Chapter 80: Board members

Scarlett's POV

I woke up to sleeping on someone's chest. I looked up. Killian.

I then remembered falling asleep. I did the best I could to get off him. I can't believe I fell asleep, I had so much work to do.

I went over to my desk. It was four in the morning. Good!! I grabbed the bags Ariana had brought me and I started to organize the clothes inside the bathroom.

I immediately got dressed.

I started working on the offers so I could get deals signed.

After a while Ariana showed up. She eyed Killian but she didn't ask anything, just like she had promised to. I sent her to print out papers and to keep doing appointments for me.

No playing around I had to work hard to get Hayden.

I checked my phone. No messages.

I sent him another one.

I had to prove him I was going to bring him home!!

With that I began typing.

************************************

Killian's POV

************************************

I woke up to clickings on a computer.

I realized where I was.

I fell asleep on Scarlett. I looked around and I spotted her working on her computer and she had millions of papers on her desk. This was the Scarlett I liked. The one who fought back. Alec really did stitch her up.

I moved around but Scarlett never turned to look at me. I looked at her working, waiting for her to snap at me but I saw no emotions on her face.

I then realized that she was only doing things for Alec. If she hadn't known Alec she wouldn't have been here, gripping herself together.

Scarlett saw no one else except Alec.

Scarlett was a very hard working woman. Just because she didn't have much right now didn't mean she wouldn't in a future. I couldn't underestimate her.

This was something she had to do by herself. She needed something to keep her from breaking. I don't think I could ever take the broken Scarlett I saw last year.

I stood up. She would make it. She always did. I needed to keep my company in check. I would be right behind her!

I would watch her rise, get Alec and be happy. The baby and her were my purpose now. Alec would be included in my life.

I started walking out and I bumped into a woman.

"You are?" I asked.

"Ariana, Scarlett's secretary!" She held her hand out.

I shook it.

"Make sure to bring her breakfast and lunch!" I ordered.

She nodded. I took the elevator down. I would make sure she ate dinner.

I wouldn't underestimate Scarlett. I should start working as hard as her.

************************************

February 22,2027: Monday

************************************

Scarlett's POV

************************************

Almost a month without Hayden.

My mood had been the worst.