Chapter 101: Chosen

Scarlett's POV

*****************************

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I could not believe Nathaniel had won, I cringed at the idea of sitting down and listening to him. Not to mention that Killian was not helping at all.

A little bit of trust would help, I thought.

"You can't talk to him!" Killian argued in the middle of the night while I just wanted to sleep.

" I won't okay?" I lied anything to just sleep a little I was tired and all I wanted was a bit of peace for once. Tomorrow the ones who would be racing at the big event would be chosen.

Somehow Killian seemed to believe me and he laid by my side, on the bed.

I looked at his eyes. Why was he so scared? Why could he not trust me after I trusted him? I didn't even consider him not telling me something Nathaniel knew.

Finally the lights went out and Killian hugged me to his chest.

I closed my eyes being anxious about a tomorrow and thinking about Hayden and that at the end that should be the only thing that should be important to me. I sighed and soon sleep consumed me.

Hayden...

*

*

*

*

*

*

The next day I woke up to see Killian by my side. I was really thankful for everything he did and I was tired of him not trusting me. I hated knowing how bad Kayla had left him. I stood up quietly and prepared myself. I would talk to Nathaniel and I was not going to tell Killian. I swallowed, I would tell him after I talked to him I would show him that no matter what Nathaniel said I was not going back to him.

I made myself downstairs and out to the staduim once again.

Today the ones that would race would be chosen.

My hands were very nervous.

Soon I found the teams and all of them were in lines.

I went to my team and this time I wasn't able to look at Nathaniel in the eye I swallowed and looked at the people in front of us. There was a lady talking to the coaches and the guy without a tooth.
Finally after what seemed so long. Employees brought an urn with papers in it.

I could see Oliver hold his breath and well Nathaniel, I wasn't able to turn around to look at him

Soon the lady took a microphone and spoke. "Hello to everyone."

"As you know in two days a final race is being prepared." The woman said with huge emotion she took a pause.

"This race will not only give you a winning award but for you to actually become a professional bike rider and if you already are, you know how much this place will open doors for you."