Starbucks With Derek

"I am going to Starbucks today." I informed Niall "I would love some Starbucks princess but the boys and I were going out." "Oh that's okay. I was asked by a old friend." The air thickened. "Mae?" "No..." "Josh?" His words became rough. "No." "Then who?" He stared at me waiting. I don't know why I am being difficult. It's not like I am going to do anything. "Derek." "Who's that?"

"He's a old friend." "No shit. What's wrong with him?" "Nothing he just asked if I could meet up with him. He says it involves my future." "What if he try's to make a move?" "He wont. I am pretty sure he has a girlfriend." "What if he doesnt?! Or he's a cheater?!" "It doesn't matter. I am not going to do anything!" "I know but it makes me worried!" I took in a deep breath. I tried to relax. The air was thick. My eyes scanned his face.

"Well say something!" He blurted "Niall calm down. Its okay. We are just getting coffee. Trust me nothing will happen. Its nothing more than a conversation." I rubbed my temples. A sudden headache built. "He might not think it's just coffee!" "I don't care what he thinks. If he thinks it's more than that pathetic." "What?" He seemed to relax. "Niall I haven't seen him in person for a long time. We stopped talking completely a couple months back. If he thinks it more than that's sad. You can ignore someone for a whole and still think you still have a chance." "How did I?" "What?" "I ignored you for a while so you could have time to heal." "I know. But I am in love with you. An I still sorta talked to you then we always hung out. You didn't ignore me completely." He nodded.

"Well I trust you. I love you. Have fun but not too much. Do you want me to drop you off?" "No it's fine. I can use my car." "That thing is shitty." "I don't care." He laughed softly "I love you." I hugged him.

•••••••••••Starbucks••••••••••••••••••••

Where is he? I sat in Starbucks alone. Peoples conversations balanced though out the room. I glanced around the room. "Madyson?" I turned to a talk man. "Derek?" "It's you!" He held out his arms for a hug. I stood up and hugged him. He lifted me off my toes. His arms held me tightly.

I felt awkward. He set me down and sat across from me. "It's nice to see you again. Thank you for meeting me." "No it's no problem. It's nice to see you again you look different." He had dirty blond hair with grey eyes. He was pale. His dark clothes made up for it though. His hair was bieber old cut.

"So do you! What's up with the pink hair? I haven't seen you do that in a long time." "My friend and I did it. I love it." I smiled "Your friend?" "Yeah her name is Perrie. She's a total sweet heart. I love her." "That's good." He smiled brightly. "You got your braces off?No glasses too? No piercings? Guessing you grew up?" I laughed

"Yeah. I got my braces off a couple months back. I got contacts. Then those we getting old. I couldn't get anywhere without looking like a punk." I laughed "Well no that's not a good thing. At least you grew up." "Yeah. Its nice. What do you do now? Like a career?"

"I am trying to be a singer." "Really? I work for a professional music company. I do the production and making of it. Do you want to come show my boss? You could get a free ride." "That would he great but I would feel bad." "No really. That's what I wanted to talk about. I remembered you saying it and I already booked you a session on Monday." "Wow thanks for the warning."

He shrugged. "Do you want it?" "Well it's already booked. I guess so." "Great! This is really great. I am going to get a promotion if you do well. So do well." "Are you using me for a promotion?" "A little and to make your dream come true." "Sure. Am I allowed to bring others with me?" "What do you mean?" "To support me and stuff." "Yeah of course. Is one of thoughs people Natalie?" "Yes sir!" His face became red. "Is she single?" "Um no I am sorry." His smile faded but came back quickly. "Is she happy in her relationship?"

"She's engaged. They are getting married in August or June." His lips pushed together. "Oh. Okay. Well at least we can still be friends." His eyes became a dark foggy grey. "It's okay. You have someone else you should have. Natalie just isn't it." "Are you saying I should move on to someone better?" "No. Well yes. Natalie is a great girl but just not for you. There is some other girl out there who will be lucky to have you."

"I think I know who that is." His eyes sparkled once more. "That's good. Let me know how it goes with her." "I should get going. I will see you around. Actually Monday. Bye." I stood up to hug him. His hand rubbed my back but moved lower to my butt. "Derek?" "It's okay I know." "Please stop." I tried to pull away but he was pulling me closer. "Derek. Please stop." "Its fine I understand now." He kissed my ear. "Derek I have a boyfriend." His body tensed. "You do?" "Yeah. So please let go." His arms unlaced from my body.

He turned and pushed though the door. He ignored everything around him. As soon as he got in his car he was gone. Thank god. That was weird. The whole time it was weird. He seems different now. I shouldn't be alone with him for now on.

---------------------------------thanks for reading!!!! What do y'all think? Is Derek weird? Is he using Madyson? What will Niall say?

-we_are_directioners_