Chapter 3: Death

Thomas and I were going down along with the music and I felt strangely watched. Thomas was already drunk, and I was a bit tipsy, from the first drink I had... I never had alcohol before Once Thomas and I danced back up Thomas turned me around so that he could grind on me but once I was turned I met my brother's eyes. He shook his head and I didn't think twice before getting out of Thomas's hold. I walked up to my brother feeling my face heating up. My brother began walking and I trailed behind him knowing he was going to scold me... Edward stopped at some chairs and he sat. I mirrored his actions.

I couldn't look at him, I was really embarrassed.

He coughed breaking the awkward moment.

" Is that what you do every time you sneak out? " He asked in a horrified voice.

" No, that's the first time I even dance" I whispered.

I looked up to him. He seemed surprised.

" Man, if you weren't my sister, I would have been Thomas right there. Edward said astonished.

My eyes went wide, if I wasn't embarrassed enough his comment sent me to a new shade of red, on my face.

I saw my brother laugh and I did as well... I felt relief wash through me knowing he wasn't going to scold me...

Edward sighed afterwards.

" Tomorrow I'm leaving again, to finish school... "

I looked at the floor, I felt sad. I hated it when he was gone Marisa and my stepmother weren't the best to be around with.

" Don't be sad. I will visit soon! " Edward said, trying to cheer me up.

I gave him a small smile. " I'm gonna still miss you! " I confessed.

Edward embraced me and tried cheering me up the best he could. We stayed like that for a while...

" There's something I need to talk about, with you. " Edward said seriously.

I nodded, and he stood up and started to walk out to his car.

I followed.

Once we got to his car we leaned on it.

If he wanted to speak in private, it had to be important.

There was silence again.

" Scarlett, I wanted to let you know that if anything ever happens to me, I want you to always follow your dreams; there's gonna be times people will try to step on you, but you have to find the strength to fight back!! " Edward said.

I swallowed " Nothing is going to happen to you, right?" I asked with watery eyes.

He chuckled and hugged me.

" Dummy, what I mean is that I won't be always around... You know the company, and all will probably consume me, so I want you to be strong. " Edward explained.

I knew he was talking about my father and all of them, but I couldn't wave off the uneasy feeling I had in my chest...

" I promise, I will!" I looked into Edward's eyes.

" I promise, I will! " I repeated.

Edward kissed my forehead and I closed my eyes... This felt like a goodbye and I hated the feeling.

Just then we heard a cough and my brother leaned away.

" Hi, miss sorry to interrupt but I was sent to give this to you. " The chubby man informed...

I looked at him confused while he held towards me, some keys. I just stared, and he turned around towards a crane that was holding a motorcycle it was a dirt bike... I didn't like it very much, it was a pink color. I hated pink.