Chapter 133: Cough

****************
Hayden's POV
****************
June 2nd 2033
****************
I stared at Scarlett's sleeping face. I traced her cheek. I sighed. We had been living peacefully. I tried not thinking about the money and things were well.
It was around 4 in the morning and the thing and I were in bed. We manage to fit all in bed since it was cold.

The thing had his arm around me. I sometimes got annoyed but he wasn't that bad.

During our time here on the island we had played endlessly. Cleaned up, read books, will I did since thing didn't know how to read yet.

I had tried to home teach the thing but he just blinked at me and that irritated me more. He did like coloring with the kit I bought him.

He sometimes looked sad and I'm sure he missed his father but when he looked at Scarlett he seem to forget a bit. I sometimes wondered what went through his head. I managed to get up from bed and went to do breakfast.

The thing eventually woke up later on and went around looking for me. Sometimes I felt he was like glue. I served him breakfast. I had to admit something, Nathaniel had done a good job in educating him.

Afterwards I cleaned up and the thing went to do a drawing. I grabbed a book and began reading.

I was distracted when I found the thing in front of me. He was holding a drawing towards me.

Oh boy, another one. I sighed and took it. I looked at it. It was him and I holding hands and standing in the ocean. We were stick figures. He painted the sun on the corner of the paper.

I looked at the thing.

I turned to look at the wall I had placed around 10 drawings of his on the wall with tape. In every drawing he was with me. Cooking, playing etc. He did a few drawings were he was with his dad and him. I bit my lip. I felt guilty for having the thing with me and his father out there wondering what was happening.

I looked down at the drawing.

"Another ugly one." I sighed and taped the drawing on the wall careful to not rip it.

The thing looked at me and I sware I saw amusement. I was growing annoyed.

"Don't think I like you!" I informed.

The thing looked down and his expression happen to be sadness..

I bit my lip.

"Okay I do but just a little bit."

The thing looked up and gave me a small smile. He was biting his nail. I rolled my eyes. Why did he have to be adorable? I had like an urge of squeezing his cheeks.

Ugh. To much sweetness.

I sat back and continued my book.

*********************
September 2nd 2033
*********************

Yes, this is now how long I've managed to hide. Money was very very tight right now. I loved my free time but now it was time to worry.

I held onto Scarlett's hand, every time Titan was out of site I would talk to her and I always ended disappointed when I never received an answer or any sign of her listening. However, I refused to accept she wouldn't wake up. I kissed Scarlett's hand. I grabbed onto her and closed my eyes.

I swallowed and bit my cheek to stop tears. I was immediately alerted when I heard coughing.

I placed Scarlett's hand down again and went to the living room. I heard another cough and found the thing.