way home. A car pulled up to my side. "Need a ride big guy?" Taylor asked I nodded. "Get in." She drove me home. She sang to the radio quietly. "Here?" She asked "Yep." I answered "Well I will see you later. Good night." "Thanks for the ride. Good night and you will." I waved as she drove off. I entered my house never having my heart beating so fast. Just a good day. Thank you for everything you do Starbucks. Thank you. I thought to myself. And authors and her annoying mom. Yeah that sounds about right....

-------------------------

Thanks for reading!!! What do y'all think about Taylor? Is she good for Liam? Is she better than Mady? What will happen?

-we_are_directioners_