Chapter 114: Truth One

Nathaniel's POV
*********************

Scarlett and I froze for a few seconds.

Are you feeling the same urge to kiss? I wanted to ask her.

I needed air, she was toxic and I didn't want to blow things up I stood up and took a step back.

She swallowed a bit and retreated as well.

"Why didn't you tell me that day that Killian's daughter was alive?" Scarlett asked with a hoarse voice.

She leaned on the wall and I decided to sit back on the toilet.

"It didn't correspond me! I didn't want to look like the guy who looked desperate. Either way I don't think you would have believed me."

She looked down and her silence confirmed it.

Ouch.

I swallowed and I stole images of her appearance. Scarlett now had black dyed hair making her skin look paler. She was skinnier but was still the hottest woman I had ever known. Her curves where there, her breasts -

I bit my cheek and looked down.

Stop Nathaniel.

Scarlett was still that person I met at the bar except that I got to know her a bit and her heart was the most beautiful thing she had, even if she had been trying to act like the villain.

"Thank you!" Scarlett whispered finally.

I looked up at her. Without make up, Scarlett astonished me.

"For looking for me. For not saying anything, you're right I wouldn't have believed you and it was best I found out myself. At the end you were a gentleman!" Scarlett was looking at the floor.

That's what I wanted her to see me as.
We stayed there in silence.

I stood up and leaned on the counter while Scarlett was still leaning on the wall." Thank you for forgiving me. "

I licked my lips.

Don't blow things up!

Scarlett looked up at me. "I know it's going to be kind of hard to work on this project without personal things coming out but let's try to start from the beginning!" I whispered.

Scarlett nodded in agreement she lifted her hand.

"My name is Scarlett Monroe!"

I chuckled and I shook her hand.

"Nathaniel Pierce!"

We let go and we began walking out of the bathroom.

"So do you have any ideas for the project?" She asked.

I gave her a sheepish smile.

"I haven't even read it."

Scarlett gave me a really look and chuckled.

"So how much did you bet?" I have to give you half! "

We walked to the kitchen.

" Nothing let's leave it even with Rachel's place! "Scarlett said.

I opened my mouth to argue but Scarlett threw me a please look and I couldn't say no.

"So if you haven't read the project why are you here?"

"I wanted your number and Oliver somehow brought me here!" I admitted while helping Scarlett reach some napkins from a top counter.

Scarlett narrowed her eyes and sighed. If she had anything to say she kept it for herself.
I helped her place everything on the table. After we were done my eyes lingered over to her nephew and David.