Chapter 17: Family Dinner

Scarlett's POV

We finally finished, it was about 5. I was dead tired.

I was really wanting to go to bed, but we still had the family dinner.

Mrs. Pierce and I reached my home and she let me out of the car.

" Scarlett, I will take the wedding and the after-party dress if you don't mind...I'm kind a scared of your sister." She said sheepishly.

I chuckled and nodded.

Marisa wouldn't act like a 6-year-old, would she? Nahhh.

She smiled.

" See you at 7, alright?"

" Take care Mrs. Pierce." I said while nodding.

She flinched. " Stop calling me that, just call me Lydia or mom." She said.

Mom...those words seemed sacred.

" Okay Lydia!" I said.

She half smiled, I knew she was expecting me to call her mom, but I couldn't...

I took the dress for tonight and gave her a small hug.

We smiled, and she turned to leave. I turned around as well and walked to the front door.

I went up to my room and left the dress on the bed.

I went to take a tub shower, I let the water run and I stripped and got in.

I cleaned myself and leaned, my back to the tub.

I closed my eyes, my muscles felt so sore.

I felt at peace...

Once I opened them again, I shivered. The water was cold, did I fall asleep?

I heard a ripping sound and I turned to look at the bathroom's door in a rush. I got up and wrapped a towel around me.

I opened the door and there stood Marisa. To my horror she was ripping tonights dress, the one that took me hours to choose, well for Mrs. Pierc-Lydia to agree with.

" Opps. I think I accidently ripped your dress! " She smirked at me.

Lydia had it so right. Was she some type of prophet?

I chuckled. "What are you Marisa, 6?"

She groaned in anger.

" I may be 6 but you don't have anything pretty for tonight and I do!!" She sassed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you say." I said.

I went towards my closet.

She stomped her foot. " Don't you care that Nathaniel will be looking at me? I will be the one dressing pretty and all?"

I snorted.

I took some jeans and a shirt from my closet. I walked towards my drawer and pulled out a bra and some underwear. I threw everything at my bed.

I finally turned to look at Marisa, she looked annoyed.

" Marisa, I got better things to think about, than to be thinking about dressing pretty. Now if you're done with throwing your tantrum get out."

"Make me!!! She hissed.

I sighed and so I dropped my towel.