Chapter 78: I promise

I woke up to a baby crying.

I sat up and noticed Killian pacing around trying to get the baby to sleep.

The sight was quite amusing.

I yawned. Killian turned to look at me while pacing.

His face screamed help.

I looked down at Hayden he was sleeping while facing me. I'm glad he's still sleeping.

I heard the baby cry louder. I got up to see a very concerned Killian.

I went over to him and I held my arms indicating him to give me the baby.

He hesitated but did so.

I yawned again. In a few seconds the baby went silent. Killian sighed in relief.

"Did you really take care of her for a month?" I asked in a sleepy voice. Killian threw me a quick glare.

"Why did you take her in?" I asked.

"Don't ask me!" Killian whispered.

I rolled my eyes and looked down at the baby... She was starting to fall asleep.

Killian went to sit on the bed and rubbed his eyes.

I turned to look at the clock. Four in the morning. Well I guess I won't be going to sleep.

The baby fell asleep and I placed her in her crib. I turned to look at Killian that's when I heard his stomach grumble. Killian gave me an embarrassed look.

He hasn't changed. I chuckled.

"Let's make breakfast!" I whispered.

He nodded and we tiptoed out, turning the light off on the way.

We walked into the kitchen.

I went straight to preparing French toast, eggs, bacon and muffins.

Killian stared at me the whole time.

"I can do tea and coffee if you'd like!" He said after I was finishing up.

"Go ahead!" I said yawning again.

He nodded and started looking around. He scratched his cheek until he spotted the tea and coffee.

Children started to come in. They eyed Killian weirdly.

I started handing their food out. I saw Hayden come in with a crying baby in his arms.

"Oh!" Killian said and rushed to pick the baby up.

I should snap a picture...

I placed food for Hayden and Killian. I also started to heat a bottle up.

After that the kids started to do their own tea, coffee or grab milk.

Killian failed...

Hayden ate in silence and I did the same. Killian finished feeding the baby and began hitting the baby's back. After she burped Killian began eating.

I never imagined Killian doing that. Hayden eyed him amused. I couldn't help it and did the same.

"Stop staring!" Killian said.

"You look adorable." I said.

"No I don't!" Killian hissed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Hayden did you do your homework?" I asked.

Hayden nodded.

"Do I have to sign anything?" I asked.