Chapter 117: Trail One

The notification was a punch to the gut.
I had to fake a smile towards Arianna.
I turned to look at everyone working and Nathaniel was giving me a couple of looks.

"Giovanni can you come with me?" I asked.

Everyone turned quiet and eyed me curiously.

Giovanni looked taken aback but he didn't object he walked over to me. I looked at Hayden.

"I'll be back don't go anywhere!" Hayden nodded. I closed the door to the meeting room and Edgar protected the entrance.

Giovanni and I walked to my office.

I came in and Giovanni closed the door.

I gave the papers to Giovanni and he started reading. I sat on my chair and waited. I couldn't think the fear and the anger were at the very top of my head.

He sat as well and I waited patiently.

"Listen Scarlett I know you're worried but her chances of winning are like 1%."

I swallowed. "I can not just not worry if there is 1% I have to prepare."

Giovanni sighed.

"Scarlett I understand and I'm with you." I licked my lips.

"Please help me."

Giovanni nodded. "I promise I will but I need you to open up, okay?" Giovanni whispered sort of uncomfortably.
I frowned but nodded.

"Can you confirm Ana abused you!?"

Immediately my expression turned soured but I nodded in confirmation.

"What was your abuse like?"

I felt the air leave me. I never thought I would ever have to bring this up.

"Is this necessary?" I asked feeling drowned.

Giovanni nodded. "Court will be worse than this." Giovanni whispered and I swallowed.

Giovanni stole a pen and brought a journal out. I sighed.

"Abuse went from physical to mental." I whispered and looked away.

"Like?"

I cringed.

"Broken bones, cuts, hits, starvation and mental I can't describe it." I looked at the floor.

I heard Giovanni swallow.

"I'm sorry."

There was silence.

"Did any doctor attend you?" Giovanni asked hoarsly.

I nodded. "Is there any medical records?" I sighed and nodded.

"Okay we have to grab onto them. We're going to proof Ana is not fit to take him from you and if we can send her to jail for child abuse. "

I looked up so he was gathering proof...
I gasped.

"Scarlett is there anything she could use against you that I need to know?"

Immediately my brother's death jumped in my head. However, before I said anything there was a knock on the door.

Giovanni stood up and opened the door Hayden was there holding Nathaniel's hand. Edgar protecting.

" He wanted to be with you! "Nathaniel said awkwardly.

I nodded. Hayden immediately came in.

" Thank you! "I mouthed over to Nathaniel, he nodded and walked away. I was thankful for that. Giovanni closed the door." Are you okay? " Giovanni asked.